Suggest a site?

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Suggest a site?

Postby Sharon » Fri Jun 27, 2003 3:54 pm

Do you know of somewhere thats been abandoned, is falling into disrepair or even about to be abandoned?

Or do you know of any old military structures wartime or other???

Or of any of the tunnels under the city?

Let us know!!!!
Beware of yawning dogs.
Sharon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Old Gas Holders

Postby jim » Tue Oct 07, 2003 4:05 pm

Just got back from exploring the disused gas holders near Maxwell Drive in the Southside.
After much squeezing through dense undergrowth I reached the first of two huge, rusting iron domes. Like something from a Bond movie. (There is a bad smell of gas so don't have a fag while you are there.) To get inside and record the acoustics would be ideal, but I could'nt find an entrance. There are plenty of signs advertising 'deep excavations' so my guess is that there is more to be discovered here. Its very tempting to walk out onto these structures, alas this would probably be suicidal.
Enter through a gap in the fence on Maxwell Drive, then up to the right to another gap. After this bear left over a patch of waste ground.
jim
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby JRP » Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:56 am

In Old Kilpatrick, next to Bowling, there is a cul-de-sac called Gavinburn Gardens. At the end of it, you can see some old structures which appear to be giant silos or fuel containers. I've spoken to a number of people, and nobody seems to know exactly what this site is for, or how it can be accessed.

I will continue to investigate, but any info would be appreciated.
JRP
Just settling in
Just settling in

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)