Old Cars etc Spotted

Showcase your photographs - this will be split between Glasgow photography and everything else.

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Old Cars etc Spotted

Postby Volunteer » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:31 am

Volunteer here, BTJusitice you're correct the number plate is Illegally Spaced and not Personalised.

Here is a nice pic from Blackpool. Outside Louis Tussaud's Waxworks is a Reliant Robin Van decorated with the Del Boy look. Nice to see.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Volunteer
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby BTJustice » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:21 pm

Wrong Reliant, Del boy drove a Regal, not a Robin.

Here are a few spots from today;

Image1983 Audi 80 by route9autos.co.uk, on Flickr

ImageT3 Syncro by route9autos.co.uk, on Flickr
My all new film location website is here;
www.rewoundandfound.com

Check oot ma flickr page;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/route9autos/

For handmade jewellery, go to:
http://www.weegemjo.co.uk
BTJustice
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Volunteer » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:31 am

Volunteer here, BTJusitice thank you for the correction.

Fond memories of Currie's of Shettleston who were the Dealership for Reliant in Glasgow.

My memories go as far back to the early Bonds of the fifties and sixties or was it Reliant's with the Villiers two cylinder two stroke engine?
Morris Traveller under renovation (1).jpg
The standard model as I remember had a Kick Start which the driver or some one else operated in the engine compartment. The De Luxe Models were fitted with an electric start. Same engine of the three wheeled cars issued with Disabled Drivers Cars in the sixties.

Pics of a Traveller being restored.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Volunteer
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby arthuy » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:28 am

Bit of a surprise spot today.

I had to pop in to Andrew Watts and this Rover SD1 2600s on an X plate was parked up.

I also spotted a grey Rover P5B Coupe not far away in the flats near the junction of Haggs road/Dumbreck rd/Titwood road. I know that car though the owner may now be different.
arthuy
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby gap74 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:55 am

I've not got a pic, but been quite surprised the last few weeks to spot a W-reg black hack plying its trade on the streets of Glasgow - W-reg as in 1980-81, that is! Cab looks commensurate with that age.

Wonder what the story behind it is, and how many miles it has under its belt?
gap74
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Volunteer » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:39 am

Volunteer here, Only a guess gap74 but I believe that as long as the vehicle passes inspection it can motor on. Mileage could be quite high. Some taxis are running 24/7/365 others don't. The one you saw may have been on the road for the last 35 years. Say the vehicle does 250 miles per day that would amount to over 3 million miles. Only a guess.

Pic of a nice line up of cars. Late fifties Vauxhall Victor, Rover P5 probably from the seventies, Land Rover Defender and a Ford Zodiac of the early sixties.
Volunteer
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Boxer6 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:22 pm

arthuy wrote:Bit of a surprise spot today.

I had to pop in to Andrew Watts and this Rover SD1 2600s on an X plate was parked up.

I also spotted a grey Rover P5B Coupe not far away in the flats near the junction of Haggs road/Dumbreck rd/Titwood road. I know that car though the owner may now be different.

That looks in amazing condition arthuy. I'd bet it's had a goodly amount of work done on it over the years - my neighbour had a new one of these back in the day, and it was rusted in both wings, sills and tailgate inside 6 months of getting it!
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
Boxer6
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Volunteer » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:33 am

Volunteer here, Indeed always nice seeing a well preserved car on the road Boxer6.

Sad to see pics of a Rover Graveyard. Several Rovers, Land Rovers, a Triumph and a Jaguar left to rust and decay. There is also a very old saloon which I could not identify. The collection was eventually moved to a scrapyard for final disposal. The condition of most of the vehicles left very little which could be salvaged.
Volunteer
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Volunteer » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:21 am

Volunteer here, Spotted left unattended at the Glasgow Science Centre.
Volunteer
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby MungoDundas » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:34 am

AS mentioned above, noted late October 2014 on Clyde Street.

plus July 2014 on Edinburgh Road

MungoDundas
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Volunteer » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:43 am

Volunteer here, Well spotted MungoDundas. Looks very good for an “M” plate.

Attached is a pic of a Bentley R Type spotted at the Bridge Inn at Ratho. Had a good rummage to source the model. It's probably a 1950's produced car one of many Custom Built.
Volunteer
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby neilmc » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:00 pm

Thames ET6 works fire appliance, Rouken Glen, 1991:-
ImageFordson Thames ET6 by neilmc_photos, on Flickr
neilmc
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Volunteer » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:43 pm

Volunteer here, nice pic neilmc. Nice to see a well preserved appliance. The Registration if original places the vehicle being first registered in London South West. Any idea of the history?

Not so well maintained the Zephyr I spotted in Kirkliston. Needs some tender loving care but to me the car looked sound. No external door handles on the doors, curious.
Volunteer
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby neilmc » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:19 pm

Volunteer wrote:Volunteer here, nice pic neilmc. Nice to see a well preserved appliance. The Registration if original places the vehicle being first registered in London South West. Any idea of the history?

Afraid I don't know any more about it, though it appears to be part of a batch registration
http://www.fire-engine-photos.com/pictu ... r22233.asp

Here's the AEC Matador which was standing next to it:-
ImageAEC Matador by neilmc_photos, on Flickr
neilmc
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Volunteer » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:50 am

Volunteer here, Got that thanks. Another nice post neilmc. I've driven AEC Militants the Ten Tonner version, quite an experience. Similar to the Matador with a twin rear axle. Lovingly know as a “Knocker” from the noise the engine made while running. No frills in these cabs.

Here are two pics of a Morris Minor 1000 nose to tail with a Hillman Super Minx Automatic in Kirkiliston
Volunteer
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Sharing