Anyone remember this?

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Anyone remember this?

Postby War Baby » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:41 pm

About ten years ago at least, I watched a TV program that had a choir of children singing How Much Is That Doggie In The Window -- which is far, far from the kind of music that usually inspires me -- but this was really fantastic and I was knocked out by it. They turned the tune inside out, and I never forgot it. It was still ringing in my head days after it.

....I have tried lots of googles over the years to try to find a video of that group but have never been successful. I am almost certain that it was staged on Glasgow Green but I could be wrong. I don't suppose anyone remembers what the choir was called or if I am right about it being on Glasgow Green.
War Baby
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Re: Anyone remember this?

Postby MungoDundas » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:28 am

Know the feeling - seemingly the edward snowden view reportedly that they do know
everything all about us totally - is not supported by my experience - truly no one knows anything.

Sadly, when some worthwhile is needed, the Internet trips up immediately - no answers come back. Could anyone point me to a link (that I had on a now expired laptop) that reaches:

T-in the Park from some years back.
T-break Stage appearance.

Glasgow resident playing funk

One song called 'these walls'

Obliged,
NMcN
MungoDundas
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby motman » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:20 pm

War Baby wrote:About ten years ago at least, I watched a TV program that had a choir of children singing How Much Is That Doggie In The Window -- which is far, far from the kind of music that usually inspires me -- but this was really fantastic and I was knocked out by it. They turned the tune inside out, and I never forgot it. It was still ringing in my head days after it.

....I have tried lots of googles over the years to try to find a video of that group but have never been successful. I am almost certain that it was staged on Glasgow Green but I could be wrong. I don't suppose anyone remembers what the choir was called or if I am right about it being on Glasgow Green.

I have vague memories of an all-American choir of tear-jerking kids singing this with Bing Crosby (honestly I'm not that auld) in the close harmony style much loved by him and his ilk. Much more than ten years ago, I'm afraid.
motman
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby War Baby » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:54 am

The choir I heard singing it was terrific. One half of the choir was singing counterpoint to the other half, with the two harmonizing with each other, going up and down the scales like a "fiddlers elbow". It is a "fun song" but if the song is done properly by a choir, it sure is something. ...Bing is one of my favourite singers. I have listened to lots of his stuff from the 1920's and 1930's.
War Baby
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)