Ach come oan!!!

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Ach come oan!!!

Postby McShad » Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:58 am

GCC are at it again.... why do I pay taxes when they put my life at risk?

The Tradeston area has had all the white lines redrawn for the addition of bicycle lanes... that I can live with

But the stupid BUS lane at the start of paisley road west from the toll is just stupid!

Both lanes were wide, but now, there is a bus lane and the opposite lane is reduced to the gutter. Normally, the white lines that divide a road between opposite traffic is in the middle of the road.. not anymore.
They've stuck a bus lane on the east bound and moved the centre line over.
And they havent warned anybody! There is a sign high on a lampost telling you the times for the bus lane and thats it. I know about the changed layout, but the private hire taxi that nearly went head on with me last night did'nt.... visability was fine... it wasnt raining at the time. The driver just wasnt observant enough but not totally to blame since nobody is warned about it. The traffic wouldnt snarl up at the toll if it wasnt for all the private hire taxis and cars parked at the shops... get rid of them and there will be no need for a bus lane.

Stupid!

STUPID STUPID STUPID

The council have a sudden spat of these lane moving all of a sudden and if I'm involved in a crash, I'm sueing them for it!

*sigh*
McShad
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: Ach come oan!!!

Postby Fat Cat » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:53 pm

McShad wrote:The council have a sudden spat of these lane moving all of a sudden and if I'm involved in a crash, I'm sueing them for it!

*sigh*

If you're involved in a crash, how's it the council's fault? Part of driving and having a full licence is using due care and attention.

Big it up for bus lanes. The less cars on the road the better.

Perhaps if more people walked instead of using the car, Glasgow might just get a wee bit healthier.
Fat Cat
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Sharon » Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:00 pm

if bus emissions were kept cleaner - i feel like im forever choking on them...
Sharon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby red_kola » Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:01 pm

Fat Cat wrote:Big it up for bus lanes. The less cars on the road the better.

Perhaps if more people walked instead of using the car, Glasgow might just get a wee bit healthier.

Er... take a look at the guys avatar.

A real close look ;-)

And until the buses are all running on LPG or biodiesel with modern low-emission engines they can fuck off too!
Destroy All Monsters
red_kola
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby glasgowken » Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:05 pm

Sharon wrote:if bus emissions were kept cleaner - i feel like im forever choking on them...

Ahhh...nothing like the whiff of a nice smokey diesel :D
glasgowken
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Fat Cat » Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:15 pm

red_kola wrote:
Fat Cat wrote:Big it up for bus lanes. The less cars on the road the better.

Er... take a look at the guys avatar.

A real close look ;-)

And until the buses are all running on LPG or biodiesel with modern low-emission engines they can fuck off too!

Just stating an opinion.

And yes I did see his avatar. The point is there is too much traffic on the roads and the council are trying to bully drivers into using public transport as this seems to be the only language they understand (apart from their gestures to pedestrians, cyclists and, yes, motorcyclists).
Fat Cat
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Sharon » Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:20 pm

Instead of bullying people into using public transport...they could, oh I dunnop, call me crazy... make it better!!???

The buses are dire, dirty uncomfortable and crowded...and of course theres the age old problem of not knowing when to truel expect one.

Until that changes, bullying won't work.
Sharon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby glasgowken » Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:23 pm

Most buses are filthy, and stink of stale food & piss :?
Trains are nicer, & faster :)
glasgowken
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Ally Doll » Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:31 pm

Sharon wrote:Instead of bullying people into using public transport...they could, oh I dunnop, call me crazy... make it better!!???

The buses are dire, dirty uncomfortable and crowded...and of course theres the age old problem of not knowing when to truel expect one.

Until that changes, bullying won't work.

I agree, most of the buses I have been on in Glasgow have been filthy and full of swearing neds, really intimidating.

It's strange how First Aberdeen manage to run reasonably clean new buses, but First Glasgow's are manky and old. Guess it may be to do with the HQ being in Abdn.
Ally Doll
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby AlanM » Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:34 pm

Public transport (especially rail) is over-priced. If there was some mechanism to reduce the operators' costs and pass these reductions to fare paying passengers its use would increase.
Who needs a six pack....when you've got a keg!!!
AlanM
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby The_Clincher » Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:09 pm

Correct...buses are clatty inside and out and often carry undesirables particularly at night time. People are being priced of the rails as was also mentioned.

I couldn't rely on public transport for work etc ( and wouldn't do so again having used rail for 3 years to commute i could say that around 60-70 % of my journeys we're late, wich would end up costing me ) best thing i done was passed my driving test and got my own car. It gets mot'd to a Government standard and the exhaust emissions meet the requirements laid out. The real rogues are clatty buses...you can choke walking through Partick at times!

Therefore, i'm going to use my car as often as i want and no politician is going to ever be able to convince me not to use it.
Last edited by The_Clincher on Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The_Clincher
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby McShad » Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:54 pm

Fat Cat wrote:Just stating an opinion.

And yes I did see his avatar. The point is there is too much traffic on the roads and the council are trying to bully drivers into using public transport as this seems to be the only language they understand (apart from their gestures to pedestrians, cyclists and, yes, motorcyclists).

Hold on a sec... what gestures to motorcyclists are there? They arent allowed to us bus lanes and most of the lanes are now far too narrow to filter through stationary traffic...

Please, do tell

If you damage your vehicle with defective roads, you can claim the council... so if they alter the road layout and don't tell anyone... see what I'm saying?
McShad
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby My Kitten » Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:07 pm

Sharon wrote:The buses are dire, dirty uncomfortable and crowded...

Especially round this way, the seem to attract a, how shall i put it, Skanky Clientele.

Sometimes I hate it when I'm poor ;)
My Kitten
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Schiehallion » Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:03 am

The state of the bus depends on the route. I've got two services, the posh 44 (Eaglesham - Knightswood) which has new, shiny, clean buses and the 66 (East Kilbride - Mountblow) which uses more downtrodden buses for a more common class of customer.
Schiehallion
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby allyharp » Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:11 am

I've been on the 62 night bus 3 times. 2 of those 3 nearly ended in a fight. I'm in no rush to try it a 4th time :?
allyharp
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Next

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)