Re: Whit's fur tea?

Postby banjo » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:57 am

at least two too many imho.
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby ninatoo » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:06 pm

Shepherd's Pie at my house is made with beef mince (with a few added ingredients) and I sprinkle grated cheese on the potato. Mmmmm! It's not a REAL Shepherd's Pie, but I don't care!
ninatoo
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Doorstop » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:08 pm

banjo wrote:at least two too many imho.

Your missus bought tickets for a week. ;)
I like him ... He says "Okie Dokie!"
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby dimairt » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:42 pm

Chicken and chorizo in cider - made enough for tea tomorrow.

Durachdan,

Eddy
dimairt
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby RDR » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:20 am

Trying scrambled eggs and smoked salmon
He advocated for the weak against the strong, the poor against the rich and labour against capital.
RDR
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby dimairt » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:51 pm

Cucumber, coriander and chilli salad; spaghetti in tomato sauce; Arabiatta - spicy Italian bread. Lots of plonk.

Durachdan,

Eddy
dimairt
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby dimairt » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:10 am

My youngest son brought me a huge box of organic fruit and veg from his work, so it's been veggies a-go-go since. I made caponata,an Italian veg stew, then butternut-squash ravioli with a sage and butter sauce last night. Could murder a steak though.

Durachdan,

Eddy

PS - Is everyone else on a diet just now or away on holiday?
dimairt
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby RDR » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:08 am

dimairt wrote:My youngest son brought me a huge box of organic fruit and veg from his work, so it's been veggies a-go-go since. I made caponata,an Italian veg stew, then butternut-squash ravioli with a sage and butter sauce last night. Could murder a steak though.

Durachdan,

Eddy

PS - Is everyone else on a diet just now or away on holiday?

Funny that, we have had vegetarian stuff for the last three days, but tonight I'm going with a chicken and leek with potato topping, hotpot
He advocated for the weak against the strong, the poor against the rich and labour against capital.
RDR
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby dimairt » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:24 pm

I never think of it as "vegetarian stuff" RDR and with produce of this quality, who would miss meat? Back to tonight though with Hake fillet and a warm puy lentil salad.
I got the hake at the wee fishmongers at Partick Cross - good quality, cheap too.

Durachdan,

Eddy

PS - Chicken and leek, mmmmmmmmmmm.
dimairt
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby RDR » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:39 am

Made a Tagliatelle Ragu last night from a recipe by Gino D'Acampo. Very tasty and a lot less tomato sauce than you would find in an Italian restaurant and more meaty.
Going out tonight but following on from Eddy's fish theme going to give crab cakes a go over the weekend now I've found that the local ASDA have frozen dressed crab available.
RDR
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby dimairt » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:02 pm

RDR wrote:Made a Tagliatelle Ragu last night from a recipe by Gino D'Acampo. Very tasty and a lot less tomato sauce than you would find in an Italian restaurant and more meaty.
Going out tonight but following on from Eddy's fish theme going to give crab cakes a go over the weekend now I've found that the local ASDA have frozen dressed crab available.

Recommend this one RDR. I've had enough of the veggies and fish -it's steak tonight.

Durachdan,

Eddy
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/jami ... /50027-007
dimairt
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby RDR » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:15 pm

dimairt wrote:
RDR wrote:Made a Tagliatelle Ragu last night from a recipe by Gino D'Acampo. Very tasty and a lot less tomato sauce than you would find in an Italian restaurant and more meaty.

Recommend this one RDR. I've had enough of the veggies and fish -it's steak tonight.

Durachdan,

Eddy
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/jami ... /50027-007

That looks good, it's the hairy bikers recipe that I have for crab cakes, so a bit of a quandary about which one to use now :?
RDR
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby RDR » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:37 pm

Given I've got some Aubergine kicking about, also going to give Caponata a go this weekend.
RDR
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby dimairt » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:16 pm

Sunday afternoon is my favourite time for cooking: footie on the radio, glass or two of good plonk and an oven full of things.
Today it's pork belly with fennel and chilli; roast veg, using up the last of the organic stuff; stuffed peppers and roast red onions. This will feed me today and over the next few days.
If you haven't used fennel seeds, try them with any pork dish -chops , sausages, loin - the smell is fantastic.

Durachdan,

Eddy
dimairt
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby RDR » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:41 am

Nice piece of Gammon for tonight, which we will have with some home grown potatoes, mashed and a veg which I haven't decided on yet.
RDR
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Random Distractions