Staglieno

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Staglieno

Postby Toby Dammit » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:22 pm

Sadly, as you can see, Photobucket, which offered free hosting for years (the reason I used it in the first place) has decided to try and rob all it's previous users by suddenly blanking out their pictures and charging a £50 - £400 per year as ransom. I'm afraid I won't be paying them a penny, a great shame as I was rather proud of my work here.

Oh well.
travel, films and stuff https://freakydog.wordpress.com/
Toby Dammit
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby banjo » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:29 am

as we were toby.your actions are justifiable though.thanks for the journey.
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby rabmania » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:52 pm

Toby Dammit wrote:Sadly, as you can see, Photobucket, which offered free hosting for years (the reason I used it in the first place) has decided to try and rob all it's previous users by suddenly blanking out their pictures and charging a £50 - £400 per year as ransom. I'm afraid I won't be paying them a penny, a great shame as I was rather proud of my work here.

Oh well.

Such a pity- fine sets they are too.
rabmania
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Christine140977 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:49 pm

Hi,
just saw your photos of Stagliano. It is an amazing graveyard and it takes days to see everything.
The grave of "Giorgo Ottone" looks absolute fantastic.
I was able to go inside the familiy grave. There are steps going down into the basement.
Ther rest of the Ottone family seems to be barried there. It's in a very poor condition. One of the graves was open and I was able to see bones.
Like you wrote, there ist nothing to find about Giorgio Ottone in the internet. Next year I'll be visiting a friend in Genova. I 'll try to find out whats going on with family "Ottone" and let you know if you're still interested.
Greetings from Germany!
Christine
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Christine140977
Just settling in
Just settling in

Previous

Return to Around the World