Sharon!! (Wid ye NO)

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Sharon!! (Wid ye NO)

Postby Josef » Sun May 03, 2009 11:58 pm

Curiously, the only time I ever tried fortified wine was in Edinburgh, in the company of a bunch of folk from Greenock and Wolverhampton. El Dorado, to wit. Was alright, actually, but I've never had it since.
User avatar
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 8145
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:43 pm

Re: Sharon!! (Wid ye NO)

Postby Lucky Poet » Sun May 03, 2009 11:59 pm

Some say you should try everything once except incest and morris dancing. You can safely add Fuckfast to that list, imho.
All the world seems in tune on a Spring afternoon, when we're poisoning pigeons in the park.
User avatar
Lucky Poet
-
-
 
Posts: 4161
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:15 am
Location: Up a close

Re: Sharon!! (Wid ye NO)

Postby Shardonnay » Mon May 04, 2009 12:01 am

had a few offers from jakey's but none wanna share there buckie tsk tsk :D I have heard it is on optics in certain places. :D
Shardonnay
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 482
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:44 pm

Re: Sharon!! (Wid ye NO)

Postby Shardonnay » Mon May 04, 2009 12:04 am

Lucky Poet wrote:Some say you should try everything once except incest and morris dancing. You can safely add Fuckfast to that list, imho.


Aw Lp I am in hoots here. I can just see you morris dancing ::): ::): Will now put Fuckfast on the list o things best left no to do. I really must get to one of those H G drinks nights. :D
Shardonnay
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 482
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:44 pm

Re: Sharon!! (Wid ye NO)

Postby Josef » Mon May 04, 2009 12:19 am

Shardonnay wrote:Aw Lp I am in hoots here. I can just see you morris dancing ::): ::): Will now put Fuckfast on the list o things best left no to do. I really must get to one of those H G drinks nights. :D


We may have raised your expectation levels somewhat. Lower them now, please.
User avatar
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 8145
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:43 pm

Re: Sharon!! (Wid ye NO)

Postby Shardonnay » Mon May 04, 2009 12:22 am

duly lowered , still think the banter might be interesting, ponders on one's chances of being arrested ::):
Shardonnay
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 482
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:44 pm

Re: Sharon!! (Wid ye NO)

Postby Dave » Mon May 04, 2009 12:28 am

Shardonnay wrote:duly lowered , still think the banter might be interesting, ponders on one's chances of being arrested ::):


You only get arrested if you pose a general threat to public safety or more. If you get an ASB then you wake up in a pool of your own sick, pish and shit and realise you need to pay £40 for the pleasure (not including the money it cost you to make it happen). If you're unsafe you'll wake up with swollen wrists, likely you will have 'bumped yourself against something several times' and still have the sick n'all and you'll need to convince plod you're not going to the pub for hair o' the dog.
A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.
www.davehouston.co.uk
Dave
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 2779
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:24 am
Location: Uzbekistan

Re: Sharon!! (Wid ye NO)

Postby Josef » Mon May 04, 2009 12:31 am

dave3009 wrote:ou only get arrested if you pose a general threat to public safety or more. If you get an ASB then you wake up in a pool of your own sick, pish and shit and realise you need to pay £40 for the pleasure (not including the money it cost you to make it happen). If you're unsafe you'll wake up with swollen wrists, likely you will have 'bumped yourself against something several times' and still have the sick n'all and you'll need to convince plod you're not going to the pub for hair o' the dog.


Sound advice, people. Hope you're all paying attention. :D
User avatar
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 8145
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:43 pm

Re: Sharon!! (Wid ye NO)

Postby Shardonnay » Mon May 04, 2009 12:34 am

dave3009 wrote:
You only get arrested if you pose a general threat to public safety or more. If you get an ASB then you wake up in a pool of your own sick, pish and shit and realise you need to pay £40 for the pleasure (not including the money it cost you to make it happen). If you're unsafe you'll wake up with swollen wrists, likely you will have 'bumped yourself against something several times' and still have the sick n'all and you'll need to convince plod you're not going to the pub for hair o' the dog.



so it's a pretty run o the mill kinda night out. ::):
Shardonnay
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 482
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:44 pm

Re: Sharon!! (Wid ye NO)

Postby Dave » Mon May 04, 2009 12:37 am

Shardonnay wrote:so it's a pretty run o the mill kinda night out. ::):


Well at least if you make it home the blanket you get will cover your toes. Benefits of being with plod include a cooked breakfast with warm tea :), and an ensuite ;) But you'd do well avoiding and just going home if asked.
A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.
www.davehouston.co.uk
Dave
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 2779
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:24 am
Location: Uzbekistan

Re: Sharon!! (Wid ye NO)

Postby Lucky Poet » Mon May 04, 2009 12:39 am

Josef wrote:Sound advice, people. Hope you're all paying attention. :D

Oh, we are, we are. I'd add that it's wise to stay aware of your immediate surroundings; you never know what might be lurking behind you.
All the world seems in tune on a Spring afternoon, when we're poisoning pigeons in the park.
User avatar
Lucky Poet
-
-
 
Posts: 4161
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:15 am
Location: Up a close

Re: Sharon!! (Wid ye NO)

Postby Shardonnay » Mon May 04, 2009 12:39 am

Glasgow sounds so much classier than Embra. no ensuite in the cells here
Shardonnay
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 482
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:44 pm

Re: Sharon!! (Wid ye NO)

Postby penguinmonkey » Mon May 04, 2009 10:40 am

enailer wrote:Kuplah or something like that As Mr Worf would say.
Well anyhow we went tae the H.G night out and ah wis steamin. Fur f**k sake ah wis oot aw day ah thought the joab ah wis workin oan wid take aw day bit it only took 4hrs and ah ended up hauf cut at 4 bells
Right Keys Up Ah`ll pay the fine (Even though it wisnae me that got caught wae the gless) and the fascisto as he admired ma Skyline said "It wissnae you we charged Big Man it wis yer Cronnie" Ah dont hiv any "Cronnies Ah said well were gonnae charge you way ddrunk drivin and Ah said "whos sittin in the motir " and he said!Whit engine is in this " and ah Said "wan you couldnae afford " he said "Too right ya specky cunt We1ll let ye aff wae it this time bit dont push yer luck OK.
So it was a wee night oot and Aye ah WID
Happy holiday fur wit evers comin up
Pear Cider (LSD for me Please!!!! ) enailer (Doug)


Wow and I thought the Beer Badger bit me hard on Friday night. Certainlly spent most of Saturday excavating a new home inside my head anyway
It's always funny 'til someone gets hurt and then it's just hilarious
penguinmonkey
Second Stripe
Second Stripe
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:39 pm

Re: Sharon!! (Wid ye NO)

Postby papa lazarou » Mon May 04, 2009 9:15 pm

The wine should be served chilled. Additionally, you want to check the vintage, on the base of the bottle there is a number embossed in the glass. The lower the number the better the vintage. If you manage to get one below 25 you should have a good bottle. Anything around 10 and you'll have a magic time and be well advised to topping up perhaps with another bottle or some other refreshment. However, a high numbered bottle will get you fucked up in all the wrong ways and you'll probably puke as well!
User avatar
papa lazarou
First Stripe
First Stripe
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:20 pm
Location: Dennistoun

Re: Sharon!! (Wid ye NO)

Postby Josef » Mon May 04, 2009 9:24 pm

papa lazarou wrote:The wine should be served chilled. Additionally, you want to check the vintage, on the base of the bottle there is a number embossed in the glass. The lower the number the better the vintage. If you manage to get one below 25 you should have a good bottle. Anything around 10 and you'll have a magic time and be well advised to topping up perhaps with another bottle or some other refreshment. However, a high numbered bottle will get you fucked up in all the wrong ways and you'll probably puke as well!


We are still talking Buckie here, no?
User avatar
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 8145
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:43 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 6 guests