Pollok, Househill and Hurlet

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Pollok, Househill and Hurlet

Postby Alex Glass » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:12 pm

Carol-Anne

Craigbank Secondary wasn't demolished it was mothballed and renovated as part of the renewal of Glasgow's Secondary Schools. It was re-opened as St Paul's High School with the pupils from the former Bellarmine moving to the new school about 3-4 years ago.

Here are a couple of photos showing Roughmussel in the distance from Nitshill

Alex Glass
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby HollowHorn » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:51 pm

Couple of snaps of the last remaining parts of the school across the Brock burn from Silverburn Centre, someone said it was called St. Robert's? See Google link below photos.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?client=fi ... 9&t=h&z=17
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby scaryman2u » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:09 pm

Im struggling to see where you are directing your map HH, was it possibly Bellarmine School ?
scaryman2u
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby leverngirl » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:11 pm

where is/was Roughmussel ? I remember the name but can't remember the place at all......you said near the Hurlet, Carol-Anne, was it on the right hand side going from Nitshill to the Hurlet..ie on the same side of Nitshill Road as Levern School?
leverngirl
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby John.M » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:22 am

scaryman2u wrote:Im struggling to see where you are directing your map HH, was it possibly Bellarmine School ?

That google link takes you to St. Stanislaus/Stans den..
St Roberts is just along Muishiel crescent a bit and HH's pictures show the footy pitch and spare ground where the annex was prior to burning down in the mid 70's..

Correct google link to St Roberts is
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?client=fi ... 11287&z=17
John.M
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby Alex Glass » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:51 pm

leverngirl wrote:where is/was Roughmussel ? I remember the name but can't remember the place at all......you said near the Hurlet, Carol-Anne, was it on the right hand side going from Nitshill to the Hurlet..ie on the same side of Nitshill Road as Levern School?

Leverngirl the phots above show Roughmussel at the top of the picture. It was located on the right hand side of Barrhead Road on approaching the junction with Nitshill road at the Hurlet. Travelling up Nitshill Road to the hurlet you turn right onto Barrhead Road and on the left just past the Househill Depot is Roughmussel.
Alex Glass
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby pops » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:26 am

HIYAA PPL, ::):

JOOS FUN DISS WEE SYT, HID A WEE LOOK ABOOT, WOW ITZ GR8, NEED TAE COME BK ANUTHER DAY N STIY A WEE BIT LONGUR N MEET SUM NOO PAWLZ

CACH U L8R
pops
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby Doorstop » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:32 am

Dear oh dear.

Can I just say that, welcome as you are, you really should refrain from shouting (putting things in capitals is usually regarded as shouting on a forum) and nasty text speak is ideally left for sending texts (if you really must) and is frowned on a wee bit on places like this.

Ideally type up a wee introduction piece and post it here and tell us all about yourself. First impressions and all that.

It's a great place this, an absolute mine of information, full of great characters who will provide hours of endless entertainment .. but you have to stroke them properly in the first place or they get a bit stroppy.

So, 'What about ye?' .. tell us all and then sit back and join in. :D
I like him ... He says "Okie Dokie!"
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby curly sue » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:20 pm

Hi there Mr Doorstop,

I agree with you completely, if you are entering into a site for the first time it is a good idea to introduce yourself in the proper manner, if you wish to be taken seriously.

Oh sorry, please accept my apologises for butting in and not introducing myself properly, the names "Curly Sue", and I am so pleased to meet you, It was good of you to offer some great advice to someone who obviously is new to this :D
curly sue
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Doorstop » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:41 pm

Hi there CS,

I was only doing what other done for me when I found this place.

I think when a place only has a few rules then it's good manners to try to stick to them. :D

Hope you enjoy this place as much as I do.
I like him ... He says "Okie Dokie!"
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Bombardier » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:09 am

The new Google Earth with Streetview is now available, you can now roam around Nitshill, Priesthill, Househill et al to your hearts' delight - check it out!
Bombardier
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby curly sue » Sat May 16, 2009 1:53 pm

Hiya Everyone :D

Just thought I would brighten up your day with a little smile :) so what has been happening in and around our area?
curly sue
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby macdonald » Mon May 18, 2009 5:57 am

leverngirl wrote:where is/was Roughmussel ? I remember the name but can't remember the place at all......you said near the Hurlet, Carol-Anne, was it on the right hand side going from Nitshill to the Hurlet..ie on the same side of Nitshill Road as Levern School?

I had a mate who said he was from Roughmussel. We all thought he was taking the pish. Any street names of teh area?
macdonald
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Alex Glass » Mon May 18, 2009 7:26 pm

macdonald wrote:

I had a mate who said he was from Roughmussel. We all thought he was taking the pish. Any street names of teh area?

Faskin Road/Crescent/Place
Kinarvie Road/Terrace/Crescent
Alex Glass
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby hazy » Mon May 18, 2009 8:17 pm

I know its off the topic,but HELLO again Alex. :D :D
Thank you. And why not.
hazy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe