Some Pics On The Road Out To Stirling

Showcase your photographs - this will be split between Glasgow photography and everything else.

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Some Pics On The Road Out To Stirling

Postby jedi » Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:18 pm

Took These Yesterday..............
Quick Take A Picture....

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/crazyjedione
jedi
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby jedi » Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:24 pm

Some More........
Quick Take A Picture....

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/crazyjedione
jedi
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Stirling road

Postby SpongeBob » Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:58 pm

!st post.

8O 8O Aaargh! Drive that road every day......Don't want to see any bit of it on my days off!!! :). :D :D
SpongeBob
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Apollo » Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:04 am

I'll refrain from detail, but the reg on that police BMW is the same as the one being driven by the two tosspots that stopped me 100 m from my front door. Ambling down the road about 25 mph (I have a driveway to turn into) I pulled over when I saw flashing blue and red appear behind me, the road's narrow and I just thought it was an ambulance. Instead of passing, the lights pulled in behind me and stopped too. Plod arrives, taps the wndow and accuses me of a string of potential offences that should really have had me carted away, not getting a "Good evening sir" speech.

Anyway, the interview evntually turned to "Have you been drinking?", "Have you had a drink recently?". I was now keeping shtoom, and wasn't going to mention that I was just arriving home from way north of Fort William, and apart from not being a drinker, wouldn't have had time for it anyway. So he then came away with the style of driving and nature being such that he would now require me to submit to a breathalyser. Needless to say this this was not only negative, but showed I hadn't touched alcohol in recent times either.

He then noticed the laptop and GPS on the dash. "What's that?". I told him it was GPS/SatNav, and continuously logged my speed and direction in a tracklog. Response: "Oh, good evening sir, please drive carefully in future".

I don't know where they came from, they certainly weren't following me for any distance, though there are two small sidestreets prior to my house, (I just passed the first when the lights appeared) and I drive less that threequarters of a mile from the main road.

You'll notice that at no time did they ask for any of my details, or any documentation relating to me or my vehicle.

The words "Random Breath Test" echo around my cynical mind, but that can't be right, as we don't have that sort of thing, do we?

Believe it or not, I was stopped a few weeks before this (different car) at Queenslie one night, this time for going too slow!
Apollo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby crusty_bint » Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:14 am

Apollo wrote:I'll refrain from detail

I smell shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite!!!!

::):
here i go, it's coming for me through the trees
crusty_bint
-
-

Postby Apollo » Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:22 pm

Nope. I'm surprised they didn't chase and pull crazycullen for taking the pic with the identifiable reg and "Endangering the officer's lives". That one's been tried on the cruisers taking pics of the cars at Ayr shore.

It's all quite genuine, but you would smell it if I repeated the details of the claims the cops made to justify the stop, I was speechless for a moment. But that would identify the who, where, what and when.

If I hadn't been alone and had a witness, I would have reported the incident. Those morons are the types that make life hard for the decent cops that spend their days at the wrong end of public prejudice. They are in the same class as the pair that followed me for ages until I found a safe place to stop and wait for them to either go away or come and question me, thye did the latter. My offence? While waiting at traffic lights on my way home from a friends house at 3 am, I looked over when movement caught my eye at a local pub. Unfortunately, I made direct eye contanct with a pair of cops coming out of the pub at that time. After that, they stayed 50 m behind me wherever I went, so I picked a place to stop, rather than have them follow me to my door. This resulted in the standard "Who are you, where were you, where are you going", tyre kicking and light checking routine, but no reason given for stopping me.

Maybe it's just an East End thing.
Apollo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby DickyHart » Tue Nov 23, 2004 4:20 pm

Everybody hates the traffic cops, even the 'normal' polis hate them. They like to think they are something, cos they have f*ck all better to do than drive up and down motorways and going about checking tax discs.
I had a crash recently that some here on HG know about, when I asked the question on what happened to my bike after the incident. the Traffic copper shrugged his shoulders and said 'some bloke took it', here is his phome number, which incidently was a wrong number. Thankfully the person who had it was an honest man. I offered to pay for storage and everything but he refused. I was then given my wee form by the police in the hospital and told to get my insurance etc in five days.

I was not able to get down, and called the station to ask for more time. I was subsequently told I had one hour to get there, or i would be arrested for refusing to comply with some road traffic offence. Now i was knocked off my motorbike by a hit and run driver and to date thay have made no effort to track him. This is despite having four witnesses, the registration number and a driver description. All they where interested in was getting my paperwork looked at.
I got a taxi to Hamiton Police station from hairmyres hospital against medical advice, where i was carried in by my brother, the guy on the desk looked terrified. i tossed the paperwork onto the desk. he stamped it. i asked him if they where satisfied. he said nothing and I returned to Hairmyres. All at a cost of over 30 pounds. and a lot of pain.

I have heard nothing since.

Im sorry i do not usually rant and rave on the site,I come here for some fun and hopefully learn something, at times i even have somehting of use to say. but I understand what you went through. They have f*ck all better to do

Stevie
Is this gonna be a standup fight, sir, or another bughunt?
DickyHart
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby PlasticDel » Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:20 pm

Bloddy hell! I would be in the station shouting and screaming limbs flailing everywhere if that were me, Dicky. I guess your condition at the time might make that difficult.

My only hassle was when a police van sat on the arse of my car for about 3 miles! Till I circled a round about and headed for the station to report the two twats in it. Then decided not to, because the guy at the desk would do hee-haw about it anyway. I was less fussed the next day anyway.

However if you get any unfair treatment from the police (like you got Dicky), the first person you should go to is your MP.

Saying that, I've met a few decent polis folks.
PlasticDel
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby DickyHart » Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:46 pm

I do have a couple of pals, who are sound and i know a few through my job who are great, but traffic police think thay are a law onto themselves.
I got stopped on my old vespa about 18 months ago cos cos it did not have mirrors. he was trying to impound my bike. When i remininded him that the bike was never fitted with them i do not need to have them. he laughed at me.
He called it in and whoever he spoke to told him i was right, the a*shole just walked away without as much as an apology. and sat up my arse all the way home.

Stevie
Last edited by DickyHart on Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Is this gonna be a standup fight, sir, or another bughunt?
DickyHart
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby purplegrum » Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:48 pm

PlasticDel wrote:My only hassle was when a police van sat on the arse of my car for about 3 miles! Till I circled a round about and headed for the station to report the two twats in it. Then decided not to, because the guy at the desk would do hee-haw about it anyway. I was less fussed the next day anyway.

My mate was telling me that a girl at his work reported two police for parking their car in a dangerous spot, and after that she was stopped and had her car checked every day for a week after it. Sad really, those cops give a bad name to a lot of them who, like Del said, are pretty decent guys.
purplegrum
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby turbozutek » Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:20 am

PlasticDel wrote:However if you get any unfair treatment from the police (like you got Dicky), the first person you should go to is your MP.

Saying that, I've met a few decent polis folks.

Remember the last time we got pulled over after an UE Mission Del ? I would like to get some unfair treatment from that Attractive Female Police Officer.

:twisted:

Chris...
turbozutek
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby PlasticDel » Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:03 am

Awwww, dude, that was sweet. She was soooo hot. I was telling my Pop about that just recently. He laughed.

Man I can still see her. When I stand in her garden and look through her windows!

NOOOO! I don't do that! Anymore...

Just know the other guy was staying in the car cause if he stood up she'd never team up with him again!
PlasticDel
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Sharon » Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:05 am

And what if she'd asked you both to "step out of the car" ?
Beware of yawning dogs.
Sharon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby DMcNay » Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:11 am

Two guys...in a car.....both in a state of arousal.....

She'd probably have used the pepper spray on them.
Too few hours in the day.
DMcNay
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby PlasticDel » Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:46 pm

What makes me laugh is, it was like Lord knows what time, and I told her we had just been at the park.....

Yes, the very park where it's alledged the "doggers" go.
Think that's why she let us go.

I really coudn't be arsed getting oot to get my licence fae the boot.

Good times, eh, Turbo... Good times! :D
PlasticDel
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Next

Return to Photo Sharing