Is your Broadband shite?

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Is your Broadband shite?

Postby MacotheIsles » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:39 pm

Got a phone call from BT who are my ISP.

BT - mumble, mumble, etc. Interested in signing up for BT Vision?

Me: No - my broadband is too slow.

BT: no - it only needs 2Mbit. Shall I check it for you?

Me: (Thinking they'll tell me any old rubbish just to sign me up). No - don't bother....

BT: (Sound of breath being sucked through teeth; much as a tradesman might do as he evaluates just how difficult/expensive your job's going to be). B******r Me! 1.4!. Oh well - they'll be rolling out fibre optic some day. Click.
MacotheIsles
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 1151
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:24 pm

Re: Is your Broadband shite?

Postby Doorstop » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:43 pm

And that is BT down to a tee.

I've asked them four times now to stop calling me to tell me how much better off I'd be if I came back to them for my Internet service and call package.

But no, they keep calling and leaving blank messages on my answering machine until I dial the number back only to be told this is an outgoing calls only number from BT and they'll phone me back later.

I DON'T FUCKING WANT YOU TO CALL BACK LATER!!! .. you arseholes .. not unless you can give me a TV package that's useful, 8meg broadband that actually works and free calls all the time not just when you say so and all for less than £26 a bastarding month.

Cunts.
I like him ... He says "Okie Dokie!"
User avatar
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 6017
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 9:07 am
Location: Guarding the Key to the Pie cupboard.

Re: Is your Broadband shite?

Postby Dave » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:54 pm

Doorstop wrote:And that is BT down to a tee.

I've asked them four times now to stop calling me to tell me how much better off I'd be if I came back to them for my Internet service and call package.

But no, they keep calling and leaving blank messages on my answering machine until I dial the number back only to be told this is an outgoing calls only number from BT and they'll phone me back later.

I DON'T FUCKING WANT YOU TO CALL BACK LATER!!! .. you arseholes .. not unless you can give me a TV package that's useful, 8meg broadband that actually works and free calls all the time not just when you say so and all for less than £26 a bastarding month.

Cunts.


See you guys need to get wise. I have a private BT line fully TPS'd to the max. I also have 8Mbps Business Broadband on that Private line so no phone calls but the full business service 8)
A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.
www.davehouston.co.uk
Dave
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 2779
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:24 am
Location: Uzbekistan

Re: Is your Broadband shite?

Postby MacotheIsles » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:21 pm

Dave wrote:
See you guys need to get wise. I have a private BT line fully TPS'd to the max. I also have 8Mbps Business Broadband on that Private line so no phone calls but the full business service 8)


Ah Mr D.

It's all greek to me. I am steered not by wisdom, but by insatiable cravings! I want TBits and I want them NOW! And I want them to be FREE. And everything to be plug & play and easy and user friendly and available all the time. I want an internet that rubs scented oils into my torso as I surf the aether on my silken sedan chair; carried aloft by four dusky maidens. Not too much to ask.
MacotheIsles
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 1151
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:24 pm

Re: Is your Broadband shite?

Postby John » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:29 pm

I could arrange all of that for you mac....... for a price.
'It's a sad day for capitalism when a man can't fly a midget on a kite over Central Park'
John
-
-
 
Posts: 5165
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:15 pm

Re: Is your Broadband shite?

Postby MacotheIsles » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:43 pm

John wrote:I could arrange all of that for you mac....... for a price.


John! Money is no object as long as we can keep it to under a tenner or thereabouts; just to stay within the spirit of the thing.

One day; comrades; the State will supply us with all our iDesires; mark my words. iPower to the people!
MacotheIsles
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 1151
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:24 pm

Re: Is your Broadband shite?

Postby Glesga_Steve » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:50 pm

Sky, 0.4 Mbps

Zero point four Mbps

I know it's sort of peak time but come on! My connection is generally slow most of the time but I would never have guessed it's as bad as that.
User avatar
Glesga_Steve
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 674
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:46 am

Re: Is your Broadband shite?

Postby papa lazarou » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:35 pm

Just checked again on this site http://www.top10-broadband.co.uk/speedtest/.

ISP is Talk Talk, and I use iBook G4 PPC 10.4.11 with a wireless connection.

Down 6.83 Mbps Talk Talk average 3.54 Mbps!
Up 0.77 Mbps Talk Talk average 0.47 Mbps!

Apparently my local exchange is Bridgeton and I have a line which can support up to 6Mb!!???
User avatar
papa lazarou
First Stripe
First Stripe
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:20 pm
Location: Dennistoun

Re: Is your Broadband shite?

Postby tobester » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:41 pm

On 2meg with virgin for now, got 1.4meg so not bad
User avatar
tobester
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 3101
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 5:24 pm
Location: Parbold

Re: Is your Broadband shite?

Postby Glesga_Steve » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:54 pm

Do I win the slowest broadband connection award???

Image

Is there an online quick and easy way to find out which phone exchange you are served by? I want to know how many light years away mine is.
User avatar
Glesga_Steve
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 674
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:46 am

Re: Is your Broadband shite?

Postby Dave » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:57 pm

MacotheIsles wrote:One day; comrades; the State will supply us with all our iDesires; mark my words. iPower to the people!


Yes well IF you are a business owner who was provided with a wireless hub you will be aware that BT has now changed this from a regular BT Business Hub to a free for all WiFi Hub, so yes the state (or at least commerce) will fulfill your iDesires
A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.
www.davehouston.co.uk
Dave
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 2779
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:24 am
Location: Uzbekistan

Re: Is your Broadband shite?

Postby Doorstop » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:59 pm

But will it peel his grapes and then wank him off?
I like him ... He says "Okie Dokie!"
User avatar
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 6017
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 9:07 am
Location: Guarding the Key to the Pie cupboard.

Re: Is your Broadband shite?

Postby Dave » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:03 pm

Glesga_Steve wrote:Do I win the slowest broadband connection award???

Image

Is there an online quick and easy way to find out which phone exchange you are served by? I want to know how many light years away mine is.


You should have just replied - "YES!!"

Get on the phone to BT and get it sorted and don't take any pish for an answer. If BT won't blab get on to cable and see what they offer
A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.
www.davehouston.co.uk
Dave
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 2779
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:24 am
Location: Uzbekistan

Re: Is your Broadband shite?

Postby Dave » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:04 pm

Doorstop wrote:But will it peel his grapes and then wank him off?


No he needs to do that himself, with assistance from the internet he subscribed to ;)
A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.
www.davehouston.co.uk
Dave
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 2779
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:24 am
Location: Uzbekistan

Re: Is your Broadband shite?

Postby Doorstop » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:15 pm

Ah .. there's always pesky hidden downfalls to these bells and whistles deals isn't there? :D
I like him ... He says "Okie Dokie!"
User avatar
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 6017
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 9:07 am
Location: Guarding the Key to the Pie cupboard.

PreviousNext

Return to Random Distractions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron