One for the railway heads

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: One for the railway heads

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:36 pm

The Garret's had a lick of paint.

"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby BTJustice » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:58 am

From Cathcart station on Sunday night;
Works train by route9autos.co.uk, on Flickr
My all new film location website is here;
www.rewoundandfound.com

Check oot ma flickr page;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/route9autos/

For handmade jewellery, go to:
http://www.weegemjo.co.uk
BTJustice
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby tobester » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:01 pm

The Egg Man wrote:Either Charing Cross or Partick.

Thanks.

Here you go....

Via Glasgow Central LL - 10mile is Newton/Uddingston
Westbound - Dumbarton Central
Via Queen St High Level - Bishopbriggs/Stepps
Via Queen St Low Level - Easterhouse
Via Central High Level - Hillington W/E
tobester
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby The Egg Man » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:34 pm

Thanks again.
I hear the people sing.
The Egg Man
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby cell » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:24 pm

tobester wrote:
The Egg Man wrote:
Dexter St. Clair wrote: ............

Strathclyde All concessionary rail journeys have to start and end at a station inside the Strathclyde scheme’s boundaries.

For journeys of 10 miles or less within the Strathclyde area, the basic concessionary fare is 90p single and £1.30 return.

Half the standard fare is charged for journeys over 10 miles.

Thanks but it's stuff like this which (I suspect) is designed to deliberately complicate/ confuse matters.

Is it better, for example, to go for a 'half the standard fare is charged for journeys over 10 miles' or buy an off peak return (or two singles) without any sort of auld bastard discount?

Concessions vary from council to council....unless u live in edinburgh, they axed it a few years ago

You find people know the 10mile limit from their station and buy split tickets, SPT hate that and tell us not to do it as they lose money....who gives a shit, if im asked for a split ticket ill sell one

That’s brilliant and something I didn’t know, just so I’ve got this right, if I want the cheapest return to Helensburgh and I lived in Partick I would take my auld ba*tard (love it) card and ask for a return to Dunbarton central and separate return from Dumbarton Central to Helensburgh and they would sell me both at Partick?
cell
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby tobester » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:39 pm

cell wrote:
tobester wrote:
The Egg Man wrote:
Dexter St. Clair wrote: ............

Strathclyde All concessionary rail journeys have to start and end at a station inside the Strathclyde scheme’s boundaries.

For journeys of 10 miles or less within the Strathclyde area, the basic concessionary fare is 90p single and £1.30 return.

Half the standard fare is charged for journeys over 10 miles.

Thanks but it's stuff like this which (I suspect) is designed to deliberately complicate/ confuse matters.

Is it better, for example, to go for a 'half the standard fare is charged for journeys over 10 miles' or buy an off peak return (or two singles) without any sort of auld bastard discount?

Concessions vary from council to council....unless u live in edinburgh, they axed it a few years ago

You find people know the 10mile limit from their station and buy split tickets, SPT hate that and tell us not to do it as they lose money....who gives a shit, if im asked for a split ticket ill sell one

That’s brilliant and something I didn’t know, just so I’ve got this right, if I want the cheapest return to Helensburgh and I lived in Partick I would take my auld ba*tard (love it) card and ask for a return to Dunbarton central and separate return from Dumbarton Central to Helensburgh and they would sell me both at Partick?

They should do but remember some are anally retented cnuts who may not, if not buy to dumbarton, then ask on train for the other one
tobester
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby cell » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:22 pm

Cheers, good advice
cell
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby The Egg Man » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:38 pm

Just a wee smiley story about railwaymen.

I was on a train which had come up from the coast on Saturday evening. It had been a really warm day and the train was full of weary parents and crabby weans.

One wean, about 4, was grizzling and girning and eventually pestered the ticket examiner about his machine.

The examiner showed him how it worked and ended up by issuing the wee boy a 'ticket'.

After that the child was as good as gold. He sat staring at his ticket and every time the examiner passed he checked the boy's ticket. Before long he was fast asleep across his dad's knee.

Job well done that man.
I hear the people sing.
The Egg Man
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Bingo Bango » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:23 pm

\o/
Bingo Bango
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby tobester » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:05 pm

The Egg Man wrote:Just a wee smiley story about railwaymen.

I was on a train which had come up from the coast on Saturday evening. It had been a really warm day and the train was full of weary parents and crabby weans.

One wean, about 4, was grizzling and girning and eventually pestered the ticket examiner about his machine.

The examiner showed him how it worked and ended up by issuing the wee boy a 'ticket'.

After that the child was as good as gold. He sat staring at his ticket and every time the examiner passed he checked the boy's ticket. Before long he was fast asleep across his dad's knee.

Job well done that man.

I love the famous 'wee' ticket, usually u see the kids staring at the machine as it prints out, i hand the tickets to the parents and ask the kid 'do u want a ticket too'....usually either a receipt or a timetable enquiry.

Some say thank you, some dont, maybe shy, but i find the face says it all
tobester
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby tobester » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:19 pm

Extra trains for the festival start this weekend.

All week from Edinburgh to Queen St 2/8-25/8 at 0001 and 0030 calling linlithgow, polmont, falkirk high, croy, lenzie, and bishopbriggs.

Fri 2/9/16/23 August..... 2359 Edinburgh to Glenrothes calling south gyle, dalmeny, n. queensferry, inverkeithing, rosyth, dunf town, dunf QM, cowdenbeath, lochgelly, cardenden and glenrothes

Fridays and Saturdays in August.....2336 Newcraighall to Haymarket is extended to Dundee calling south gyle, dalmeny, n. queensferry, inverkeithing, dalgetty bay, aberdour, burntisland, kinghorn, kirkcaldy, markinch, ladybank, cupar, leuchars and dundee

Extra service Fri and Sat in August.....2356 Edinburgh to N. Berwick calling musselburgh, wallyford, prestonpans, longniddry, drem and n. berwick....also an extra bus leaving drem 0025 to dunbar

Extra service Fri and Sat in August.....0006 Edinburgh to Garscadden calling edinburgh park, uphall, livingston north, bathgate, armadale, blackridge, caldercruix then all stops to garscadden EXCLUDING high st, charing cross, and partick

Sundays in August the 0825/0925/1025 Helensburgh to Airdire services are all EXTENDED to Edinburgh

Sundays in August the 0968/1058/1158 Airdrie to Helensburgh services will all START at Edinburgh

Sundays in August extra services from Stirling to Edinburgh (via Falkirk Grahamston) calling all stops will depart at 1046/1147/1246/1346/1446/1546 and 1646

Sundays in August extra services from Edinburgh to Stirling (via Falkirk Grahamston) calling all stops will depart at 1106/1206/1306/1406/1506/1706/1806

Mon 5th August - Sat 10th August 2359 North Berwick to Edinburgh calling drem, longniddry, prestonpans, wallyford, musselburgh and edinburgh
tobester
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby bobzee » Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:10 am

A bit of rail grinding action on the Cathcart Circle this morning:

bobzee
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby tobester » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:28 pm

Electric trains are fcuked just now on all lines.....severe delays/cancellations/alterations....signal problems at Yoker

Train tickets are valid on FG buses

Too many alterations to list so heres a link - http://www.journeycheck.com/firstscotrail
tobester
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby sandabound » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:33 pm

tobester wrote:Electric trains are fcuked just now on all lines.....severe delays/cancellations/alterations....signal problems at Yoker

Train tickets are valid on FG buses

Too many alterations to list so heres a link - http://www.journeycheck.com/firstscotrail

Is the OHL down too or are there no train movements due to signal probs
sandabound
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Mori » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:10 pm

Get yer Skates oan folks ! 8)

Mori
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)