Tesco Pollok Silverburn

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby Smartalex » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:48 pm

Good Photo's Alex, I was trying to wrangle my wee cousin into getting me in for a look around but he is a lowly labourer and doesn't get to speak to the big bosses so I was hoping someone would be able to get a few pics of it mid construction.

Nice work. :wink:
Smartalex
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Alex Glass » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:38 pm

Lynnski

Alas Equip is no more. The organisation has merged with Govan Initiative and is now South West Regeneration Agency.

They are still providing the same service to unemployed people so it is as you say worth getting in contact with them.

Smartalex

Going back to your post in December.

The Gala Bingo has an lease but they are not the problem with propgress at that end of the centre. If everything goes to plan there should be a new entrance to the centre with the building that currently has the bingo and market being modernised and new units at the other side as part of the new building.

There may be a slight delay in completing this end but it is dependent on the developer being able to obtain all the existing leases. They have a plan 'B' but hopefully it won't be required.
Alex Glass
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Smartalex » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:10 pm

Thanks for the update Alex, I was unsure if they were going to leave the original building or do modernisation work to the outside to match the new centre.

Cheers Alex.
Smartalex
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby lynnski » Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:35 pm

Alex Glass wrote:Lynnski

Alas Equip is no more. The organisation has merged with Govan Initiative and is now South West Regeneration Agency.

They are still providing the same service to unemployed people so it is as you say worth getting in contact with them.

Really?? God, I was just in their office at Nitshill, what, 3 weeks ago?? Wow, not a word was said of it! And I'm signed up with the Govan Initiative to try and find a job, they've not said anything about it either! Ah well, as long as they're still helping people that's all that matters really, doesn't matter what they're called!
lynnski
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Alex Glass » Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:30 pm

Linnski

The merger has been planned for sometime. It is part of a city wide change to they way local development companies deliver their service and for the first time the whole of the city is covered by 5 LDCs working within the new Community Care and Health Partnership bounaries.

As you say it doesn't matter what they are called as long as they deliver services for local people.
Alex Glass
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby stevenh1983 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:15 am

The new shopping centre is looking good, as well as the new shops it will be great to have nice restaurants and bars to go to .
I am dissapointed that the existing centre is staying, it looks ugly and would need some serious modernisation to bring it up to date. I can't think of anything inside it that would still be needed when the new centre opens.
stevenh1983
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby crazygray23 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:49 pm

im registered there also , currently have applications in for cctv operator and security officer
crazygray23
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Mori » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:53 am

Mori
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby motman » Tue May 01, 2007 9:56 am

A reasonable knowledge of Latin is required if you look at the 'Employers' tab. Cannae think that there would be many of these on the ground locally :roll:
motman
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby crazygray23 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:22 pm

i got word backteh other day i got a job in silverburn as cctv controller, the company in question is the maclellan group who got a 9million 3 year contract to take over the facilities management of the centre
crazygray23
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby HollowHorn » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:20 pm

Good for you, Car23, you'll be doing a fair bit of 5 in the morning posting then ::):
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Josef » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:26 pm

HollowHorn wrote:Good for you, Car23, you'll be doing a fair bit of 5 in the morning posting then ::):

Someone has to keep McShad and Nutty Tiger company.
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Alex Glass » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:43 pm

crazygray23 wrote:i got word backteh other day i got a job in silverburn as cctv controller, the company in question is the maclellan group who got a 9million 3 year contract to take over the facilities management of the centre

Did you accept the offer?

Congratulations. Hope everything goes well for you. Any chance of you getting a few sneek preview shots of the interior ;)
Alex Glass
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby crazygray23 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:18 pm

i have accepted the offer but i doubt ill get a real look at the centre as i have to sit through a sia door supervisor and a cctv public space licence course and then training within the centre for various things untill its opening in september,
crazygray23
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Alex Glass » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:52 pm

crazygray23 wrote:i have accepted the offer but i doubt ill get a real look at the centre as i have to sit through a sia door supervisor and a cctv public space licence course and then training within the centre for various things untill its opening in september,

Good luck CG

First time I'm in when it opens I will give a wave to the cameras.
Alex Glass
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Development