IDS calls "War!" on the Great Unwashed.

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: IDS calls "War!" on the Great Unwashed.

Postby Boxer6 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:32 pm

Fat Cat wrote:
Boxer6 wrote:
Fat Cat wrote:
Doorstop wrote:One wonders why an old Labour minister may wish to advocate such a travesty?

One wouldn't have to look far.

"113. Lord Warner: Labour - Former adviser to Apax Partners, one of the leading global investors in the healthcare sector. Current director of Sage Advice Ltd. Works as an adviser to Xansa, a technology firm, and Byotrol, an antimicrobial company, which both sell services or products to the NHS” and was “paid by DLA Piper, which advised ministers on the £12 billion IT project for the NHS” projects that he was responsible for when he was a government minister. Lord Warner explains his role here."

http://socialinvestigations.blogspot.co ... anies.html

Another snout in the trough.

I was going to call him a daft prick but looks like he's a pocket lining, nasty, blairtite prick.

BTW, NHS IT is in the dark ages. IT purchasers should be jailed.

Can't really argue with that. Hardware-wise, we recently got nice, new, shiny HP PC's installed - running Windoze7. Go to try and access my gmail account, and it tells me I'm running an outdated browser and please update!! I wish I could, but we don't even have the option to change any settings on the screen saver!! 8O :evil:

Yup. And woebetide anyone that tries to do some internet banking. I have to access accounts in my job and it [IT] is utterly useless.

I can get in to my RBS account (if I wanted to …. but "they" can monitor any interwebbery you do) but very seldom do so. Oddly, we can now get on to Facebook (apparently - haven't tried yet) and always could get on to ebay ….. but not Paypal!! It's all very odd.
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
Boxer6
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby HelenD » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:46 pm

From January:

Patients' records found at bus stop

This is just one of more than 800 incidents of data loss by Scottish health boards in the last five years, new figures have revealed.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/pati ... n.23063478

These are just the ones that have been reported. I would advise anyone who has dealings with the Western Infirmary to check their records. Their system went corrupt during an upgrade last year so I am given to understand. I stopped dealing with them and went elsewhere.

Don't forget the appointment management system that failed not so long ago.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-g ... t-24871333
They boil them for 20 of their Earth minutes
HelenD
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby edward carolan » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:40 pm

What with the fat cow making a 1.2 million £ profit on a non allowable expense( the taxpayer paying for her parents home) and paying back 5K when she should have paid back 44K. We have IDS real function
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/04 ... _hp_ref=uk
Can we put the politicians on the roof of the Red Road flats for the blow down. That I would pay to see.
edward carolan
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Fat Cat » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:00 pm

now yer talking!
Fat Cat
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby HelenD » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:45 pm

edward carolan wrote:Can we put the politicians on the roof of the Red Road flats for the blow down. That I would pay to see.

Nice idea, but we're tallking Looney Tunes here. They'll stay there in mid air while the flats collapse underneath them. Dastardly and Mutley will happen along and give them a ride to a nearby airport.
They boil them for 20 of their Earth minutes
HelenD
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby RDR » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:35 pm

HelenD wrote:
edward carolan wrote:Can we put the politicians on the roof of the Red Road flats for the blow down. That I would pay to see.

Nice idea, but we're tallking Looney Tunes here. They'll stay there in mid air while the flats collapse underneath them. Dastardly and Mutley will happen along and give them a ride to a nearby airport.

Besides which, some of them will then claim expenses for the roof being their second home for government business....
He advocated for the weak against the strong, the poor against the rich and labour against capital.
RDR
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Celyn » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:19 pm

and they would claim travel expenses for a private helicopter to take them up to the roof. :evil:
Celyn
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby sandabound » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:44 pm

Ok Jack, that's plenty :D
sandabound
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Celyn » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:00 pm

AND they would claim for secretarial expenses and cleaning expenses while they were up there. AND for dinner with decent wines. And for spare underpants and television licences and probably somehow manage to claim for heating for their stables.

Oh, and probably hairstyle expenses as it might be a bit breezy up there. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Celyn
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Botanic Squirrel » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:22 am

Anyone see that 'Panorama' special last night, 'Please don't cap my benefits!'

Heartbreaking and cruel.

One thing puzzles me: if Brent Council find alternative accommodation for people forced out of the borough by the cap, why are those people still the responsibility of Brent Council if they are living in Birmingham? Surely they'd be the responsibility of whatever Birmingham council runs the borough they are now living in?
Botanic Squirrel
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby RapidAssistant » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:08 am

bAzTNM wrote:Still gives me nightmares thinking about the time I went to Cadogan Street with my mum. Mum walks with stick. Cheeky sour faced woman at the front tells her you're not allowed up the stairs carrying a walking stick (?). Grab a ticket off the big bouncers at the door who give you a good growl. Receptionists all have faces like slapped arses too. Sat down and various plain clothes people check you out, waiting to catch you. Fecking nasty atmosphere in that waiting room.

Get in there and some very odd, twitchy doctor gets us. Luckily we passed, didn't think we would because he just so damned odd. Walked in and he said his name, which he then wrote in massive letters on a A4 bit of paper. Don't think he was all there.

I had some personal experience of it a year or two back when I went to the local benefits office to basically tell them my mum had died and where did this leave my dad cos he didn't have a clue. But the usual - two big burly G4S bouncers at the door to intimidate, and the usual assortment of surly receptionists (aka remember the one in the sitcom "Bread", and you get the picture)...anyway so much for 'innocent until proven guilty'...!
RapidAssistant
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Fat Cat » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:59 am

RapidAssistant wrote:
bAzTNM wrote:Still gives me nightmares thinking about the time I went to Cadogan Street with my mum. Mum walks with stick. Cheeky sour faced woman at the front tells her you're not allowed up the stairs carrying a walking stick (?). Grab a ticket off the big bouncers at the door who give you a good growl. Receptionists all have faces like slapped arses too. Sat down and various plain clothes people check you out, waiting to catch you. Fecking nasty atmosphere in that waiting room.

Get in there and some very odd, twitchy doctor gets us. Luckily we passed, didn't think we would because he just so damned odd. Walked in and he said his name, which he then wrote in massive letters on a A4 bit of paper. Don't think he was all there.

I had some personal experience of it a year or two back when I went to the local benefits office to basically tell them my mum had died and where did this leave my dad cos he didn't have a clue. But the usual - two big burly G4S bouncers at the door to intimidate, and the usual assortment of surly receptionists (aka remember the one in the sitcom "Bread", and you get the picture)...anyway so much for 'innocent until proven guilty'...!

Not sticking up for any of these tools but the receptionist is probably on minimum wage having taken a load of crap from people every single day. As an NHS worker, the abuse we get is now at epidemic scale.

Blame the employer, not the employee.
Fat Cat
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Boxer6 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:09 pm

Fat Cat wrote:
RapidAssistant wrote:

Not sticking up for any of these tools but the receptionist is probably on minimum wage having taken a load of crap from people every single day. As an NHS worker, the abuse we get is now at epidemic scale.

+1 to the first bit, and 1000% correct on the second.
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
Boxer6
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby RapidAssistant » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:16 pm

Boxer6 wrote:
Fat Cat wrote:
RapidAssistant wrote:

+1 to the first bit, and 1000% correct on the second.

I agree with both points - it's disgusting. Fair cop - I can understand why people lash out at the 'baroo' ....some of it is self-inflicted of course, by this I'm referring to those who live by the sword as they play the system - BUT - when it comes to the NHS, and workers who are helping the sick, and in need, there are those that feel the need to treat them like dirt. It just doesn't compute.
RapidAssistant
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby pingu » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:03 am

foodbanks?
what you moaning about....your only making the best of your "economic choices"
sanctioned from benefits?
thank you for making us try harder to find work.

The dramatic rise in food banks across Scotland is the result of hard-up Scots making the most of their “economic choices”, a UK government welfare chief has claimed.

Neil Couling, work services director at the Department for Work and Pensions, also told Holyrood’s welfare reform committee yesterday that Jobcentre staff received “thank you” notes from people facing benefit sanctions.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/t ... witterfeed
toot toot
pingu
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Random Distractions