Hmmmmm.....Alien War 1991-92

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby deebers » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:39 pm

Just a wee update:

Alien War will be brought back this Oct to Glasgow for its 15th Anniversary, the unit will be total mobile and can be flat packed and taken to other venues, next will be London, then Europe, Japan and finally the USA. Also in production is The Alien War Story http://www.alienwarstory.com a full documentary that will be broadcast to coincide with the opening Alien War!
Ehhh... cool. Whatever you say, I'm sorry. You're the man. The dude in the chair.
View my Blog
deebers
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby deebers » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:45 pm

Some more news from: Haunted attractions

The Predator to join Alien War? Exclusive News
Not content with bringing back the amazing Alien War attraction it seems that Gary Gillies and the team may be about to add something special to the mix. The most recent film in the Alien franchise was called AvP (Alien vs Predator) and a sequel is due to be released in 2008. To tie in with this, the creative team are looking at the possibility of re-launching the attraction which will feature both Alien Xenomorphs and Predators. Visitors to the attraction will then get caught in the middle of the battle between species. The attraction will run as Alien War but on selected times they will put on a special show..... AVP Wars!
Ehhh... cool. Whatever you say, I'm sorry. You're the man. The dude in the chair.
View my Blog
deebers
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby deebers » Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:52 am

Click here to view the latest Alien War concept pics

I'm really racking my brain wondering which venue they're going to use for this one. The Arches was fantastic!
View my Blog
deebers
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Re: Hmmmmm.....Alien War 1991-92

Postby deebers » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:43 pm

Hi everyone, its been a while since our last up-date so here is the news....Alien War will now not be opening in Glasgow, (sorry to all our Scottish fans) as we have been offered amazing central property in London and this is what we will focus on so Alien War will open in London April 2008

Ah bollocks… Glasgow's been dumped.
View my Blog
deebers
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby ronan » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:27 am

An outrage.

I'm writing to my MSP about this!
ronan
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Peekay » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:59 pm

The thing I remember about the Arches one was at the end when the Alien comes into the lift you all go running terrified straight into a brightly lit gift shop with hundreds of the buggers staring at you(albeit small ones). I thought "F**k that!" and kept running. Probably not the best place to site the shop!

PK
Peekay
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby onyirtodd » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:18 pm

ronan wrote:An outrage.

I'm writing to my MSP about this!

Ah widnae bother. There's no' wan o' them worth the price ' a stamp.
238 to 127. All in all a good afternoon's work
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby deebers » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:26 pm

Looks like it's a possibility that it may actually be coming back to Glasgow for at least six months from October this year. I got this from the Alien War MySpace page:

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Alien War News.

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the long delay but so much has been happening and there has been a lot of changes, the first news is London will now not happen this year but to keep things "ticking over" we will open Alien War this October at a famous venue here in the UK and we will be operating there for at least 6 months giving everyone an opertunity to experience "The War" which is taking on a new look and format??

End of next month we will post news of where and when?

Thanks,

AW.

And further down, there are some comments - and this one in particular caught my eye:

Hey hey, Im also an old visitor to the Glasgow Arches, I was only about 6 at the time! Still have vivid memories about it and ive been really excited about it coming back! Would LOVE for it to come to Glasgow again! Any chance?
Posted by Mr. Smiley on 01 Aug 2008, 21:35

It's looking good!
Posted by Alien War on 03 Aug 2008, 20:13

Here is the link

I'm initially really happy about this but am not holding my breath because they haven't exactly been reliable on their word when dates and venues are mentioned. Here's hoping though. Glasgow needs Alien War back!
View my Blog
deebers
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Its_a_gamp » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:55 am

I remember going to alien wars under the arches. We had been for some light refreshments first and were the oldest in there, there were six of us and we had a great time, especially when one of the (woosey) lads with us nearly sh** himself. It was great fun. Never went to any of the other though.
Due to cutbacks, the light at the end of the tunnel is off until further notice!
Its_a_gamp
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Jram » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:55 pm

I heard today from a friend who has been offered some work on this. Seems it's going ahead quite soon, in the Glasgow venue mentioned above (once it regains its license...)
Jram
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby Jazza » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:43 am

Myself and Sisterblue might know a few things about this..... Cant say anything just now though :mrgreen:
Eighty percent of success is showing up.
Jazza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Glesga Lawyer » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:37 pm

I say that the first night, should be "Neds Only Night"..."Free admission ! "
Then use real lasers on the fuggers :twisted:
"Shooting fish in a barrel", springs to mind :wink:
Keep asking the questions
And question the answers
Glesga Lawyer
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Alien Wars 2008

Postby Sharon » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:28 am

PREMIERE EVENT

EMBARGOED UNTIL 00.01 ON

HALLOWEEN 31/10/08

ALIEN SPACECRAFT DISCOVERED IN THE ARCHES BASEMENT

“An Alien Spacecraft discovered in the basement of the Arches has been quarantined by the British Army who are now patrolling the site. We are all trying to work at the venue as normal during this time but it has been agreed with governmental authorities that we can invite members of the public to view this amazing discovery in small groups.” Spokesperson, The Arches, Glasgow, Scotland.

Rumours suggested it would be London or Los Angeles but this Halloween we are proud to announce that the world premiere of terrifying total reality experience Alien Wars will return to its ‘spiritual’ home at the Arches, Glasgow, Scotland on Friday 28th November.

If it was frightening before, it will be utterly bone shaking this time around as the drama moves from the original location of the street level arches and deep into the very bowels of the venue (where there have been ghostly sightings in the past).

The thrilling experience, which pulled people out of their armchairs and into the middle of the action, claimed 100,000 victims when it opened at the Arches in 1992. No longer were they watching a movie, they were in it for real. For Alien Wars, the experience has been developed so that it is right up-to-date and set to devour a new generation of victims.

Gary Gillies, one of Alien Wars two creators, said: “We are delighted that the world premiere of this new show is back where it belongs at The Arches in Glasgow, Scotland. We look forward to inviting into the Alien’s lair the youngsters who came to the original experience, brave new devotees and of course die hard sci-fi fans.”

Film friends John Gorman and Gary Gillies, both from Glasgow, took on the big boys of Disney and Universal Studio theme Parks to create the event back in 1992 where they also took the experience to Aberdeen and Bournemouth.

The experience also ran at London’s Trocadero, attracting Sigourney Weaver, star of the Alien films. Sigourney, after getting up close and personal with Giger’s horrific creation, wasn’t too prepared to go for another round with the big guy. She said back in 1992: “Although I have been through the movie, I was screaming as much as everyone else.” Tony Blair also attended the event. When Michael Jackson visited Glasgow in 1992 for his Dangerous Tour, the King of Pop sent his bodyguards in to face the alien and test the water. They ran out half way through!

Auditions for Alien Wars actors will take place at The Arches at 253 Argyle Street on Monday 3rd November 2008 from 7pm. No experience required. Tall actors (6ft plus) especially welcome.

Don’t miss this thrilling experience and remember, in the Arches basement no-one can hear you scream!!!
Beware of yawning dogs.
Sharon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby deebers » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:13 pm

Fan-bloody-tastic! :P
View my Blog
deebers
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby deebers » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:26 pm

Alien Wars Date Change
The New Alien Wars will now open on Saturday the 6th December to the public. A special Premier Party for special invited guests will be held on the Thursday night the 4th December.

The Myspace web site will now be only for the old Alien War Show and a new Myspace site and official web site http://www.alienwars.com will be up and running in the next few days, details will be posted soon.
View my Blog
deebers
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)