COBWEB CLUB, ICECREAM PARLOUR,

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

COBWEB CLUB, ICECREAM PARLOUR,

Postby laineymcgarvie » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:34 am

CAN ANYONE HELP ME, IM TRYING TO TRACE FAMILY, THE ONLY LINK I HAVE IS THAT THEY OWNED AN ICECREAM PARLOUR IN GLASGOW CALLED THE COBWEB CLUB IN THE1960s ,THEY WERE GREEK, IM UNSURE BUT IT MAY HAVE BEEN CATHCART STREET.
laineymcgarvie
Just settling in
Just settling in

Re: COBWEB CLUB, ICECREAM PARLOUR,

Postby Socceroo » Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:27 pm

laineymcgarvie wrote:CAN ANYONE HELP ME, IM TRYING TO TRACE FAMILY, THE ONLY LINK I HAVE IS THAT THEY OWNED AN ICECREAM PARLOUR IN GLASGOW CALLED THE COBWEB CLUB IN THE1960s ,THEY WERE GREEK, IM UNSURE BUT IT MAY HAVE BEEN CATHCART STREET.

Cobweb Club....really attractive name for an Ice Cream Parlour...sure it was not a Funeral Parlour.. ::):
Socceroo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby samscafeamericain » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:05 am

laineymcgarvie wrote:CAN ANYONE HELP ME, IM TRYING TO TRACE FAMILY, THE ONLY LINK I HAVE IS THAT THEY OWNED AN ICECREAM PARLOUR IN GLASGOW CALLED THE COBWEB CLUB IN THE1960s ,THEY WERE GREEK, IM UNSURE BUT IT MAY HAVE BEEN CATHCART STREET.

I've asked on a few other websites I haunt, will let you know

However, you may want to see this thread, DVF seems to know something about it but sadly it doesn't seem as innocent a shop as you thought

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=361
'once you can get men to believe in absurdities you can get them to commit atrocities' ....Voltaire
samscafeamericain
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby laineymcgarvie » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:11 pm

yes i think u may be right i dont think the COBWEB CLUB was an ice cream place..:)...i think it was one of the drinking dens or something like that.........any one help me ind out ANY THING AT ALL ??????
laineymcgarvie
Just settling in
Just settling in

Return to Forum Help and Issues