Bums, hippies and Greenpeace

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby turbozutek » Sat May 15, 2004 6:45 pm

I'm sure no one hates you for your opinions.

In fact it is a good thing to see someone stick to them regardless of what others or the world around think.

Personally I think it's all bollocks ted. ::):

Chris...
turbozutek
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: ooopla

Postby kn0wledge » Sat May 15, 2004 6:49 pm

cataclyzm wrote:Well: so now we blame people for having a drug addiction? Whilst the breweries and publicans are definitely not drug pushers are they? They definitely don't feed a habit, and people who smoke are definitely not drug addicts are they?

Alcoholics, nicotine addicts, smackheads, crackheads and meth-heads are to blame for their own addictions. This concept of blaming everyone but the addicts themselves is disgusting. People get addicted because they have addictive personalities or are too weak to turn it down or stop.

Every time I hear the "It's Not Their Fault" brigade bleat on about how junkies aren't to blame for their addictions, I hear violin and piano music playing in the background, as a soft accompaniment to their loud whining.
Eat a ham for Jesus.
kn0wledge
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby germistonguy » Sun May 16, 2004 1:07 am

kn0wledge wrote:Apollo: Just tell them that idiotic political correctness is for left-wing morons. :>

No K, ..you mean morons who pretend to be left wing.

You'll probably find your PC lot (mainly women) come from nice well-off, middle class families Their faithers are golf playing right wingers or at worst liberals, you get the picture?

They tag onto PC in their first year at uni. It is a nice easy way of rebelling against the patriarchy of their social class.

For most, the novelty wears off the year after graduating, when they realise that practicing PC, or showing left-wing tendencies aint gonna get them a nice safe middle class job - unless of course they end up lecturing in gender studies.

If you ever happen upon a guy that is seriously PC, its probably part of a plan to win the 'see who can shag the course dyke first' challenge (that was course of course, not coarse) ::):

This PC lot wouldn't know left wing if it bit them on the arse.

Have a walk through the Garngad or Sighthill, where most of the residents are left-wing by social class and voting habits, and observe the political correctness displayed there. You will see that PC and left-wing don't really go hand-in-hand
germistonguy
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby turbozutek » Sun May 16, 2004 2:39 am

And thank god for that.

I only have to physically kill someone without thier consent these days and some idiot somewhere is screaming 'Murder'!!

It's political correctness gone mad I tell you!

::):

Chris...
turbozutek
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Kirsty » Sun May 16, 2004 7:09 am

My Nana told me never to talk about, religion, politics or sex.

But anyway,

Cat I understand what you are saying at that you are cross, but come on this is a humourous forum. the think police are already monitoring us probably and our houses will be raided for our non politically correct comments and we will be made scape goats to take the heat off Peirs Morgan.

Anyone of us could find ourselves within in the grasp of alchohol or drug abuse ans yes like you I have known family members who have died through it no matter what help was made available to them.

BUT that is the thing, help is available through FREE 12 step programmes which if practised do work. I know this through experience.

I live in a red light area, I don't want the drug addicted prostitutes to be there, However as long as there is men willing to pay them pennies for whatever service they provide, then they will continue to supply it.

There was a homeless man in Springburn called Robert who lived down by the railway and my wee brother and his pals decided to build him a new hut. He was ragin!! He liked his old hut.

My Sunday morning sermon is over.

Kirsty
Kirsty
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

ok

Postby cataclyzm » Sun May 16, 2004 10:35 am

It's odd,

In UK society, someone always has to be blamed for everything. It's seeb as your own fault or someone else's fault, and with no real understanding that sometimes things just happen.
What frustrates me, and which I actually find despairing and sad, is that people are so quick to judge and condemn others when you have absolutely no idea what brought them to that place of being. Maybe you think that is "bollocks", if so, then I think you have issues to confront in your own life.
Do you know what, yes it's true, sometimes in life, people are victims of circumstances(often unimaginable) and usually within "families". Conditional love and obligations of fulfilment that some "parents" require of their children, regardless of wealth or poverty or where they live.
I believe that most parents demand certain things from their children, and in turn, those children become unhappy adults, who go on to do the same from other members of society.
We're all expected to aspire to the same "dream" of owning a house and having a healthy bank balance, when many of us have learned that there's a whole lot more to life than these temporary and fleeting goals that never bring contentment or peace.
I think a lot of the pain and resentment in this forum, regarding the homeless/ the chemically addicted/the mentally ill, are about that precious "goal" which so many assimilate as their own, not being a part of those disenfranchised people's lives. I think the anger in blaming those victims of society, comes from the cruelty of those childhood days, and that conditional love, that obligation "to do" and "to have", and bollocks to who you really are. The anger and misunderstanding is from your own fears, and your own personal dislike of who you really are and the lives you have , and the goals you so would like to please those "others".
I think you've condemned those, who are so unlike you, and that difference frightens you, because in that difference exists all that you have failed to confront in your life and the conditional love you received from those who could have and should have loved you unconditionally, but chose not to. So you have every right to be angry, but it's sad to pick the most vulnerable and there is no way I am going to back down from defending those people.
You might not like me for doing it, but I believe in truth - not just partial blame and fearful judgment.
Maybe one day you will learn to like and love yourselves, when others couldn't, but until you have the courage to confront that challenge, leave the poor and vulnerable alone.
cataclyzm
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby turbozutek » Sun May 16, 2004 3:45 pm

Kirsty wrote: the think police are already monitoring us probably

Think police ? At last, for once in my life I can be released without charge!

Wooo Whooo..

::):

Chris...
turbozutek
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Fossil » Sun May 16, 2004 8:29 pm

Bum tit tit bum tit tit play yer hairy banjo
Fossil
-
-

Postby turbozutek » Sun May 16, 2004 9:11 pm

Kirsty wrote:My Nana told me never to talk about, religion, politics or sex.

Now that you have knocked over the religion and politics when is the discussion on Sex, Kirsty ? :?:

Just so I can be sure and tune in... ::):

Chris...
turbozutek
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Bex Bissell » Fri May 21, 2004 2:35 pm

I'm in no way mocking the plight of genuine homeless and it's a bloody disgrace that such a thing still exists in this counrty in this day and age, but on a light hearted note, who was your favourite toon down n out, was it the bag lady and her trolley, Ghetto Blaster Girl, the old man who played the twin tin flutes, perhaps it's the fella who rode a bike with a cat upon his sholder or even pet shoe?
Mine was "pet shoe", he frequented Central station throughout the eighties. One of the moderators knows quite a bit about this fellow. :wink: and how he came to be kicking about a hush puppy.
It's a true riches too rags tale. :cry:
Oh, the humanity!
Bex Bissell
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Kirsty » Fri May 21, 2004 2:47 pm

I remember the girl with the Ghetto Blaster. We called her "HiFi" She died a couple of years ago. The Newsbox in Gordon Street had loads of wee floral tributes and cards stuck to it.

Kirsty

You know I was watching Kim and Aggie the other week and it was this woman who lived in West london in a big fancy house and hadn't cleaned it for 25 Years, she was classed as eccentric, the house was absolutley minging!! I was watching it thinking if she lived in Easterhouse or some other estate she would be under the care of social services or evicted!!
Kirsty
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Bex Bissell » Fri May 21, 2004 3:07 pm

I'm sorry to hear about HiFi's passing.
On the subject of Clatty folk, what about A Life Of Grime this week, hells teeth and buckets of blood, and that poor old sod that lost his missus.
He was throwing the contents of his tea cup (top of a flask) out the window on to the poor misfortunates below his highrise window, and it didnt look like it was Typhoo that was being despatched from the said receptacle. Heugh :x
Life of Grime. Monday nights BBC1 8O
Oh, the humanity!
Bex Bissell
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby KonstantinL » Fri May 21, 2004 3:33 pm

I'm no fan of Tony Parsons but he did write one good essay about the decline of the working class. In it he said the real tragedy of people begging (genuine or not) was that it made the general public completely heartless. You had to become utterly compassionless just to walk down the street these days.

Today a tinker in Partick asked me for "25p, I want a bag of chips for ma lunch"
KonstantinL
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Kirsty » Fri May 21, 2004 3:40 pm

I saw that one too. Did you see his Lavvy, they had the cheek to clean it for the next tenant! 8O 8O

Kirsty
Kirsty
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby AMcD » Fri May 21, 2004 3:47 pm

I saw that program as well.... if I remember correctly they were cleaning it to throw it out, because the plumbers wouldnae touch it the state it was in.

He'd managed to knock a huge dangerous looking dod out of the porcelain and still managed to shite all over it for months afterwards. A truly remarkable feat ! :D

The worst thing on that program was the guys who have to unblock the rubbish chutes in Tower Hamlets... manky looking work. 8O
Allan
AMcD
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)