Help required

Discuss everything about photography such as technique, post-processing, printing, etc

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Help required

Postby AlexM » Mon Dec 25, 2006 6:17 am

I`m trying to get my hands on any work by photographer Oscar Marzaroli who also produced some fine documentaries circa 60` & 70`s. I`ve been in contact with the Scottish Film Archives and heard nothing yet!!
AlexM
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby John » Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:44 am

Go to http://www.amazon.co.uk and you will find several books of prints available. His best book Shades of Grey is hard to find these days but can be found second hand if you look.

Lovely work and he is the man who got me into photography.

I am not sure what you could do to see his film work though. I have seen some on TV several years ago.

Cheers

J
'It's a sad day for capitalism when a man can't fly a midget on a kite over Central Park'
John
-
-

Postby ghiribizzo » Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:20 pm

AbeBooks can often throw up books not found on Amazon, bookshops in US and UK may post books they have for sale.

I searched for Marzaroli and got: this
ghiribizzo
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby AlexM » Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:24 pm

Many thanks to you both, I`ll be giving both a good look. For your information, I appeared in one of Oscars doc`s when he was filiming at Davy United football ground, behind Polmadie railway works and am trying to get my hands on it, apart from his other stuff of course. Also, didn`t he take the photo of the two young boys playing the street circa late 1950`s.

Cheers
Alex
AlexM
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby MacotheIsles » Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:14 pm

I've got the Oscar Mazarolli book 'Glasgow, Shades of Grey' here. Very interesting and a fantastic record of how places, attitudes, lifestyles, etc have changed. So many places are no longer there of course - my favourite shots are of the railway goods yard at Kelvinbridge and the canal shots.
MacotheIsles
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby AlexM » Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:33 am

I got my hands on `Shades of Scotland` from a second hand shop on Charing Cross Road, excellent.
AlexM
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Return to Photography