Thank You, Thank You

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Thank You, Thank You

Postby RapidAssistant » Wed May 15, 2013 1:05 pm

Always a pleasure to view your material - thank you from me. Any ideas of what future photographic projects may be? - I'm sure many of us have some requests.
RapidAssistant
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby RapidAssistant » Wed May 15, 2013 1:06 pm

RapidAssistant wrote:Always a pleasure to view your material - thank you from me. Any ideas of what future photographic projects may be? - I'm sure many of us have some requests for you.
RapidAssistant
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Mori » Wed May 15, 2013 4:32 pm

A lovely man is oor Robert Pool, here he is recording the history on behalf of the Lyceum Govan a while back, i'm hoping to work with him again in the near future. You do your city proud Robert ! :D well done for the flicker 2m hit.

Mori
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Giblets On Croute » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:31 pm

Quality material Roberto, as usual :D
It's business , not personal.
Giblets On Croute
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby dimairt » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:14 am

Hi Robert, came across this item in a local museum in Uig, Lewis. Any ideas what might have been in it?

Durachdan,

Eddy

dimairt
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby robertpool » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:13 pm

looks like an old late 1800s early 1900s butter container
robertpool
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby HollowHorn » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:04 pm

Na mate, it's just a bit of clever advertising on mass produced chanty pots.
Yes Bridie, you do.
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby HollowHorn » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:05 pm

Of course, you do have to be able to read upside down, btw.
Yes Bridie, you do.
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby robertpool » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:49 pm

::):
robertpool
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby robertpool » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:13 pm

I must thank many of you for helping me reach 3 Million All Time Views on Flickr.

The first million took 1614 days with an average of 619 views per day. The second million took 447 days with an average of 2237 views per day. The third million took 199 days with an average of 5025 views per day. Thanks to all who viewed any of my images.

Flickr 3 Million All Time Views by Robert Pool's Glasgow Collection, on Flickr
robertpool
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby The Egg Man » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:34 pm

Excellent.

Your collection is a national treasure and we're pleased you share it with us.
I hear the people sing.
The Egg Man
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby robertpool » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:57 pm

Flickr 4 million all time views by Robert Pool's Glasgow Collection, on Flickr

When l started to put my collection up on Flickr back in 2007 l did not imagine for a moment that it would ever reach 1 million views. I remember feeling quite chuffed when l would get 50 views in a day. Here l am again thanking everyone for helping me reach four million all time views. Over the years l have been contacted on a number of occasions from people thanking me for uploading a particular image of a letterhead or advert that one of their ancestors either owned or worked for and this is what makes it all worth while. I have been fortunate to have had a few items donated to the collection and to those few people l thank you very much, every item l have received is greatly appreciated. I have also been lucky enough to have had some of my images published over the years with my favourite being 'Played in Glasgow' by Ged O'Brien which is the ultimate in sports book related to Glasgow. I had 10 photos used in that particular book. Ged O'Brien and editor Simon Inglis of the 'Played in Britain' series of books were kind enough to give me a signed copy of the book at it's release in the Mitchell Library during the 'Aye Write' book festival a few years ago. Once again thanks to everyone who has visited my Flickr account and l hope you found something of interest.

"An exhaustive volume of original research... part of the uniformly brilliant Played in Britain series. — The Observer"
"Played in Glasgow is a superb addition to the lexicography of sport in Glasgow, and, in my opinion, the most intelligent, informative, well-researched and wonderfully readable of any that I have ever come across. — Mike Stanger, cricketscotland"
"If sport without a history is sport without a soul, O'Brien has struck a blow for preserving that soul. — Doug Gillon, The Herald"
"Excellent photography and detailed with the care of a first-class reference work. — Local News Glasgow"
"Superbly written... beautifully designed, and brimming with dozens of mouth watering photographs and illustrations, Played in Glasgow is an excellent addition to what is turning out be a superlative series of books. — Groundtastic Magazine
"Overtly, Played in Glasgow is about sporting heritage, but really it is about one of the most appealing of human emotions, enthusiasm... O'Brien has written not only a fine book but also a good piece of ethnology. — John Burnett, Folk Life: Journal of Ethnological Studies"

Flickr 4 Million All Time Views. The first million took 1614 days with an average of 619 views per day. The second million took 447 days with an average of 2237 views per day. The third million took 199 days with an average of 5025 views per day. The fourth million took 84 days with an average of 11905 views per day. Thanks to all who viewed any of my images.
robertpool
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby banjo » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:33 am

a pleasure robert.
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby robertpool » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:22 am

Flickr 5 Million All Time Views by Robert Pool's Glasgow Collection, on Flickr

Flickr 5 Million All Time Views. The first million took 1614 days with an average of 619 views per day. The second million took 447 days with an average of 2237 views per day. The third million took 199 days with an average of 5025 views per day. The fourth million took 84 days with an average of 11905 views per day. The fifth million took 64 days with an average of 15,625 views per day ( l think that's about as good as it's going to get) Thanks to all who viewed any of my images.
robertpool
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby enailer » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:10 pm

Thank You for the link to your flickr account. What a fantastic way to spend a Sunday morning/afternoon I even got to see my old living room wall in the Plean St photos. Cant wait till after teatime to go back.
Lookin out through a Whisky coloured haze
enailer
First Stripe
First Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)