Best thing all day!
Thanks,
MD
MungoDundas
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Re: Toilet facilities

Postby Timchilli » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:50 pm

Wonder what they'll do with the ironwork from the old Glasgow Cross Station now that the St Vincent Street shit-lockers are to be closed. Hope they're preserved somewhere.

Also wonder where all the "gentlemen" will relocate to... I don't wonder too much, incidentally.
»»» Timelapse : Glasgow «««

»»» A History of Scotstoun ««« (UPDATED: 26 June 2007)
Timchilli
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Mori » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:33 pm

Reference: 09/00322/DC Community Cnl: Anderston (Inactive)
Address: Public Toilet 43 St Vincent Place Glasgow
Proposal: Demolition and reconstruction of existing public toilet.
Date Received: 09.02.2009 Date Valid: 25.03.2009
Applicant
Details: Glasgow City Council
Agent Details: 01249 822 063
Healthmatic Ltd
Per Mr A Davies Redman Road Porte-Marsh Industrial Estate
Ward: Anderston/City
Type: Full Planning Permission
Case Officer: Ms L Pasi, 0141 287 6029 (NOT FRI)
Listing: Cons Area: Central Area
Map Reference: (E) 259053 (N) 665393

Reference: 09/00730/DC Community Cnl: Anderston (Inactive)
Address: Public Toilet 43 St Vincent Place Glasgow
Proposal: Demolition of existing public toilet.
Date Received: 25.03.2009 Date Valid: 25.03.2009
Applicant
Details: Glasgow City Council
Agent Details: 01249 822 063
Healthmatic Ltd
Per Mr A Davies Redman Road Porte-Marsh Industrial Estate
Ward: Anderston/City
Type: Conservation Area Consent
Case Officer: Ms L Pasi, 0141 287 6029 (NOT FRI)
Listing: Cons Area: Central Area
Map Reference: (E) 259053 (N) 665393

Mori
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Quality Mince » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:02 pm

I'm sure the Georgic Pub in Shawlands never had a female toilet until about 10 years ago??
Quality Mince
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby scaryman2u » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:24 pm

Quality Mince wrote:I'm sure the Georgic Pub in Shawlands never had a female toilet until about 10 years ago??

Sounds about right QM Howdens bar on Paisley Road West was much the same...recognised as a mans bar :)
scaryman2u
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby tombro » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:01 am

Question is, Clearheart, is she really a wee lady ?

If the responses around yours are any indication, I don't know !

Tombro :?:
Today is the first day of the rest of your life !
tombro
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Mori » Tue May 05, 2009 1:22 am

Item 1J

APPLICATION TYPE RECOMMENDATION Full Planning Permission Grant Subject to Condition(s)

APPLICATION SITE ADDRESS 09/00461/DC DATE VALID 16.03.2009 Public Toilet 281A West Campbell Street Glasgow G2 2EB
PROPOSAL External alterations to public conveniences including formation of two entrances and formation of pedestrian footway.

REPRESENTATIONS/ CONSULTATIONS
One letter of objection to the proposal has been received from the company occupying the premises across the
street. The relevant points of objection can be summarised as follows:-
• During the works and thereafter there will be a considerable amount of rubbish and litter left in the
surrounding area.
• The works shall have an adverse impact upon the surrounding area.
Transport Planning : No objection.
SITE AND DESCRIPTION
The application site is a public toilet situated underneath the Sauchiehall Centre car park entrance ramp on
West Campbell Street. The existing toilets are accessed by a pedestrian footway which runs behind the
entrance ramp before emerging onto West Campbell street near the Sauchiehall Street junction. The premises
are located within the Central Conservation Area and designated as within the Principal Retail Area of the
Glasgow City Plan (Adopted) 2003.

GSV Location
Mori
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Mori » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:54 pm

Item 9 (4 pages)

Former Peel Street Public Toilets
Peel Street/Burghhall Street, Partick

Purpose of Report:

To inform the Sub-Committee on the failure to conclude Missives in respect of the proposed
disposal of the subjects and to advise the Sub-Committee of subsequent interest in the subjects.

Recommendations:

That the Sub-Committee notes the above position and authorises the Director of Development
and regeneration Services to investigate the proposals of Partick Housing Association Ltd.
Further, in the event that the Housing Association’s proposals fall through then the property is to
be advertised for sale on the open market.
Mori
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby hungryjoe » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:59 pm

Quality Mince wrote:I'm sure the Georgic Pub in Shawlands never had a female toilet until about 10 years ago??

The Bay Horse (there were 2) was the last pub in Glasgow to refuse to serve women. Their argument was that they didn't have ladies' toilets. The cooncil told them, nae lavvies - nae license.

There used to ba a pub at the Barras called The Oxford Tavern, the "ladies'" was a pail in the corner.

When my dad had The Treble Two in Abercrobmie St. the hairdresser next door had no toilet. The ladies, staff and customers had to use the pub's lavvy. This was made more entertaining for the customers by the mynah bird which wolf whistled and shouted "get them off, get them off" every time a lady entered the premises.
Multi dinero, multi ficky fick, multi divorce.
hungryjoe
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby lexurian » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:57 pm

Hey folks, I actally just joined the forum, although I've lurked here frequently, to ask this question: What on earth has happened to the St Vincent toilets? - the 'refurbishment' seems to have turned them into an East-European punishment block, right slap-bang in one of the finest streets in Glasgow - pease tell me I'm dreaming. They're surely not going to stay like that??? If so how on Earth was this allowed? Who do you complain to? Does anyone know someone with a JCB? I can't believe it's real, I really can't.
lexurian
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby BrigitDoon » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:25 am

I know someone with a JCB. He wouldn't stop at the loos, though. ::):
UXB
BrigitDoon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby oldphilosophy » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:10 pm

Glasgow loo's are not that bad after you've experienced Glastonbury. I notice there is not a 'boak' smilie ;)
oldphilosophy
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby BrigitDoon » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:31 pm

By Glastonbury, you mean the festival? That's at Pilton which is just down the road from Shepton Mallet. The rest of Somerset knowns this as Shit'n'Smellit. They say the man who runs it has his head on upside-down presumably so he doesn't smell what wafts up from underfoot.

I lived ten miles away for nearly forty years and never went. Very few of us did. Our local was a much better place to spend a weekend.
UXB
BrigitDoon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Bing Buzby » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:01 am

Somebody at the home of Scottish cricket, The Grange in Edinburgh, has to get their arse and thier head wired together. At the Scotland v Australia one day test back in August the match the sums were:

4000 punters
90 overs
8 hours
Deuchars on tap
10 lavies

Something had to give.
Bing Buzby
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby oldphilosophy » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:00 pm

BrigitDoon wrote:By Glastonbury, you mean the festival? That's at Pilton which is just down the road from Shepton Mallet. The rest of Somerset knowns this as Shit'n'Smellit. They say the man who runs it has his head on upside-down presumably so he doesn't smell what wafts up from underfoot.

I lived ten miles away for nearly forty years and never went. Very few of us did. Our local was a much better place to spend a weekend.

Yes I mean the festival, the town is lovely. If I lived close I would go to see a band I like then leave but I wouldn't go for the weekend ever again. At night its like the night of the living dead. While I was there one lassie tried to burn down her tent with her friends in it and there were loads of robberies and at least one rape.

I rather enjoyed one psychotic guy who told me there were flyers/posters going about announcing he was gay and that on several stages his image was being flashed up on the big screens telling the crowd he was gay. What a way to come out, some bastard announced it to Glasto!

I can believe the toilets can be experienced several miles away..'boak'
oldphilosophy
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)