IDS calls "War!" on the Great Unwashed.

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: IDS calls "War!" on the Great Unwashed.

Postby banjo » Mon May 12, 2014 12:31 pm

good lad.the silence really was deafening in that room.if they did not get the message after that speech then they really are not fit for purpose and should be removed from office at the first opportunity.i would love to see denis curran on question time someday to get it out to a wider audience.get esther mcvey on the bill with him and see how she deals with the reality of the situation.
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Doorstop » Mon May 12, 2014 12:41 pm

Oh, we know how that would pan out.

That Tory automaton would be preprogrammed with a litany of predefined sayings like "I believe", "we have faith", "strivers versus skivers", "hard working families" etc that she would simply regurgitate with no attempt at context whatsoever.

The woman is a vile harpie .. shit at her job as a weather girl, shit at her job as a tv presenter, worked then at her fathers demolition business ( a business currently facing multiple counts of HSE violations of placing their workers at risk of death for minimum wage).

Ideal qualifications for a brainless Tory mouthpiece, I'd have thought.
I like him ... He says "Okie Dokie!"
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby RDR » Mon May 12, 2014 1:40 pm

Doorstop wrote:This isn't a charge for missed appointments though, is it?

It's a charge for an appointment, full stop, and the end of one of the principle tenets of the NHS i.e. being free at the point of use.

I think the subtle difference is they feel if you charge for an appointment then folk are less likely to DNA.
As I said I don't agree, but the precedence is there to charge under the NHS.
He advocated for the weak against the strong, the poor against the rich and labour against capital.
RDR
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Doorstop » Mon May 12, 2014 2:16 pm

Taken from http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/1789.aspx?CategoryID=74

Seems like your dentist might be taking the piss.
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby RDR » Mon May 12, 2014 6:18 pm

Doorstop wrote:Image

Taken from http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/1789.aspx?CategoryID=74

Seems like your dentist might be taking the piss.

Unfortunately you've taken that from an English NHS site.
Scottish guidance below (my block)

A NHS dental examination in Scotland is free of charge for everyone.

Following a dental examination, the dentist will advise you on any treatment you require and the likely cost. They must also provide an itemised account, if requested.

NHS patients, who pay for their treatment, pay 80% of the treatment costs (including any x-rays), up to a maximum of £384. A dentist can ask for payment in advance.

A dentist can charge a patient if they fail to attend for an appointment without giving due notice.

Taken from http://www.psd.scot.nhs.uk/dentists/tre ... costs.html
He advocated for the weak against the strong, the poor against the rich and labour against capital.
RDR
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Doorstop » Mon May 12, 2014 7:17 pm

My bad .. i bow to your superior knowledge on the subject, Sir.

I'm kicking myself now, for not checking at the time. :D
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Fat Cat » Tue May 13, 2014 8:15 am

I suppose we could always get Gary Barlow to pay our doctors' bills. He's done nothing wrong, according to Cameron.

"Move along now, nothing to see here"
Fat Cat
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Doorstop » Sat May 24, 2014 1:30 pm

IDS in attempt to wriggle out from Universal Credit debachle by simply deleting the time worked on it thus far.

This man is a marvel. He can rewrite history, redact facts, retrospectively change laws and now the magician can contract time and delete bits he doesn't like?

Has anyone seen IDS and Harry Potter in the same room at the same time?

“NEWS FLASH!” IDS seen wearing Ruby Red Slippers,Franticly Clicking them together and chanting “There is no place like my Wife’s Fathers Rent Free Home”
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby RDR » Sat May 24, 2014 6:55 pm

Anybody else think that with the UKIP bandwagon the Tories are likely to lurch further to the right?
RDR
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Fat Cat » Sat May 24, 2014 7:26 pm

RDR wrote:Anybody else think that with the UKIP bandwagon the Tories are likely to lurch further to the right?

Any further right and they'll turn left. UKIP and the tories will team up for the election.

Farage tells it like it is, apparently. He does seem to be a BBC darling at the moment. :evil: do they actually have any policies, apart from closing every single border?
Fat Cat
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Doorstop » Sat May 24, 2014 7:37 pm

A party whose policies include such gems as:

Remove maternity rights from women, remove the right to sick pay for workers, remove the right to an industrial tribunal for workers unreasonably dismissed, remove benefits for the disabled, remove benefits full stop actually, remove the working time directive which means your employer can force you to work whatever hours he/she wants and you have no redress, remove safety considerations in dangerous working conditions, remove rights to paid holidays, remove rights to enhanced payment for working overtime, gives employers the right to 'no fault dismissal' meaning you can be sacked merely for having a face that doesn't fit, thinks it's fine to think that having a family of Romanians living next door is something you should be able to prevent by law etc etc etc

All taken from their 2010 manifesto {apart from the last one, that was taken from his latest car crash interview on LBC} - a manifesto Farage now wants to distance himself from, but is completely silent on what will replace it.

God knows what people think they are voting for in crossing the box next to UKIP, but one thing's for damn sure .. it's not a better future for the majority of us.
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby RapidAssistant » Mon May 26, 2014 11:56 am

Fat Cat wrote:
RDR wrote:Anybody else think that with the UKIP bandwagon the Tories are likely to lurch further to the right?

Any further right and they'll turn left. UKIP and the tories will team up for the election.

Farage tells it like it is, apparently. He does seem to be a BBC darling at the moment. :evil: do they actually have any policies, apart from closing every single border?

The Tories are caught between a rock and a hard place. Move right to get the UKIP voters back and they'll lose votes in the centre ground, move left and the UKIP problem gets worse. Yet in my heart of hearts I doubt that this is anything more than a protest vote, which has been exacerbated by a low turnout. Tory defectors that voted UKIP know that if they do the same in a general election, they will hand it to Labour on a plate.
RapidAssistant
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Doorstop » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:01 pm

The return of the Workhouse?

This is not an example of hyperbole, btw. It actually is the very definition of a Victorian workhouse.

http://voxpoliticalonline.com/2014/11/28/the-first-of-the-new-workhouses/
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby banjo » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:15 pm

can of wriggly things could be opening with that one bigstuff.it could also put a stop to a few suspicious fires around Glasgow if such an alternative use was found for some of the empty warehouses.for training purposes of course.
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Doorstop » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:38 pm

Indeed, Banj, indeed.
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Random Distractions