Glasgow Mod Weekender

Showcase your photographs - this will be split between Glasgow photography and everything else.

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Glasgow Mod Weekender

Postby stevie fae cranhill » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:41 am

Here's a wee video i put together of the annual Glasgow Mod Weekender (Mod as in 'We Are The Mods, We Are The Mods etc, etc).

Taking place on the streets and clubs of Glasgow, the Mod Weekender brings together Mods and Scooterists from all over the world for a weekend of action packed 'Modism'.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2029882/glasgow_mod_weekender/

The pictures from the Weekender were taken by Henry & Gillian McInnes of Glasgow
stevie fae cranhill
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Re: Glasgow Mod Weekender

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:17 am

Please delete the above post and paste it in the Mod weekender thread, Thanks.

http://www.hiddenglasgow.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=7226&p=148271&hilit=Mod+weekender#p148271
"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby stevie fae cranhill » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:40 am

Well, i've moved it but i'm not sure about being able to delete it - maybe because there's a reply attached - i'll leave it to the other kind of 'mods' to do the business...
stevie fae cranhill
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Alex Glass » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:44 pm

Dexter leave the guy alone. ::):

Stevie he is at the wind-up. :roll:

The clue is in the fact that the post above yours in that other thread explains which Mod that thread refers to.

I am sure the Mods - that is moderators of the site - will not be deleting this thread as it is a different subject from the one Dex has told you to post it in :wink:
Alex Glass
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby scottwramsay » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:52 pm

Alex - I think maybe you've got the wrong kind of Mod - the post you refer to - "...the post above yours in that other thread..." - does indeed talk about the Gaelic variety, but as far as I can see it's just a semi-humourous bit of advertising in a thread otherwise dedicated to the same event Stevie's photographed...

8O

My head hurts.
http://www.flickr.com/scottwramsay/
scottwramsay
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:49 am

Alex is used to having officials summarise things for him. Sometimes he breaks ranks and writes letters himself.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby stevie fae cranhill » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:28 am

i didn't find the archive post when i originally posted this one but, as i've now posted it with the correct post, i dont really mind if this post is deleted (i believe this would be a kind of post-operative manouver so i'll leave it to the post operatives).

i wouldn't mind knowing though how to insert a YouTube video directly into a post here as it doesn't seem to work when i try...maybe its to do with my browser...
stevie fae cranhill
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Alex Glass » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:30 pm

Dexter St. Clair wrote:Alex is used to having officials summarise things for him. Sometimes he breaks ranks and writes letters himself.

::): ::): ::):

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Yes I didn't read the whole thread and just assumed that the post by Dimairt summed up the thread and was discussing the Annual National Mod. :oops:

However, I still think it was more appropriate for Stevie's thread to continue in the open forum rather that be part of an archived thread :)

So now that is cleared up and I am sufficiently embarrassed - does anyone have anything relevant to add about the Mods :wink:

PS Sorry Dex for having the cheek to question your authority :wink:
Alex Glass
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: Glasgow Mod Hogmonay

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:33 am

Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby stevie fae cranhill » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:31 pm

I was actually reminded of this joke recently:

It was the Big Yin cartoon in the Sunday Mail, when the Gaelic Mod didn't have a venue to hold the yearly "Gathering" and the comment was "Were are we gaun tae haud the Mod?" and the cartoon Skinhead said "Up against a wa' an kick his heid in!"

by the way, i'm hoping to get to that New Years Eve party - how are the ticket sales going?
stevie fae cranhill
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby hazy » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:52 pm

Alex Glass wrote:
Dexter St. Clair wrote:Alex is used to having officials summarise things for him. Sometimes he breaks ranks and writes letters himself.

::): ::): ::):

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Yes I didn't read the whole thread and just assumed that the post by Dimairt summed up the thread and was discussing the Annual National Mod. :oops:

However, I still think it was more appropriate for Stevie's thread to continue in the open forum rather that be part of an archived thread :)

So now that is cleared up and I am sufficiently embarrassed - does anyone have anything relevant to add about the Mods :wink:

PS Sorry Dex for having the cheek to question your authority :wink:

Alex thanks for that laugh cheered me up to no end.
I Have just bought a new pair of boots form London and one of my many tootal mod scarfs will see action at the Mod Party I hope stevie from cranhill
Thank you. And why not.
hazy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Return to Photo Sharing