Up the Clyde Valley

Showcase your photographs - this will be split between Glasgow photography and everything else.

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Up the Clyde Valley

Postby MacotheIsles » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:20 pm

Nemphlar Viewpoint small.jpg

Taken a month or two back from about 1 mile outside Lanark (Nemphlar). The nearest tower blocks and town are Motherwell, the further distance includes Ruchazie, and right on the edge of the heavens are Ben Lomond and the Arrochar hills.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MacotheIsles
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: Up the Clyde Valley

Postby Pit » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:06 pm

Very nice shot. If i may ask...what camera are you using?
Pit
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby MacotheIsles » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:01 pm

Thank you Pit. Taken with a Panasonic Lumix DMC G6 (or somesuch) with standard 14 - 140 zoom lens. The original pic was shot as a raw image and converted to jpeg and TIFF via Photoshop. I often dream about having a truly elite camera but that'd be too much hassel.
MacotheIsles
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Pit » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:01 pm

MacotheIsles wrote:Thank you Pit. Taken with a Panasonic Lumix DMC G6 (or somesuch) with standard 14 - 140 zoom lens. The original pic was shot as a raw image and converted to jpeg and TIFF via Photoshop. I often dream about having a truly elite camera but that'd be too much hassel.

Which editing software do you use?
Pit
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby MacotheIsles » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:18 pm

Hi Pit...

Photoshop pure and simple fo editing and tweaking. In this case I take the raw image through Photoshop's Camera Raw add on and thence into Photoshop proper where I'm more at home with the fine adjustments. For this particular photo (shot on the Panasonic) I had to convert it using Adobe DNG to allow Photoshop to import it, if I remember rightly. Original image was 4608 x 3456 pixels at 240 dpi.
MacotheIsles
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Return to Photo Sharing