Views from a West Highland train

Showcase your photographs - this will be split between Glasgow photography and everything else.

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Views from a West Highland train

Postby peter » Thu May 31, 2007 2:45 pm

"I've seen them come and I've seen them go. And I've seen them Die"
peter
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: Views from a West Highland train

Postby Schiehallion » Thu May 31, 2007 8:36 pm

peter wrote:Image

If I had a quid for every time I cast a fly round that big bend in the Fillan at Crianlarich.

peter wrote:Image

Is that the wee loch just south of Corrour station Peter? I used to fish there all the time if it is.

That's some house at Corrour Station right enough, changed days from when Chicken George lived there!
Schiehallion
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Flash_Andy » Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:00 pm

Nice pictures..... but the view is ruined by those horrible words and generally crap transport company First. God!!! I want that company to go bust! I hate the First group and their bland garish liveried trains and buses:x Geez they even paint the stations in that crap purple and pink paint!! :x

Sorry about the rant but the First Group really annoy me! :oops:
Flash_Andy
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Schiehallion » Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:30 pm

Flash_Andy wrote:Nice pictures..... but the view is ruined by those horrible words and generally crap transport company First. God!!! I want that company to go bust! I hate the First group and their bland garish liveried trains and buses:x Geez they even paint the stations in that crap purple and pink paint!! :x

Sorry about the rant but the First Group really annoy me! :oops:

Eh?? I think those stations are very tastefully painted in that kinda cream and green? And as for the train, it's not any more garish than any other train company, airline or whatever. Do you go bananas at the tail logos of British Airways planes or the funnel of P&O ferries?
Schiehallion
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Knight of the Thistle » Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:45 pm

I agree with "Flash Andy" the old Scot Rail livery was far better than that of first. Also you can no longer enjoy a trip to Fort Bill as First have replaced the class 37s on the sleeper with a "modern loco" which always breaks down! :(
Knight of the Thistle
First Stripe
First Stripe

Return to Photo Sharing