Spooky / Atmospheric photos!

Showcase your photographs - this will be split between Glasgow photography and everything else.

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby Fraz13 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:56 am

Note the "ghost" checkin oot the car....

Fraz13
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby John » Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:46 pm

'It's a sad day for capitalism when a man can't fly a midget on a kite over Central Park'
John
-
-

Postby potatojunkie » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:51 am

JohnR wrote:Image

That sky! Was that from early October last year? I found myself out and about without a camera that day, and I could've wept.
potatojunkie
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby katherine » Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:14 pm

[quote="JohnR"]Image

That's an amazing shot. Where was it taken?
Shine on You Crazy Diamond
katherine
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby John » Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:38 pm

potatojunkie wrote:

That sky! Was that from early October last year? I found myself out and about without a camera that day, and I could've wept.

I have just checked the original photo and it was taken on 3rd of October so very well spotted.

This was a snatched shot. I was in the process of getting dinner and saw that the sky was looking very strange so rushed outside to grab any photograph I could. My back garden isn't very inspiring so the sunflowers were the best I could manage.

John
'It's a sad day for capitalism when a man can't fly a midget on a kite over Central Park'
John
-
-

Postby John » Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:41 pm

katherine wrote:

That's an amazing shot. Where was it taken?

Thanks Katherine. This is the old Langside Hill Church taken in 1992 while it was still a ruin. It is now a bar.

I actually climbed the steps you can see in the photographs to take photographs from the partially collapsed 1st floor.

I photographed this building several times and fell completely in love with it. At the risk of boring everyone again you can see several photographs on my flickr sets here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/john-rober ... 182482734/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/john-rober ... 184922671/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/john-rober ... 201340287/

Cheers

John
John
-
-

Postby gordon » Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:11 pm

Belter!
Malcolm Tucker is always right.
gordon
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby cataclyzm » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:52 pm

The Langside ex Church is stunning. The Architecture is perfect and inspired. I have a thing for greek and roman porticos and must have looked at hundreds - but that is damn near perfect.

The curved side stairwells are flawlessly integrated. We did classical architecture so well in Scotland - took it to a different level really.

The Langside Church is very original and so well executed it could float away in your photographs.

great stuff!

but do you like it better restored or as a ruin?

robert
cataclyzm
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby cheesemonster » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:55 pm

doonunda wrote:Image

great shot!
cheesemonster
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby John » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:58 pm

cataclyzm wrote:The Langside ex Church is stunning. The Architecture is perfect and inspired. I have a thing for greek and roman porticos and must have looked at hundreds - but that is damn near perfect.

The curved side stairwells are flawlessly integrated. We did classical architecture so well in Scotland - took it to a different level really.

The Langside Church is very original and so well executed it could float away in your photographs.

great stuff!

but do you like it better restored or as a ruin?

robert

I loved it as a ruin but I do appreciate that it would have eventually been completely lost. I am glad this beautiful building has been rescued and is in use once again.

I wish I had taken a bit of the stained glass as a souvenir but followed the urban explorer's code and didn't take anything away from the building.

John
John
-
-

Postby John » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:06 pm

Who is this lurking in the shadows?

John
John
-
-

Postby HollowHorn » Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:52 pm

Martyr's School.
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Previous

Return to Photo Sharing