Apollo wrote:Might I suggest never, NEVER offer to have a clown's baby:-

http://www.pbase.com/adlerz/image/35670279

::):
If no body's perfect, why practise?
Gazzathecoigne
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Apollo » Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:41 am

Done it again, searching for something unconnected to blasted clowns and this came up:

http://www.ihateclowns.com/

Nice though, leads to 'Punch the Clown', 'Slap the Mime' and 'Shoot the Clown', and other clown goodies including a forum devoted to clown hating. I quote:

"There are people in this world who dress up and act like clowns; I don't like these people. I am not clownophobic (or to be politically /scientifically correct, coulrophobic). I do not fear clowns. Really. I don't. They are just not nice people. They scare little kids, they cause neurosis in some adults, they have big floppy feet, they try to fit too many of their kind in a car, I could go on and on."
Apollo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby MadameZiggy » Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:38 pm

Apollo wrote:Yeh, clowns really are scary people 8O

http://www.ouchytheclown.com/

What the...?!

8O I am truly,truly traumatised!
MadameZiggy
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Re: Killer Clowns!!!

Postby Darryladair » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:39 pm

i can remember this rumour haha
i'm 19 now but when i was a kid growning up in Barlanark there was always a rumour that clown's drove about kidnapping children and that:P tbh thinkin back its a bit like the maggy murphy and black coffee stories we wer told haha
Darryladair
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby TheSnigger » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:01 am

I remember these stories.

Around about the time these stories were rampant (early 90's) some friends and I discovered a place in the Calton. It was an old school or something, not sure which. It was on a patch of wasteland behind the Calton Athletic on London road.

The building was derelict, dark...could hardly see two feet in front of you, but the walls were all painted with murals, and there were images of clowns laughing, crying...freaky as hell it was.

There was an odd smell in that building, and the more time we spent there the more accustomed we became to it, and as a result we got braver. So, one day I ventured up a darkened staircase trying to show off, on my own. I got to the top of the stairs and the stench was absolutely disgusting, could feel my feet squelch on the ground below, like walking on a wet carpet, my eyes were gradually adjusting to the poor light.

Imagine my delight when I realised the soft, wet terrain under my feet was in fact a dead dog, not just dead but kinda - well, ripped apart, really.

Does anyone know the bulding I'm talking about? My friends and I became convinced it was the home of the notorious killer clowns and stopped going there, especially after the dead dog incident.

Be cool to find out what that building actually was, looked like an old abandoned school or nursery with all the paintings on the wall, I'm sure they looked nice when they were first painted, but given the condition of the building at that time, coupled with the eerie atmosphere within, - freaky stuff.

The building is gone now, there's a big office type construction there built by thenue I think.
TheSnigger
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Bridie » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:13 am

Hello Snigger welcome to HG :D
Thanks for that story - hope someone knows the location and thanks for resurrecting this thread.

Taking it a smite to the darker side :(
I wonder if the stories originated from 1972 and the horror that was John Wade Gacy in US?
"John Wayne Gacy was convicted of the torture, rape and murder of 33 males between 1972 until his arrest in 1978. He was dubbed the "Killer Clown" because he entertained kids at parties as "Pogo The Clown."

the killer as a child
Yes HH,I know
Bridie
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby banjo » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:26 am

im sure i seen a movie with brian denehy playing gacy.very convincing he was too.
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Bridie » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:33 pm

banjo wrote:im sure i seen a movie with brian denehy playing gacy.very convincing he was too.

To Catch a Killer. He's a great actor - couldn't watch the film though.
Yes HH,I know
Bridie
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby TheSnigger » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:13 am

Hey, thanks for the warm welcome and response.

I was tiinking about this yesterday coming home from work as I passed that bit at London road, as I said my previous post, they've built some modern looking construction there.

While they were building, say about a year ago, again I was passing on the bus which pulled in at the bus stop there, and a taxi pulled over in front of us, an obviously drunk guy got out the taxi and ran towards the fenced off construction site, he was clearly intoxicated.

He slammed himself against the fence, he looked quite emotional, a woman got out of the taxi and was trying to drag him back in, he looked upset about the construction work for some reason, clinging to the fence all tearful and longing, with a look of want about him. The woman was trying to drag him back into the taxi but he was clinging to that fence and pointing at the site behind the fence, couldna't hear what they were saying but it was bizarre to say the least.

And for a minute I considered getting off the bus and askin him what that was all about - none of my business I guess. But he gave the distinct impression he was somehow connected to that patch of land in the past.

I thought about that and the old derelict building, wonder if there was a connection there. Nothing else to add about it, really - just thought it was an interesting little story, Glasgow's changed so much around that neck of the woods over the last 10 years or so it's amazing.
TheSnigger
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby bAzTNM » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:02 pm

Know the place you're on about "Snigger".

Local kids used to call it the "Calton Club". Used to be a small, stone football pitch next to it (not the old St. James' Primary School pitch. A smaller one). Maybe it was some old changing room area thing? It ended up being burned down by local kids, IIRC. I remember Calton parents going off their nut about their kids going to the place as it was a magnet for junkies and dossers. Area still is, but now they hide amongst those grass hills.

Somebody set it on fire. Some remnants remained, then they smashed it to the ground pretty quick after it.

ADDED: Must have came down in 1997 or 1998.
bAzTNM
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby K9_Mac » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:00 pm

This story was around in Castlemilk in the lat 80's....a white transit, clowns, abductions etc.

Do you remember Azad video stores? Well I distinctly remember sneaking Killer Clowns on my dad's video card around that time. It was a horror movie about clowns who killed people and put them into cocoons made of stuff that looked like candy floss ::): I often thought there was probably a link there.

Do any of you 'like' the Strathclyde police Facebook page? They've recently deleted thousands of posts and comments of a similar unfounded, hysterical nature. About attempted abductions by Asian men in a people carrier (and some other variations). Schools and police are being forced to respond even though there is no truth to it, just purely down to the hysterics and rumours :roll: despite the fact there is no evidence of any attempted abductions.
K9_Mac
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Mori » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:40 pm

Mori
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby mjw » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:18 am

I remember seeing that film oh when I was about 30, bloody terrifying. I think the evil clown image plays on us so much because we don't know what other people are really like under the image they project.
mjw
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby ninatoo » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:45 am

The book is scarier than the movie. I think the movie had too much of a tongue in cheek feel regarding the Pennywise.
ninatoo
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Verbal Kint » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:09 am

Verbal Kint
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Hidden Glasgow Projects