Model Railways and other Wee Worlds

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Model Railways and other Wee Worlds

Postby Alycidon » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:30 pm

Pete Waterman was there all weekend, doing a presentation on his layout, by all accounts a very approachable and nice bloke. Good exhibition, I was in on Sunday.
BTW this months Railway Modeller has an extensive feature on the Cathcart Circle, with a map of Cathcart Station and some then and now shots.

JBH
[img]http://www.jhowie.force9.co.uk/emu314carcream.gif[/img]

We must perform a Quirkafleeg!!!!
Alycidon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby BrigitDoon » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:42 pm

Heljan are bringing out a selection of Class 52 Westerns in OO scale.

*drool* :)

Desert sand, Maroon (2 versions) and a Blue one. Which one? :? Or one of each? :D
UXB
BrigitDoon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby ClanClass » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:44 pm

Clan Buchanan is one beautiful model. I go to Hamley's in Glasgow just to look at her. I want!

I also want a BR Green A4 to go alongside my LNER Blue Mallard...

Y'know what I wish Hornby or Bachmann would do? A model of the refurbished 318! I love those trains and want a model of one desperately!

Alycidon wrote:Anyone go a colour photograph of the front of Buchanan Street Station, I have plenty of black and white ones of all angles, just need something to get the general colour scheme

Sorry to go off topic, but where did you get that sprite of the 314 in your sig? That's pretty sweet and I wonder if there's a 318 available somewhere.
ClanClass
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby aland » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:33 pm

bratchell models do a 318, not too bad a kit to build. if I ever get round to putting the wires up on my layout Maiden Central there will be a 318 and dc kits 303 on it, original tar and puke livery though. they ruined the 318's with the refurb, too much like a rancid 334.
aland
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Alycidon » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:18 pm

ClanClass wrote:Clan Buchanan is one beautiful model. I go to Hamley's in Glasgow just to look at her. I want!

I also want a BR Green A4 to go alongside my LNER Blue Mallard...

Y'know what I wish Hornby or Bachmann would do? A model of the refurbished 318! I love those trains and want a model of one desperately!

Alycidon wrote:Anyone go a colour photograph of the front of Buchanan Street Station, I have plenty of black and white ones of all angles, just need something to get the general colour scheme

Sorry to go off topic, but where did you get that sprite of the 314 in your sig? That's pretty sweet and I wonder if there's a 318 available somewhere.

I was once subscribed to the Railway Screensaver http://www.railway32.net/, and adapted the 314 from a BR blue 313 that was on that site, think there may have been a southern unit on there that could have been adapted to a 318.

BTW have you seen this site http://www.auchinraith.photos.gb.com/ drool!!!

Alycidon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby BrigitDoon » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:07 pm

Auchinraith is a ficticious station to the south of Glasgow between East Kilbride and Blantyre. The real line closed pre WW2, but it is imagined that history is rather different!

I should bloody well think so! That line evidently runs right through my bombshelter; no wonder things keep spontaneously destructifying in here. It's the ghost trains passing through. 8O
UXB
BrigitDoon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby ClanClass » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:17 pm

aland wrote:bratchell models do a 318, not too bad a kit to build. if I ever get round to putting the wires up on my layout Maiden Central there will be a 318 and dc kits 303 on it, original tar and puke livery though. they ruined the 318's with the refurb, too much like a rancid 334.

I really love the 318s refurbed. Unfortunetly, Bratchell have not done the refurbed version, which sucks. :(
ClanClass
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby BrigitDoon » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:34 am

Just sprung to mind, two books that I used to own: The Complete Car Modeller 1 & 2 by Gerald Wingrove.

I bought them because they were nice things to have and I could admire the wizardry of someone far more able than me at building little things. Scratchbuilt Bentleys and Bugattis, I think were the featured pieces, all fashioned from copper and welded using silver solder.
UXB
BrigitDoon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby aland » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:50 pm

ClanClass wrote:
aland wrote:bratchell models do a 318, not too bad a kit to build. if I ever get round to putting the wires up on my layout Maiden Central there will be a 318 and dc kits 303 on it, original tar and puke livery though. they ruined the 318's with the refurb, too much like a rancid 334.

I really love the 318s refurbed. Unfortunetly, Bratchell have not done the refurbed version, which sucks. :(

cant be too difficult a job to convert, cut the gangway connection off and glue on a lump of plastikard, isnt that what Hunslet barclay did with the real things. there wasnt any other exterior mods apart from repainting. and you dont need to bother with the interior
aland
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby ClanClass » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:48 pm

Does the gangway come off? I'd be very afriad if it didn't considering I don't want to spend £90 on something I'll likely just break.

Alycidon wrote:BTW have you seen this site http://www.auchinraith.photos.gb.com/ drool!!!

ClanClass
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Alycidon » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:30 pm

The latest from my own wee bit of 1960s Glasgow. "Buchanan Street" is starting to take shape, it will look more like the real thing once I build the canopy for the front.

Alycidon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby BrigitDoon » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:34 pm

How big is the wee tardis on the inside? ;)
UXB
BrigitDoon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby banjo » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:15 pm

as big as your imagination wants it to be brigit.
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:01 pm

Compare the Bright buildings you've constructed with the soot clad tenements in your photographic backdrop. You need a whole bunch of HG tobacco addicts for a smoker.
"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Alycidon » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:14 pm

Good comment Dex - once it is finished the big weathering brush will be brought out!!

The Tardis has materialised in an awkward place, a big corpie bus is bearing down on is as we speak!! Should actually be a trolley bus, but I aint putting up overhead wires.

Alycidon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)