Tesco Pollok Silverburn

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby HollowHorn » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:15 pm

What are the bus links like from Paisley?
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby crazygray23 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:27 pm

have no idea i know the first 121 will be going and i think the 45 and theres gonna be a link from edinburgh also , btw was up there for a nosey today , i noticed the lesure centre has a bank of scotland there, has it shut down at all , also a rather nice bus terminus with fancy shelters, and oh a nice view of the old pollock centre precinct entrance , anyone know if this is gonna be staying will it be done up ? apart from that i was rather shocked at the sheer size of the centre and i thought braehead was bad when it opened im just hoping bovis didnt use the same contractors who fucked up at braehead and left it with a catalogue of faults and problems that resurfaced long after it opened
crazygray23
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Field Marshall Shug » Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:09 am

I once went to an interview at Intelligence & Security at Beveridge Square in Livingston - no pavements. The pedestrian was consigned to history. Will Tesco in Partick be a car only zone? If so, lets petrol bomb the critters.
Field Marshall Shug
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Location: Listening to Strawberry Switchblade on a burst sofa.

Postby crazygray23 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:37 am

umm aint there a thread about partick tesco :)

anyhow

livingston is hell imo , it seems impossible to get aroud the town completely by foot everytime ive worked there ive had to use taxis as there doesnt seem to be many buses around town either
crazygray23
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby crazygray23 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:42 pm

found this rather neat video on silverburn

http://www.fxsimulation.com/special-projects-division.htm

i apologise on not giving more info i afraid due to the job im doing and the place being a building site i havent had the privledge of being on the site yet

all i can really say is that silverburn owns the land at the other side of the m/way which is primed for a future retail park
crazygray23
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Silverburn

Postby Alex Glass » Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:01 pm

The land at the other side of the motorway did form part of the original planning application which included a retail park.

This part was withdrawn due to the level of objections from surrounding local authorities. It has now been submitted as a separate application I believe.
Alex Glass
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby crazygray23 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:24 am

yeah thats what im lead to believe if anything it wont be untill a year or more down the line its going to be built if accepted ,it all depends on the sucsess of silverburn imo
crazygray23
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Alex Glass » Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:18 pm

crazygray23 wrote:yeah thats what im lead to believe if anything it wont be untill a year or more down the line its going to be built if accepted ,it all depends on the sucsess of silverburn imo

Given the success to-date of TESCO at Silverburn I don't think there is any doubt about Silverburn. The Retail Park will only be delayed going through the planning process given that there will be the same objections from the surrounding local authorities.

There is also the development at Darnley Mains which recently got outline permission, from the sister organisation of Retail Property, Combined Property.

Thanks for the link you provided CG23 :wink: I am going to a Local Stakeholders meeting about the progress with Silverburn on Friday. The event is to provide an update to local community on the job opportunities that are available through Greater Pollok Working in partnership with the Silverburn shops. I expect they will be viewing the video as well.
Alex Glass
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby crazygray23 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:09 pm

no problem alex i actually found it searching photos of the development for a freind who stays down south but originally came from pollock. i for one am very exited about it the shops dont really bother me , my job is more orientated at preventing the local undesirables doing to the place what they previously had done to the old pollock centre. Im sure things will work out as they have the former pollock centre manager controling the new one as well as some of the pollock centre old guard working in it. The company im working with `maclellan international` has created an estimated 100 jobs in the centre with guest safety (security) , cleaning and maintenance , they effectively are managing the centre ,this is their first move into scotland and they will have a regional office situated at silverburn with moves being made into managing more centres in scotland .
crazygray23
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Alex Glass » Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:44 pm

crazygray23 wrote:no problem alex i actually found it searching photos of the development for a freind who stays down south but originally came from pollock. i for one am very exited about it the shops dont really bother me , my job is more orientated at preventing the local undesirables doing to the place what they previously had done to the old pollock centre. Im sure things will work out as they have the former pollock centre manager controling the new one as well as some of the pollock centre old guard working in it. The company im working with `maclellan international` has created an estimated 100 jobs in the centre with guest safety (security) , cleaning and maintenance , they effectively are managing the centre ,this is their first move into scotland and they will have a regional office situated at silverburn with moves being made into managing more centres in scotland .

Sounds great CG23

It is interesting to hear the number of jobs created by this one element of Silverburn.

By the way CG23 NO 'c' IN POLLOK :wink:
Alex Glass
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby JohnRobertson » Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:25 pm

Welcome to Tescoland, a joy to work for??? Ask the former employees of Tesco Warehouse Dundee. :x
JohnRobertson
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby crazygray23 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:48 pm

apologies for blurry photos , they were taken at 5:30 am when i was coming to the end of nightshift and the place was like a bloody fridge :)

btw the centre is set to open 27th october

crazygray23
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Alex Glass » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:14 pm

Looking good CG. :D

Taking shape and should be ready for 27th October :?:
Alex Glass
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Josef » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:24 pm

Noticed a bus today with the destination 'Silverburn'. First one I had seen.
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby mrlipring » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:03 pm

Some sort of Star Trek style teleporting system? :)
mrlipring
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Development