Old Cars etc Spotted

Showcase your photographs - this will be split between Glasgow photography and everything else.

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Old Cars etc Spotted

Postby Volunteer » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:35 am

Volunteer here, spotted in the Gorbals at the junction of Cumberland Street & Gorbals Street. A follow on to the previous Post by BT Justice of a Morris Minor 1000 Saloon in Clipper Blue.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Volunteer
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Volunteer » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:26 am

Volunteer wrote:Volunteer here, spotted in the Gorbals at the junction of Cumberland Street & Gorbals Street. A follow on to the previous Post by BT Justice of a Morris Minor 1000 Saloon in Clipper Blue.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Volunteer
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Volunteer » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:14 pm

Volunteer here, in immaculate condition a Ford Cortina MKI at the Gorbals in Glasgow. You could eat you dinner of the paintwork but the owner would object.
Volunteer
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Volunteer » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:22 pm

Volunteer here, meanwhile over in Govanhill. For those who remember Z Cars and for those who don't use google. Pristine condition this classic model of the Ford Zephyr MKII.
Volunteer
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Volunteer » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:42 pm

Volunteer here, Mount Florida is where I spotted a Black Morris Minor 1000 by coincidence I met the owner weeks later attending a Laying Up Service in Cathcart Parish Church. Territorial Army Unit ,125 (Glasgow) Rations Squadron, Royal Logistic Corps are moving to Coventry. End of an era after 75 years at Kings Park.
Volunteer
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Volunteer » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:50 pm

Volunteer here, in the early seventies, that's nineteen seventies the Rover P6 V8 3500S was the fastest road going saloon available to the public. Top speed of 132 miles per hours. Classic design which still turns head. This one spotted in West Prince's Street Glasgow.
Volunteer
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby BTJustice » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:44 pm

I spotted this on West princes street last Sunday;

ImageGlasgow to clydebank 25 by route9autos.co.uk, on Flickr
My all new film location website is here;
www.rewoundandfound.com

Check oot ma flickr page;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/route9autos/

For handmade jewellery, go to:
http://www.weegemjo.co.uk
BTJustice
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:44 am

Where does the east Prince hang out?
"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Volunteer » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:57 am

Volunteer here, Googled East Princes Street and came up with East Princes Street Gardens in Edinburgh. Sound about right? Some areas such as Helensburgh have East & West Street Names. If you head up Sinclair Street in Helensburgh from the sea front the street names off that road are the same but the left side begins with West and the right side begins with East. In Glasgow there are two Wallace Streets. North Wallace Street is off Baird Street Townhead and South Wallace Street was, it's since been demolished, under the Kingston Bridge South Side Off Ramps at Morrison Street way in Tradeston.
Volunteer
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:36 pm

"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Volunteer » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:39 pm

Volunteer here, in 1982 a young Volunteer took to the highway in Glasgow on a Stimson Scorcher Mini Based Kit Car. A three wheeler that turned heads. Featured twice in the Evening Times Newspaper. It came to the attention of Strathclyde's Finest on 27 occasions and there were many roadside conversation with Police Officers from Traffic Division. The lady in the pic with three people is a Sunday Post Reporter. She had her photographer take the black and white pics. She took notes and the article was never printed. No jokes about the German Police Cap please. I was wearing mine before the Village People became famous.
Volunteer
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Volunteer » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:49 pm

Volunteer here, in 1984 a young Volunteer took to the highway in Glasgow on a Hustler Mini Based Kit Car. Designed by William Towns who also designed the Aston Martin Lagonda and Bulldog. Previously he worked for the Jensen Car Company. The Hustler had several body options. 4 wheelers, 6 wheelers, fibreglass body or Marine Plywood. The one in the pic has a body of marine plywood, mahogany and ash wood. The doors were a piece of sliding glass. Meant you could park in tight spaces and get out as long as there enough space for your legs.
Volunteer
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby gap74 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:28 pm

Great pics Volunteer - especially the colour one, which perhaps made me giggle for the wrong reasons!
gap74
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby arthuy » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:44 pm

3.8 litre, wire wheels, dark blue with gleaming chrome. I often see this on Bothwell Street. I would have taken more pictures but the cash in transit lads might not have been happy. Mind you going by the often repeated mk2 myths about all the bank robbers driving them maybe they were keeping a close eye on it. I am sure the owner has a New shape XJR which is also lovely.
arthuy
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Volunteer » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:21 pm

Volunteer here, thanks for the compliment gap74. Nice Jaguar posted by arthuy. Meanwhile down at Fordneuk Street in Bridgeton is the Glasgow Vintage Vehicle Trust Garage. At the Open Day there are vehicles in attendance which are not buses. Here is a beautiful Ford Zodiac MKII and a Morris Minor Van in W H (Haulage Contractors) Brookfield livery. Check the telephone number on the van. Johnstone 226. W H Malcolm retains a fleet of commercial vehicles which served the company. Worth a look when you can.
Volunteer
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Sharing