The Campsies 15-10-2008

Showcase your photographs - this will be split between Glasgow photography and everything else.

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

The Campsies 15-10-2008

Postby Peetabix » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:38 pm

Some shots from today. Couldn't find a Campsie thread with photographs so apologies if there is one creeping about.

A few shots from today and a PHOTOSYNTH

Peetabix
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: The Campsies 15-10-2008

Postby allyharp » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:04 pm

Whereabouts are those last two?

I think I can tell where the first one is - on the pipe track leading out of Killearn, near the house with the big pond at the start?
allyharp
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Peetabix » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:44 pm

The first two were taken side by side at a wee farmers road just off Crow Road about 2 miles south of Fintry. The last shot was taken up the hill behind the big car park just past Lennoxtown overlooking Campsie Glen.
Peetabix
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Reenie Bujman » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:12 am

All photos taken 14th June 2008. I went for a walk through Campsie Glen, along the edge of the escarpment and down a steep winding track that eventually led me to Lennoxtown.
Reenie Bujman
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Peetabix » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:25 am

Nice shots and you just taught me a new word. escarpment
Peetabix
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Reenie Bujman » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:19 pm

All photos taken 16th October 2008. From Milngavie to Dumgoyne along the West Highland Way.
Reenie Bujman
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Robbo » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:19 pm

Nice shots there from you both,

Reenie in your 1st lot of photos I notice you have a photo of the dome thing on top of the campsies have you any closer shots of it or can anyone tell me what it's used for.

Thanks
Robbo
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Reenie Bujman » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:54 pm

Hi Robbo. It's a weather radar device.

Holehead Weather Radar >>
Reenie Bujman
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Robbo » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:50 pm

Thanks for that Reenie,

I was always curious what it was everytime I was on the number 19 bus and going over the hills that go from Royston Road to Cumbernauld Road at Hogganfield Loch you can see it especially when the sun is hitting it..
Robbo
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Peetabix » Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:02 pm

Robbo wrote:Thanks for that Reenie,

I was always curious what it was everytime I was on the number 19 bus and going over the hills that go from Royston Road to Cumbernauld Road at Hogganfield Loch you can see it especially when the sun is hitting it..

Really? I've been getting the 19 for about 10 years and never noticed before.
Peetabix
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Robbo » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:16 pm

Peetabix wrote:

I saw it when we got to the top hill just before the bus goes back down to go towards Cumbernauld, you need to look carefully because the bus goes over quite quick so you could miss it the times I've noticed the weather station is when the sun is on the right and hitting the white surface of the dome.
Robbo
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Peetabix » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:24 pm

Robbo wrote:
Peetabix wrote:

I saw it when we got to the top hill just before the bus goes back down to go towards Cumbernauld, you need to look carefully because the bus goes over quite quick so you could miss it the times I've noticed the weather station is when the sun is on the right and hitting the white surface of the dome.

Is that going over the 3 hills just before the shops at Millerston? I'll need to keep my eyes peeled for that one.
Peetabix
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Robbo » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:32 pm

Peetabix wrote:
Robbo wrote:
Peetabix wrote:

Is that going over the 3 hills just before the shops at Millerston? I'll need to keep my eyes peeled for that one.

I think it is mate I'm not sure but I know it's the part of Royston Road where the number 11 turns to the left to go towards Robroyston and the 19 goes straight on up the hill towards Cumbernauld Road but I do know it's known locally as the 3 hills.
Robbo
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Peetabix » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:16 pm

Robbo wrote:
Peetabix wrote:
Robbo wrote:
Peetabix wrote:

I think it is mate I'm not sure but I know it's the part of Royston Road where the number 11 turns to the left to go towards Robroyston and the 19 goes straight on up the hill towards Cumbernauld Road but I do know it's known locally as the 3 hills.

Aye that's exactly where I was thinking.
Peetabix
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Return to Photo Sharing