INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Postby banjo » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:26 pm

good for you Navaho 56.glad to have you on board to help waken the place up(I wish).
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby robertpool » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:17 am

All quiet on the Westend front .................... bloody facebook :-(
robertpool
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Jgaz » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:45 pm

Hi
I'm jgaz I live in Coatbridge. I think this site is amazing.
So much interesting trivia.
Jgaz
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby Tommy3561 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:47 pm

Hello all i'm Tommy Glasgow born and bred (and very proud to be) recently got back into photography so you might well find me posting pics from my home city
Tommy3561
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby banjo » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:40 pm

a big hg welcome to all newbies.
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby The Old Crock » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:53 am

Hi,

My names Drew, Glasgow born and bred.

I left many years ago to travel the world but have now settled in Dorset.

Looking forward to exploring this site found only by accident.
The Old Crock
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby hughie » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:52 am

Dropped back in after a long absence. Social media is taking it's toll on my long standing forum too.
Retired doon the Watter in Australia.
hughie
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby dimairt » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:02 am

hughie wrote:Dropped back in after a long absence. Social media is taking it's toll on my long standing forum too.

Failte air ais Hughie. (welcome back)

Durachdan,

Eddy
dimairt
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby hughie » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:22 pm

Sorry for the delay in replying, Durachdan - Eddy? I'm shocked and stunned as to how this once vibrant forum has dropped off. I'm fighting like hell to keep our forum afloat - we actually started as an email group back last century - 1999 :wink: .

Anyone with memories of going doon the watter for the Fair to Ardrossan Saltcoats or Stevenston, our members would love to hear from you. http://www.threetowners.net/forum we want to keep our forum alive. FB is killing local groups such as ours with their links to family and friends. :cry:
Retired doon the Watter in Australia.
hughie
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Wolseley H » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:38 am

Hellow fellow Mungoites, just logged in, born in Kames Street opposite Dixons Blazes in 59, went to Buchan Street School, Wolseley St school under Headmistress Mrs Bryce and senior school Adelphi Secondary modern but just for a year, anyway I am back.

Need to get this board chuntering along, I lived at Gorbals Cross top flat above Ralstons newsagents, lived in Cramond Street Polmadie and Rosebery Street too.

Been chased by the parky in Richmand Park dozens of times, he didnt catch me then and I'll bet he coulnae do it now!

Played fitba for the Rangers boys on red ash on the glasgow green for alex miller and John Greig.

Would like to hear from any of the Wolseley football team who beat Blackfriars in the sixties, I remember a Leslie Dickenson(Lego), Peter Reid, a George Sutherland, Will ?, Peter Reid, Ronnie ?, Franny ?, we had a team picture taken with and signed by Jim Baxter which I might even post one day.

Good to be back with your ain folk!

Also remember a Brian Cochrane from Buchan St, and a James Callaghan from Adelphi.

My name is Harry
Wolseley H
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby JDom » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:04 am

Hello

My name is Jay and I live in Kent, UK. To be honest I'm a little bit of a boring fella that likes to relax and do a little metal detecting. Look out for my thread soon for a chat

thanks
JDom
Just settling in
Just settling in

Detecting then discovering..

Postby jazzycat » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:02 pm

Hi! I'm Sally. 2yrs ago I joined a Research/Metal Detecting Group in the hope that Glasgow City Council would join dozens of others and decriminalise use of MD's in Public Parks. A Report showed they agree to their use in principle, hurray!, told us to get registered with NCMD & to obtain a Permit from same; The Permits didnt exist. NCMD added 2yrs of insult to injury by "representing" our wishes to not be arrested for acting responsibly whilst covered by £10m Public Liability Insurance they'd sold us (for digging wee holes in soil/turf, something dogs, foxes, rabbits + golfers do every day without filling in their holes OR being Arrested/Fined £50) & concluded 2yrs 'NON Representation' saying "There's nothing to find in Glasgow anyway". I think most people here would disagree with such a blinkered view. My interests extend beyond metal detecting, a skill which annually produces impressive numbers of artefacts/relics that in turn lead to exciting Archeological Finds. Ive also taken up Map Dowsing and have mapped out if not uncovered a collection of outlines indicating what I was expecting to find; Buried boats & ships *all over the place* at 26m above Current Sea Level. Im here to engage in open-minded discussion and to try to find jigsaw pieces of corroborating OR opposing Evidence all of which fit together to uncover The Truth of what IS here to be found; The active word in what I keep seeing is ARK.
jazzycat
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby adownie » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:57 pm

Hi, I'm Andrew. I've lived in Strathbungo for 18 years, and have been gradually gathering snippets of local history over the years. I have finally made the great leap to get it up on the web, with the support of The Strathbungo Society, so anyone who is interested, please take a look at http://bygone.bungoblog.com

The site includes a database of every property in Strathbungo, with over 5000 residents listed in the period 1860-1925. More to come as time allows.
adownie
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby martin123 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:20 am

Hello to whole community i am new here as you are seeing this is my first post but i am very glad to see you all on the way! thanks for making a part of this community!
martin123
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby Wishart » Mon May 22, 2017 9:43 pm

Hello folks

I'm a mature man retiring this year, so I'll have some free time to finally take up drawing and browse through the posts in HG. I've justed started a video project, the first of which I've posted on here.

I originally came from the east end, been up and down the UK and now I've settled in south Glasgow.

As for the tech stuff, I detest Windows 10 and have replaced it with LinuxMint on my desktop PC.

I also dislike Facebook, but I do like Twitter.

Wishart
Everything slows down with age, except the time it takes cake and ice cream to reach your hips. (John Wagner)
Wishart
Just settling in
Just settling in

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)