random question

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: random question

Postby sandabound » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:23 pm

mercury wrote:Why do people shopping in supermarkets take items from the shelf and walk halfway round the store and leave the items on another shelf? At Asda in Ibrox (other supermarkets are available) I counted about eleven items from tinned soup and frozen chicken to baby clothing. If you don't want it don't lift it or else take it back to where you got it. :evil:

Maybe someone's pissed off with ASDA for saying prices would go up if Scotland voted for indy :wink:
sandabound
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby The Creeping Spleen » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:56 am

Do not fucking start me on the subject of supermarkets...
Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.
The Creeping Spleen
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby sandabound » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:52 am

The Creeping Spleen wrote:Do not fucking start me on the subject of supermarkets...

Go for it we've got Aldi :wink:
sandabound
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby The Creeping Spleen » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:08 pm

Right then.

To start with - people who stand in the middle of an aisle talking.
Wee weans running about stupid getting in the way.
Old people! You see a couple of old people up ahead, and you just know that by the time you get to what you want they'll be standing right in front of it. So you turn round and go down the next aisle to avoid them, but when you get to the bottom THERE THEY ARE AGAIN!
Fuckwits who dither over two identical cans of soup or whatever.
Bawbags who'll pay for a pint of milk and a paper with their credit card.

So, here's what I would do to make supermarkets better places to shop - make them a one way system.
All shopping baskets and trolleys to be fitted with a combined GPS and RFID chip. If you linger for more than two minutes outwith certain areas - the checkouts, the toilets, the pharmacy (if there is one), the café (ditto) - you get charged double for your shopping.
The Creeping Spleen
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby sandabound » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:51 pm

The Creeping Spleen wrote:Right then.

To start with - people who stand in the middle of an aisle talking.
Wee weans running about stupid getting in the way.
Old people! You see a couple of old people up ahead, and you just know that by the time you get to what you want they'll be standing right in front of it. So you turn round and go down the next aisle to avoid them, but when you get to the bottom THERE THEY ARE AGAIN!
Fuckwits who dither over two identical cans of soup or whatever.
Bawbags who'll pay for a pint of milk and a paper with their credit card.

So, here's what I would do to make supermarkets better places to shop - make them a one way system.
All shopping baskets and trolleys to be fitted with a combined GPS and RFID chip. If you linger for more than two minutes outwith certain areas - the checkouts, the toilets, the pharmacy (if there is one), the café (ditto) - you get charged double for your shopping.

You missed the family who step inside the only entrance & have a team meeting for 2-3 mins.
sandabound
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby dimairt » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:23 pm

What I'd like to see at supermarkets are tills set aside for men who, like me, want to pay with cash and have it to hand, don't collect vouchers for school or 'free' cutlery, don't have or want a points-card and don't want a conversation about Eastenders or anything else on tv.
Is it too much to ask?

Durachdan,

Eddy
dimairt
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby The Creeping Spleen » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:41 pm

dimairt wrote:What I'd like to see at supermarkets are tills set aside for men who, like me, want to pay with cash and have it to hand, don't collect vouchers for school or 'free' cutlery, don't have or want a points-card and don't want a conversation about Eastenders or anything else on tv.
Is it too much to ask?

Durachdan,

Eddy

Go into Tesco any time after ten at night. There's more staff than punters. :)
The Creeping Spleen
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby The Creeping Spleen » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:18 pm

New rant.

I applied for a job collating postal votes for the upcoming general election a couple of days ago.

Got an email back from them and this is the shite I've got to go through - print off a copy of the application form that was attached to the email, fill it in by hand, sign and date it, and then either scan it into my computer and email it back to them or physically post the copy to them.

Problem is I don't have a printer. Can't go down to the local library and use theirs because they're closed for the Easter holidays.

So basically I can't do anything until after the weekend, by which time the application deadline will have closed.

Serious question guys, what's the fucking point? :x
The Creeping Spleen
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:03 am

One begins to understand why only 15,000 volunteers made the cut for the Commonwealth games out of 50,811 applications. One wonder how many couldn't couldn't complete an application form.
"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Lucky Poet » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:23 am

Dexter St. Clair wrote:One begins to understand why only 15,000 volunteers made the cut for the Commonwealth games out of 50,811 applications. One wonder how many couldn't couldn't complete an application form.

One wonders where you're coming from with such a mean-spirited comment. One also wonders why we didn't bite the bullet and ban you years ago.
All the world seems in tune on a Spring afternoon, when we're poisoning pigeons in the park.
Lucky Poet
-
-

Postby Delmont St Xavier » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:09 am

The Creeping Spleen wrote:New rant.

I applied for a job collating postal votes for the upcoming general election a couple of days ago.

Got an email back from them and this is the shite I've got to go through - print off a copy of the application form that was attached to the email, fill it in by hand, sign and date it, and then either scan it into my computer and email it back to them or physically post the copy to them.

Problem is I don't have a printer. Can't go down to the local library and use theirs because they're closed for the Easter holidays.

So basically I can't do anything until after the weekend, by which time the application deadline will have closed.

Serious question guys, what's the fucking point? :x

Come to my house (PM me) and I will print it off for you... As long as you can make your way to Glasgow and we'll find a way to scan it too...
"Listen, it's too big a world to be in competition with everyone. The only person who I have to be better than is myself. And in your case, that's enough."
Delmont St Xavier
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby The Creeping Spleen » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:24 am

Delmont St Xavier wrote:Come to my house (PM me) and I will print it off for you... As long as you can make your way to Glasgow and we'll find a way to scan it too...

Thank you most kindly for the offer of help, but I'm just gonna chalk this one up to experience. And once I've a bit of free cash to spare, see about getting myself a printer.
The Creeping Spleen
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby pingu » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:42 am

question from the kid that i had no answer for....one for the railway heads

when trains are pulling into a station they slow down a couple of hundreds yards(or so) before the station to stop but when they pull into the end of the line they seem to slow down much much sooner then creep into the station.
surely they have got to stop on their mark regardless of the station so is that just an extra safety measure?

i hadnt noticed this but after he asked i noticed it on every train i was on at the end of the line.
toot toot
pingu
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby The Creeping Spleen » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:51 am

Presumably it's a safety thing.

Whenever I get the train up the Glasgow, the train slows right down just as it reaches Glasgow Central, and there's big "5MPH All Lines" signs on the overhead gantries.
The Creeping Spleen
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby sandabound » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:24 pm

Trains stop at the sign for, 3 car set 6 car set or 9 car set (I think 2 car ones will stop at a 3) the buffer ends are different though there been a few incidents so they're told in training to be extra careful. unless this has all changed in the last few years.
sandabound
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Random Distractions