Dalmarnock Station Refurbishment For 2014

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Dalmarnock Station Refurbishment For 2014

Postby jonno22 » Tue May 05, 2009 8:37 am

http://jonathanmcgurk.fotopic.net/c1551059.html - In this gallery you will find all of my photographs that I have taken / will be taking at Dalmarnock station in the East End of Glasgow between this present day and the year 2014. The station is badly needing and will be receving an overhaul and refurbishment. The station is going to be the main station for people to get to and from the new Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games Park which is going to be built beside the station. Both work on the new games park and refurbishment of Dalmarnock station will be starting within the next few years hopefully. I will be updating the gallery on a regular basis and I will let you know when it has been updated. You will see why the station is badly needing a refurbishment by looking at some of the photographs and you will also tell from the photographs what improvments have also to be made before the year 2014 comes!!!. The station is going to be extended as far as I am aware and is going to have lifts installed with many new station facilities. New houses are currently being built in the area and more will be built between now and 2014 which will boost the population in the area and hopefully the station population. Dalmarnock station is very rarely used even during the morning and evening rush hours which is why there is no Sunday service at the station. The new station entrance and exit, by 2014 when the station will have been extended, will be where the old East End Sawmills outlet used to be. This is one of the ways in order to hopefully boost the commuter population at the station because most of the houses at present are situated further down from the station and between the houses and the train station there are three bus stops. Dalmarnock is a good area for catching a bus to get into the Glasgow City but the local politicians want more people to travel by train. When the station will be extended to where the old East End Sawmills currently is (the outlet has moved elsewhere now) then Dalmarnock station will be situated between the bus stops so it will boost the chances for local to use the train to get from A to B and into the Glasgow City. Enjoy the images in the gallery.

Enjoy!!!

Best Regards

Jonathan McGurk
jonno22
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Re: Dalmarnock Station Refurbishment For 2014

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Tue May 05, 2009 1:21 pm

Hi Jonathon

Thank you for sharing some great resources with the zombies on here. They'll keep them out of their graves for a considerable number of evenings but guess who is in the lead for The Least Attractive Glasgow Train station topic which runs for six pages?

and for conspiracy theorists East End Saw mills suffered a fire recently. And now it's moving. mmmmm. Inm an area of redevelopment?
"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby papa lazarou » Tue May 05, 2009 1:33 pm

I know they're working on bridge removal in this area. Are they removing the bridge that runs over Dalmarnock Road and houses the arches where the east end sawmill used to be located?

and for conspiracy theorists East End Saw mills suffered a fire recently. And now it's moving.

It's already moved down next to Shawfield.
papa lazarou
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby gap74 » Tue May 12, 2009 12:45 am

Yes, the bridge was half gone when I drove round the detour the other day - the parapets were almost all removed, although the deck remained, and the stone arches on the approach had been demolished.

Curious thing about the East End Sawmill was that they rebuilt after the fire, not only in a rather rapid timeframe, but into a fairly interesting (if temporary) wooden structure that was praised architecturally:

http://www.architecturescotland.co.uk/b ... mills.html
gap74
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Return to Glasgow Development