Black & White Photography

Showcase your photographs - this will be split between Glasgow photography and everything else.

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Black & White Photography

Postby Doorstop » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:10 pm

Was asked to do a wee shoot for the owner of my gym in order to capture a training session of the Junior Korean Taekwondo Squad who are over for their exchange visit.

Got some nice (for me) shots .. still mid processing but here's a start ..

More later .. if I don't burn myself out first. ;)
I like him ... He says "Okie Dokie!"
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Josef » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:42 pm

I don't suppose anyone remembers the martial arts film set in Glasgow about eight or nine years ago? If I remember rightly it featured the two brothers who ran a gym in Glasgow until recently.
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby ministry » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:23 pm

Hi guys n gals,i am new to the site and although this is a black and white photo i did do a search in case i should have posted it in another thread/football related thread.It was taken at the back of the Junior Football Team Benburb FC's ground,initially it used to be a red ash/gravel pitch im not sure if the Ben's used the ground to train on but with no floodlight facility it might only have been used in the summer months...so why was it built?

It is now used as a shortcut for people heading for the Asda at Govan and the gravel has been replaced with weeds and grass that has grown over time.The local neds over the years have left there mark and it was a boozy meeting place for a kick about,also when Bonfire Night comes around the center circle resembles something from The Wicker Man

The Beautiful Game.....

What we are looking at is good and evil,right and wrong.
ministry
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Lone Groover » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:24 pm

Smakk boys in the park? Jumpers for goal posts,....enduring image ! ! !
"Work hard, Rock Hard, Eat hard, Sleep hard, Grow big, Wear glasses if you need 'em"
Flickr photos - If you can stand them !
www.flickr.com/photos/davetrott/
Lone Groover
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby ministry » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:55 pm

The Stand at the Benburb Football Ground..

ministry
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby ministry » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:57 pm

Josef wrote:I don't suppose anyone remembers the martial arts film set in Glasgow about eight or nine years ago? If I remember rightly it featured the two brothers who ran a gym in Glasgow until recently.

Would that be Unleashed?

Synopsis

Unleashed, an action drama written and produced by Luc Besson (LA FEMME NIKITA, THE PROFESSIONAL), and directed by Louis Leterrier (THE TRANSPORTER), headlines international martial arts superstar Jet Li (HERO), who is joined in the film by Academy Award winner Morgan Freeman (MILLION DOLLAR BABY), Bob Hoskins (THE LONG GOOD FRIDAY), and Kerry Condon (NED KELLY).

On and beneath the meanest streets of Glasgow, fiery gangster Bart (Bob Hoskins) is merciless with debtors, would-be rivals, and anyone else to whom he takes even a passing dislike. How does Bart maintain his chokehold? Through his unwitting enforcer Danny (Jet Li), who he has “raised” since boyhood. Danny has been kept as a near-prisoner by his “Uncle” Bart; trained to attack and, if necessary, kill. Danny knows little of life, except the brutal existence that Bart has so crudely and cruelly fashioned for him.

But when Danny has a chance encounter with soft-spoken blind piano tuner Sam (Morgan Freeman), he senses true kindness and compassion for the first time and experiences the transforming power of music. When a sudden gangland coup separates Danny from Bart and his mob, Danny is at last away from the underworld. He takes refuge with Sam and his spunky teenaged stepdaughter Victoria (Kerry Condon). Sam and Victoria open their home and hearts to Danny, who begins to envision a new future for himself. However, the mob will not give up its prize pupil so easily, and Danny must soon fight again, and fight back, to protect his new family and bury his troubled past.
ministry
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby ministry » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:02 pm

Home Sweet Home..or a blight on the landscape for the ex-residents?

The Multi Storeys at Broomloan Court-Going Going......

ministry
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Josef » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:17 am

ministry wrote:
Josef wrote:I don't suppose anyone remembers the martial arts film set in Glasgow about eight or nine years ago? If I remember rightly it featured the two brothers who ran a gym in Glasgow until recently.

Would that be Unleashed?

Synopsis

Unleashed, an action drama written and produced by Luc Besson (LA FEMME NIKITA, THE PROFESSIONAL), and directed by Louis Leterrier (THE TRANSPORTER), headlines international martial arts superstar Jet Li (HERO), who is joined in the film by Academy Award winner Morgan Freeman (MILLION DOLLAR BABY), Bob Hoskins (THE LONG GOOD FRIDAY), and Kerry Condon (NED KELLY).

On and beneath the meanest streets of Glasgow, fiery gangster Bart (Bob Hoskins) is merciless with debtors, would-be rivals, and anyone else to whom he takes even a passing dislike. How does Bart maintain his chokehold? Through his unwitting enforcer Danny (Jet Li), who he has “raised” since boyhood. Danny has been kept as a near-prisoner by his “Uncle” Bart; trained to attack and, if necessary, kill. Danny knows little of life, except the brutal existence that Bart has so crudely and cruelly fashioned for him.

But when Danny has a chance encounter with soft-spoken blind piano tuner Sam (Morgan Freeman), he senses true kindness and compassion for the first time and experiences the transforming power of music. When a sudden gangland coup separates Danny from Bart and his mob, Danny is at last away from the underworld. He takes refuge with Sam and his spunky teenaged stepdaughter Victoria (Kerry Condon). Sam and Victoria open their home and hearts to Danny, who begins to envision a new future for himself. However, the mob will not give up its prize pupil so easily, and Danny must soon fight again, and fight back, to protect his new family and bury his troubled past.

Cheers ministry, but no, I don't think it was. I don't remember any star names, and I think it was the World Premier that I saw so it was almost certainly a 'Funded by the Scottish Film Council (or whatever)' job.

Who would have guessed there was more than one?
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby ministry » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:30 am

ministry
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby mack4 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:26 pm

ministry wrote:The Stand at the Benburb Football Ground..

That looks in better condition than Yoker's.I was there a while ago when the linesman "ran" the line while sitting in the home dugout.
mack
mack4
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby BrigitDoon » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:36 pm

Reminds me of the maths teacher I once heard about who refereed a game in the rain by sitting in his car and flashing the lights at the kids instead of blowing his whistle.
UXB
BrigitDoon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby tobester » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:14 pm

Lone Groover wrote:Smakk boys in the park?

Did Gary Glitter not get done for that ::):
tobester
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby ministry » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:37 pm

Took these today while heading towards the "Walled Garden" in Bellahouston Park.

ministry
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby ministry » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:59 pm

This is opposite the Wee Rangers Club,there used to be an entrance down to the old railway track years and years ago(now blocked off with metal)..heard all sorts of stories about people getting dragged down there and robbed etc.I had to tip toe to take this photo and it was still difficult to try and peer over the ledge and see what i could snap.

ministry
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby ministry » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:21 pm

Worst case of Athletes Foot i have seen in a long time..so bad they had to fence of the area behind the foot.Taken in Bellahouston Park heading towards the "Walled Garden"

ministry
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Sharing