Astronomy Picture of the Day

Showcase your photographs - this will be split between Glasgow photography and everything else.

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Astronomy Picture of the Day

Postby escotregen » Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:44 pm

A pretty eclectic collection this lot; but the one for 7th March on "Mercury over Leeds" made me think that some of you HG photo guys might want to submit something to the site on the Glasgow night sky/sky views
http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/archivepix.html

The intor blurb:
"Astronomy Picture of the Day
Don’t let the slightly geeky sounding title put you off. Astronomy Picture of the Day is a treasure trove of amazing images. Everyone from an amateur in the Hebrides to the Hubble space telescope contribute – the only criterion is that the picture should preferably be both striking and interesting. What’s on display is always carefully explained in everyday terms and there’s always lots of links if you’re interested in knowing more. A real gem from a group of true enthusiasts."
escotregen
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby mpcsmith » Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:05 pm

on a glasgow astronomy theme.

http://www.picjar.com/pub/mpcsmith/glasgow_photos/2004_0925Image0142.JPG/?size=D

included the url for the same pic as it seems that the image dissappears after a while even though its still hosted. im using picjar instead of photobucket, any one experienced similar problems with photobucket?
mpcsmith
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Apollo » Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:36 pm

Have a look at the terms, picjar is not intended to provide a pic hosting service like Photobucket. It's expressly for creating online albums to share pictures through.

Quoted from their terms:

"using PicJar to host images for external websites is not supported."

Probably only works occasionally since this site is currently under development.
Apollo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby mpcsmith » Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:51 pm

yep that would explain it! reading is a wonderfull thing, i might try it more often. i think i will be switching to photobucket asap.
mpcsmith
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby duncan » Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:32 am

I would recommend Flickr
duncan
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Return to Photo Sharing