The future of Hidden Glasgow

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: The future of Hidden Glasgow

Postby samscafeamericain » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:06 am

Lone Groover wrote:HG has been several things to me over the last year or so.
A point of reference,
A source of information,
A pleasant waste of time,
A great photography site
And an occasional social network.

I’d like it to stay that way !

I can live without the overuse of swearing, but I wouldn’t ban it, because for dramatic or comic effect it can be fecking useful.

I am a newbie here but I think it is a great site, more intelligent (usually) than other sites I visit - Lone Groover said it all really. I do however, think the Mods should have a nuke button that allows them to not just delete trouble makers posts but also send a bolt of electricity down the line to blow to smithereens the offenders computer :twisted:
'once you can get men to believe in absurdities you can get them to commit atrocities' ....Voltaire
samscafeamericain
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Toaster » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:52 am

Lone Groover wrote:I can live without the overuse of swearing, but I wouldn’t ban it, because for dramatic or comic effect it can be fecking useful.

The excessive swearing is definitely something we could do without IMO, makes this an awkward site to visit from the work computer!

Most other forums I visit have an automatic sweary-word censor, maybe that coud be added to get rid of the worst of it.
Toaster
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby onyirtodd » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:25 am

Toaster wrote:
Lone Groover wrote:I can live without the overuse of swearing, but I wouldn’t ban it, because for dramatic or comic effect it can be fecking useful.

The excessive swearing is definitely something we could do without IMO, makes this an awkward site to visit from the work computer!

Most other forums I visit have an automatic sweary-word censor, maybe that coud be added to get rid of the worst of it.

You really don't want that. You'll end up with a competition to see who can circumvent the sweary-bot in the most novel ways and a discussion forum as dull as Pat's Playground.
238 to 127. All in all a good afternoon's work
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Toaster » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:08 pm

onyirtodd wrote:
Toaster wrote:

You really don't want that. You'll end up with a competition to see who can circumvent the sweary-bot in the most novel ways and a discussion forum as dull as Pat's Playground.

At first, yes. But people generally get bored with it pretty quickly - it just looks even more childish than the swearing was in the first place.

As to ending up with a dull forum - well, if it takes swearing to make the place seem lively, then there ain't much going on to start with!
Toaster
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Peekay » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:45 pm

JohnR wrote:Thanks it is nice to be missed. :)

Somebody should've telt John Lennon that! He may have found it usefull.

PK
Peekay
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby duck » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:11 pm

Red Kola rightly said that I should have posted my thread here. ( the one in random distractions ) To be 100% honest I have never ever noticed that Other Stuff existed - my fault I know for not paying attention- but my excuse for not posting in the right place. RK was baffled by my title (Hidden Neds or Neds Glasgow ) - just (an obviously unsuccessful ) play on what my nephew said and our own forum's name.
Anyway, what I was saying wasn't a complaint , just an observation, and though I agree a solution can't be dictated my suggestion is simple....................................

Can't we just be nice to each other , like we're all friends?
duck
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby dave2 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:12 pm

I guess the thing is that we all have such disprate ideas - both about what buildings are interesting and which are not , and which should be preserved and which not, an such like - and that is just outr views on areas we have in common. On areas where we have even more different views. we cover the full spectrum and thus will have some interesting and potentially heated arguments.
dave2
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby joyce » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:21 pm

Hi all really enjoying having a look around this site...taking up all my time now...... :( I am from Castlemilk oroginally...though did live in Govanhill for a time and now in Rutherglen, brill informmation and pics on herre glad I came across it x
joyce
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Previous

Return to Forum Help and Issues