Killer Clowns!!!

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby Fossil » Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:07 pm

james wrote::) ..... there was also that movie going about around that time , about two guys who dressed up as clowns and robbed tourist buses on lonely highland roads.

Restless Natives....
And I think this maybe the link/myth James....
Bum tit tit bum tit tit play yer hairy banjo
Fossil
-
-

Postby james » Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:26 pm

Another case cracked Holmes , shall we retire to the study and partake of sustenance , i find myself of late... intriqued ..worried if you like , about certain aspects of our American cousins history.

General George Armstrong Custer being foremost in my thoughts , he was never a general at all , history shows us he was never a general , he just told everybody he was , i'm drawn to the armstrong connection , and i see .... a wido on a hill surrounded by hostile indians saying

" come ahead ya bunch o fn mad rockets , i'll hiv you's "

A sad loss on the day , but if i'm allowed a project i'd like to share my thoughts and collections on our heroes who founded these new wonderful countrys ...ahem..
james
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Clowns

Postby tip2tail » Fri Apr 23, 2004 11:23 pm

Hey,

I am 19 now and I do remember these very same stories at my Primary School in Hamilton.
tip2tail
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby nuttytigger » Sat Apr 24, 2004 11:41 am

me and tip2tail were talking about that just the other day,

my primary school said they had a blue transit van that came and picked you up, and done the usual, gave you a permanant smile , :)

they never bothered me although my school did have a large gardne of fir trees that was very dark even in summer, so they could've been in there!!

btw, i'm 19 as well!!

nuttytigger :)
nuttytigger
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Reverend Scapegoat » Sat Apr 24, 2004 12:54 pm

:)
They never bothered you because they didn't exist. :p
Reverend Scapegoat
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby tomt » Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:55 pm

24 here, remember all that Killer Clown madness when i just started high school at Bishopbriggs High... daft school rumour that spread like wildfire and vanished just as quickly!

Like most posts, was scary at the time but to look back on it makes you just laugh...

Tom
tomt
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby JayKay » Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:20 pm

yeah, I was at school in the Briggs and I heard the story too.
JayKay
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Apollo » Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:34 pm

So THAT'S how Ronald McDonald Image convinces all those kids they LOVE burgers and fries and cheap plastic toys and.......

Does that mean those gloves he wears are actually kevlar to protect him from the chib?

McDonalds Image
Apollo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby glasgowgub » Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:59 pm

YIPES! they DO exist , they even have their own feckin website!
click if you dare :wink: :twisted:
http://www.midnightsociety.com/web/Lege ... clown.html
glasgowgub
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby thecatsmother » Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:18 pm

My mate and I had a holiday flat in Ullapool a couple of years ago, and it was so full of soft toys, and little china mice, and so forth, that at first we didn't notice the clowns (knitted clowns, at that!) staring malevolently from the top of the wardrobe! I nearly shat myself when I woke up in the middle of the night and the moonlight was beaming straight onto them.
thecatsmother
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Gazzathecoigne » Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:49 am

Remember the legend well around 1st/2nd year (1990/91ish). My freinds wee brother alledgedly was abducted by them but got away (she was a bit of an atention seeker though). The story goes, that there where two or three of them driving around in an old royal blue transit van, with black bin bags covering the licence plates. Their favourite haunt was Kelvingrove park and the surrounding areas. If you where caught they'd put you in the back of the van and slit both corners of your mouth before kicking you in the privates, so's you would scream and the cuts would open right up to your ears giving you a "Chelsea smile".

Terrified me..... :oops:
If no body's perfect, why practise?
Gazzathecoigne
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby nuttytigger » Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:37 pm

just give it a few more years and wee weans will be running home to mammy saying "the clowns are after me"!!
nuttytigger
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Gazzathecoigne » Sat Aug 14, 2004 6:37 am

nuttytigger wrote:just give it a few more years and wee weans will be running home to mammy saying "the clowns are after me"!!

I can imagine so....definatley!! ::):
If no body's perfect, why practise?
Gazzathecoigne
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby jedi » Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:36 am

I Remeber Getting Told This When i Went To School got Told That They All stayed in an old church on Dumbarton Road Next to McNabbs Pub in Scotstoun ( the chuch is knocked down now it is Trendy Flats Now ) was so scared for ages i never went down that way at night time got told they just drove around there in a van and just grabbed you and threw you in the back of it........... :(
Quick Take A Picture....

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/crazyjedione
jedi
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Timchilli » Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:08 am

Kinda similar to your version, Crazycullen. I remember being in p.5/p.6 primary school and being told that the killer clowns were holed up in the basement of one of the Kingsway flats (now home to countless 'fugees).

In a slighly more bizarre twist, though, I remember a conversation with my school friends in which it was believed that not only the clowns but Freddy Kreuger was in town. One of my pals' remarks still makes me laugh when I think about it: "Oh no, I really hope he doesn't rape my mum!"

Classic.

Tim.
Timchilli
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Hidden Glasgow Projects