Romantic Tales-I need your help!

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Romantic Tales-I need your help!

Postby thescoop » Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:54 pm

Hello-its me again-and Im looking for your help on a feature I am working on for a Scottish newspapaer, to coincide with Valentines Day. I am looking for romantic unusual and heartwarming tales from Glasgow people. But Im also wanting to know where the most romantic location is in Glasgow. If you can help me please email [email protected]. I hope you can help. Chris
thescoop
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby Sharon » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:02 pm

Spooky, you have posted almost exactly the same thing as Jim http://www.hiddenglasgow.com/forums/vie ... php?t=1812

Although as for the romantic and heartwarming, well I'm not personally a fan of valentines day at all... never really seen the point. I mean its pretty pathetic if you only have the courage to do something romantic when everyshop on the high street is telling you to do so... and then wtf is romantic about that? Its only you and the rest of the world pulling the same moves at the same time...

</rant over>
Beware of yawning dogs.
Sharon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Romantic Tales-I need your help!

Postby paladin » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:29 pm

thescoop wrote: I hope you can help. Chris

It was desperate measures for desperate times for me this time last year, as after an awful Christmas and even worse New Year, come the first week in February 04 I was deadmeat.....dumped for the 34th time in our hot/cold-on/off-love/hate relationship and I was fast becoming history if I didn't come up with something unusual. (Our relationship is unusual as we live in different countries) Anyway, to make or break-up for good I took a 600mile round trip on 14th February just to hand deliver a card personally. Totally spontaneous but helped greatly by the meaning associated by the day itself.......we are still very much together even though the 'dumping' seems to have dropped off greatly. (total no. of dumps so far = 39).
It might be a bit cheesy but it works if it's done properly and of course....love.
You will never learn anything greater, than to love and be loved in return.
paladin
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby duncan » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:31 pm

sharon, we're going to club together and get you a card this year. one of those 3ft high ones that's covered in padded pink satin, with a picture of a cute teddybear.
duncan
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Sharon » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:34 pm

Ahhhhhhhhhh something to aid learning the art of knife throwng!

So sweet !
Beware of yawning dogs.
Sharon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AMcD » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:47 pm

Being single, I've decided to surprise myself this year. I haven't a clue what I'm getting myself, but I can't wait to see the look on my face. :D
Allan
AMcD
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby whistling_gypsy21 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:10 am

The most romantic place and setting is Buchanan Street and George Square on Christmas eve, not only does the light and decorations make it feel all christmassy but the weather in Glasgow adds a little character to the city at this time. Im sure there are better ones but this is by far the most romantic place inn glasgow to me although im sure someone will think otherwise....

Oh and im sure how my gran and papa met was pretty romantic but would have to check if your interested?

L xx
whistling_gypsy21
Just settling in
Just settling in

re-Romance Tales

Postby thescoop » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:06 pm

Hello again!

I was wondering-what about interesting experiences with the valentines cards! Do you have a secret admirer who sends you a card regularly or have you entered a bizarre valentines day radio or tv comp?

And everyone should enjoy Valentines Day, who knows it could be a special ne for ya all this year!
thescoop
Just settling in
Just settling in

Re: re-Romance Tales

Postby Fossil » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:14 pm

thescoop wrote:.............. who knows it could be a special ne for ya all this year!

explain :?:

Fossil
Bum tit tit bum tit tit play yer hairy banjo
Fossil
-
-

Re: Romantic Tales-I need your help!

Postby paladin » Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:14 pm

thescoop wrote: But Im also wanting to know where the most romantic location is in Glasgow.

Location is always secondary to the one you are with. It needs to be a location that is open, air conditioned, high ceilings, plenty of interesting things/people to look at (especially when a call of nature leaves one of you alone), friendly staff that can sense the mood of the clientile, it needs to be a place that makes you feel special without intimidating either party and affoerdable to both parties. The initial rendezvous seems to set the pattern for future meetings together and couples become 'attached' to a certain location emotionally, Lang's Hotel was where our first meeting together took place in Glasgow and we go back there and it keep's us in check as to where we started up to the present. 'There are places I'll remember'...words from the song In my Life........Langs Hotel is one of those places. :D
paladin
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby evilheartedyou » Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:06 pm

ahh anywhere can be romantic when you're with the one you love :) </cheese>

fond memories of the botanics as my boyfriend and I used to go there when we first started going out, there's not many nice green places about in Glasgow to sit about for an entire day :(
without you, today's emotions would be the scurf of yesterday's...
evilheartedyou
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby yourebarred » Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:08 pm

no green places? glasgow?
queens park by the flagpole nice for holding hands in the daytime. apparently nice for holding other things at night!
yourebarred
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby crusty_bint » Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:27 pm

yourebarred wrote:queens park by the flagpole nice for holding hands in the daytime. apparently nice for holding other things at night!

A bottle of buckfast?
here i go, it's coming for me through the trees
crusty_bint
-
-

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)