Hi, new here..help needed..

Showcase your photographs - this will be split between Glasgow photography and everything else.

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Hi, new here..help needed..

Postby den_perry » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:19 pm

Hi everyone.

New guy here from Southside. Been a regular viewer of this site for a few years. Some stunning photos that I have really admired from ordinary but clearly talented people.

Anyway, I have something that I would like some assistance with. I have shot the attached photograph of the "La Pasionaria" statue at The Clyde. Been a long time admirer of this monument (or rather what it stands for) for some time.

Ideally, I want a canvas print of this for my flat but ideally I would like it in a certain way. I actually prefer the shot in black and white but would like the inscription below to be in the original colour. I don't have photoshop (and wouldn't know where to start with it :oops: ).

Would any of you kind people out there be able to assist?

Rob.
That is the worst idea in the history of entertainment since Abraham Lincoln said, "I'm sick of kicking around the house all day, let's go take in a show."
den_perry
Just settling in
Just settling in

Re: Hi, new here..help needed..

Postby Doorstop » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:31 pm

I like him ... He says "Okie Dokie!"
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby den_perry » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:39 pm

Wow, just wow. Thank you so much :D

I need to get a hold of photoshop and a big user manual.

Thanks again :D
That is the worst idea in the history of entertainment since Abraham Lincoln said, "I'm sick of kicking around the house all day, let's go take in a show."
den_perry
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby Doorstop » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:44 pm

Pleasure .. now make sure you contribute a bit, doesn't have to be photos - conversation and debate will do just nicely, and repay the wee debt.

Enjoy your time here by all means my friend, but you'll get more out if you put a bit in first.

Look forward to hearing from you. :D

ps. Full size version PM'd to you .. that'll be better to work with for your canvas.
I like him ... He says "Okie Dokie!"
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:03 pm

Doorstop nominated for being helpful to newbie in HG New Year awrds.
"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby den_perry » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:04 pm

Many thanks again mate. That's really kind of you.

Got a discount voucher for Kodak site that is only valid for 24hours. Getting a £50 voucher for £15. Tried to place order there but not taking card details. Think it is something to do with the wikileaks visa protest.

I will definitely log in and contribute here and there. Seems a good forum with a lot of nice people. Want to take a few photos for my flat as I won't be content with just "off the shelf stuff".

Got a wee interest in photography from school, which I was encouraged to pursue then but never did. Time to pursue that now I think. Not got the best equipment (oh er.. :oops: ::): ) but apparently it's all about what you do with it anyway ::): .
den_perry
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby banjo » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:43 pm

aye ,well done doorstop.just hope brian potter doesnt get news of this deed.
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Return to Photo Sharing