Old Abandoned Lavvies

Showcase your photographs - this will be split between Glasgow photography and everything else.

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby Pgcc93 » Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:38 pm

Is that in someones back garden? It's rather smart for an out building. Nice!
Pgcc93
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Sharon » Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:49 pm

It is indeed in someones back garden!

It is behind this, http://www.infinite-eye.com/othersites/yay/Parton.jpg , hwich i believe was built for estate workers or something. (facts not checked).

In the front of the pano is the Post Office, if you are ever thhrough parton, yo MUST stop and go in. The old boy who own the shop is an absolute gem! He has a passionate interest in photography and history can telly many a good tale, especially about James Clerk Maxwell who was friends with his father. Related to that is he has a print of the first colour photo - the one of the tartan bow tie taken by Maxwell...there were only ever a few made. And to round up, Maxwell is buried in Parton which is a mecca for physics nerds around the world.
Beware of yawning dogs.
Sharon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Pgcc93 » Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:59 pm

Cheers for the info. Bang goes the idea that not much ever happened in Parton!.

That's another stunning pano 8)
Pgcc93
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby AMcD » Mon Jul 19, 2004 6:58 pm

A useless fact for all Killie (and ex-Killie) Hidden Glasgowers.. The fancy tiles shown in PGCC93's pictures of Rothesay's Gents Lavie were made by a Killie company, J & M Craig Ltd who owned the potteries at the Dean Castle and Longpark (aye.. Longpark 8O). They also made the ceramic Lion sculptures in the Kay Park next to the Burn's Monument.
Allan
AMcD
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Apollo » Sat Jul 31, 2004 11:16 pm

As with all responsible pastimes, it pays to ASK before taking some pics:

And if you don't, you may find this comes in useful before returning home:

Apollo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Pgcc93 » Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:23 pm

This door is definately distressed :!:

Pgcc93
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Fossil » Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:12 pm

-Fossil-Family Planing Office HG.com
Bum tit tit bum tit tit play yer hairy banjo
Fossil
-
-

Postby Apollo » Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:47 am

Forgot I had this. Old abandoned and vandalised lavvies, Rothesay style from the the 30's, and underground too.

Apollo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Fossil » Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:45 am

Not abandoned , but in working order. Mitchell Library

Fossil
Fossil
-
-

Postby Sharon » Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:48 am

You are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO going to get sprung someday taking your dodgy bog shots!

Imagine someone had walked in while you were holding your camera! 8O
Beware of yawning dogs.
Sharon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Fossil » Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:55 am

I had to wait for a bit while...erm... an old chap finished... but I think it was worth it.
BTW if anyone would like to join me on A Bog Shot Tour just make your self known..bring a packed lunch ::):

Fossil
Fossil
-
-

Postby purplegrum » Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:28 pm

Seems that the humble lavvie is causing quite a stir.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-p ... 018477.stm
purplegrum
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Molendinar » Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:55 pm

I know the thread's about abandoned bogs, but someone should start a name and shame campaign of minging bogs still in use in Glasgow! A bit of a bee in my bonnet here but the places you go in glasgow that'll quite happily charge you £2.50 + for a pint, but have cesspits you have to swim thru. Plus am I the only one who has ever felt a bit delicate from the night before, from some curry and bevy who, needs somewhere clean and comforting to go through the birth pangs and contractions of emptying ones bowels? Never clean, never got any bog roll, you've got a choice, get caught short or catch sthg, what do you do?

I'd also enforce fines for weirdo's who go into the cubicles and piss all over everything instead of using the urinals for the purpose they were designed.

Just as well I'm not in Beijing eh?
"What is the good of being a genius if you cannot use it as an excuse for being unemployed?"
Molendinar
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby mrlipring » Thu Nov 18, 2004 6:47 pm

An ex and i were once in MacD's on sauchiehall street. She goes to the loo, comes back 30 seconds later almost boking. Turns out someone had been in before and shit on the seat. Like actually laid a log along one side of the seat. And left it there.

I know that particular branch is always full of neds/kids, but come on... Don't the staff check the loos? Ugh.
mrlipring
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby gap74 » Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:54 pm

No I have to say, in defence of staff, you can check toilets every ten minutes and some skanky fleabag can still make a mess of the things!

During my tenure at the Odeon in Renfield Street, the bogs had various indignities heaped on them, quite literally sometimes. I, personally, have had to clean mounds of spew off of floors, carry unconscious teenagers out of cubicles, pick turds out of urinals, needles out of ventilation grills, wiped piss, shit, ink and paint off walls, picked up broken mirrors that were only replaced a few days previously (ditto soap dispensers and, more commonly, the entire contents of them, pumped onto the worktops...), put out fires in blazing sanitary bins, and discovered 1001 ways to block plumbing with popcorn....

Then there's doors ripped off hinges, service hatches strewn across the floor, entire toilet rolls stuffed down pans, strewn across floors or dampened and thrown at the walls and ceiling, used tampons/towels/nappies (sometimes in the screens themselves!)...

Forgive me for being jaded, but Joe/Josephine Public often gets the toilets s/he deserves!

Grrr, bloody animals!

Rant over....

Gary
gap74
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Sharing