Govanhill.

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Govanhill.

Postby Deano » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:01 pm

Hi All

I was born in Govanhill (Preston Street) & lived there between 1965-1975, was a great place to grow up in (well it was in those days ::): ), I remember (vaguely) the old shed, the swings & the slides, but i remember an old white house that was never ever opened, cant remember what it was or what it had been, used to scare the shit out of me when I was a wean :oops:
Deano
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Re: Govanhill.

Postby Deano » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:46 pm

Forgot to add, the White house / shed was at the main entrance of the park, right in the centre of Govanhill!!!!
Deano
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Guacho » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:10 pm

Guacho
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:41 am

There may be Privacy settings on Facebook images so whilst you have the good sense not to be "Friends" with HGrs it might be a good idea to source the image from elsewhere on the internet.
"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Guacho » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:04 pm

Dexter St. Clair wrote:

There may be Privacy settings on Facebook images so whilst you have the good sense not to be "Friends" with HGrs it might be a good idea to source the image from elsewhere on the internet.

Very kind of you to point this out- I hadn't thought about the privacy settings. However, it's from an open group, so should be visible.
Guacho
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby mercury » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:19 pm

Guacho wrote:
Dexter St. Clair wrote:

Very kind of you to point this out- I hadn't thought about the privacy settings. However, it's from an open group, so should be visible.

8O Nope still can't see it.
mercury
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby tomvox » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:39 pm

deano, the picture is of Govanhill Park (bounded by Govanhill St, Langside Rd, Coplaw St & Inglefield St). Assuming this is the correct Park I think you could be thinking of what we knew as the "Old Men's Club". This was a white building at the Inglefield St gate (opposite Preston St). In the early 60's there were Bowling Greens beside it but they were taken away about 1963-64.
tomvox
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Deano » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:06 am

tomvox wrote:deano, the picture is of Govanhill Park (bounded by Govanhill St, Langside Rd, Coplaw St & Inglefield St). Assuming this is the correct Park I think you could be thinking of what we knew as the "Old Men's Club". This was a white building at the Inglefield St gate (opposite Preston St). In the early 60's there were Bowling Greens beside it but they were taken away about 1963-64.

That's exactly the building - thanks for the info, great wee park to play in when I lived in Govanhill (1965-1975), it also had swings & a red ash football pitch IIRC

Cheers.
Deano
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)