Login problems.

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Login problems.

Postby viceroy » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:17 am

Boxer6 wrote:
viceroy wrote:Many thanks for your response, Sharon.

I am using Safari version 5.1.5

This is the most up to date version according to Apple's website.

My operating system is Mac OS X Snow Leopard version 10.6.8. Again, this appears to be the most up to date version of Snow Leopard. Of course you can now get the new Mac OS Lion, but my computer requirements are (very) modest and I don't really need it. In any case I have heard some horror stories about people having big problems trying to install it and losing all sorts of stuff. Not for me!

My machine is only about 18 months old (November 2010) and is up to date as far as Mac software is concerned.

As I said, it is not a big problem, just a bit of a nuisance.

I wonder if any other HG members with Macs are having the same experience.

Viceroy, I'm running exactly the same set-up as you on my MacBookPro, of similar vintage, and not having any problems logging in. After the upgrade I had to utilise the second link of the two Sharon posted on Feb 25 2011, but no issues since.

Thanks for your input Boxer. My user control panel is missing whichever of the links I use. I now suspect there is a glitch somewhere inside my machine which is causing this.
viceroy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby War Baby » Thu May 24, 2012 4:04 pm

Sharon,
I only started the site a few days ago, and have in fact posted a few things. However, when I first started,
registered and typed in my Password, I then tested it, trying to log in. It just didn't work, and I was at it for hours. A message kept saying the password was wrong. So I contacted Hidden Glasgow to ask them to send me a new password, fully expecting that to fix it.

They sent me a a 13-character long password, with a mixture of Numbers and letters, which is not so good.
Anyway, I tried the new password many times, and it still didn't work.

So I went to the Problems with Logging In pages... And I actually found an earlier bit of advice, I think from you, with the two options in red, as you suggest here.

The first one still didn't work, but when I tried the second one, it did! That's fine, I can now Log In - but the password I received from HG is so long that I would much prefer one of my own choice.

By the way, curiously, once or twice the first option did accept my password, and I made my first post - a reply to someone at that time. It just seems to me that if I use the first option in red, something
is wrong. I have to use the second one that you suggest. ...Which one is being used if I use a google to bring the HG site up?

I made icons for the site, but I still need to log in to get anywhere, and only the one icon (the second option in red) works.
War Baby
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby War Baby » Fri May 25, 2012 6:49 am

Sharon,
Just to let you know that I have sorted my password problem, so everything is okay now.
War Baby
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Sharon » Mon May 28, 2012 8:04 pm

Excellent!

And thank you timing the problem and cure for when I wasn't looking. ::):
Beware of yawning dogs.
Sharon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby viceroy » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:59 am

viceroy wrote:
Boxer6 wrote:
viceroy wrote:Many thanks for your response, Sharon.

I am using Safari version 5.1.5

This is the most up to date version according to Apple's website.

My operating system is Mac OS X Snow Leopard version 10.6.8. Again, this appears to be the most up to date version of Snow Leopard. Of course you can now get the new Mac OS Lion, but my computer requirements are (very) modest and I don't really need it. In any case I have heard some horror stories about people having big problems trying to install it and losing all sorts of stuff. Not for me!

My machine is only about 18 months old (November 2010) and is up to date as far as Mac software is concerned.

As I said, it is not a big problem, just a bit of a nuisance.

I wonder if any other HG members with Macs are having the same experience.

Viceroy, I'm running exactly the same set-up as you on my MacBookPro, of similar vintage, and not having any problems logging in. After the upgrade I had to utilise the second link of the two Sharon posted on Feb 25 2011, but no issues since.

Thanks for your input Boxer. My user control panel is missing whichever of the links I use. I now suspect there is a glitch somewhere inside my machine which is causing this.

Just in case anybody is interested and indeed there may well be people who have had the same problem, I have finally found out why the user control panel is missing when logging on to HG via my Mac: it is getting blocked by my Kaspersky antivirus software.

To resolve this on my machine I go into Safari Preferences, then Extensions and uncheck 'Enable Kaspersky URL Advisor'. The user control panel then appears.

To be on the safe side I am inclined to re-instate the check if I am not actually logged in to HG.

Just to be clear, the user control panel was also missing when I wasn't logged in, when just reading other people's posts for instance.

I haven't a clue why this has been happening or whether it means anything. The glitch has been resolved, which is the main thing as far as I am concerned.
viceroy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Boxer6 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:09 am

Glad you got it fixed viceroy. I don't use Kaspersky; not that I would have actually have thought of that as the culprit anyway, tbh!
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
Boxer6
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Previous

Return to Forum Help and Issues