Postby banjo » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:50 pm

the incredible menstrual morris.
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: Most violent streets in Glasgow

Postby Mori » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:07 pm

STV

It was a hand grenade they got done for last year. :?

Hand grenade found in Glasgow shop
Officers have been searching Victor Morris in Argyle Street since Friday.
30 November 2008 14:55 PM

Police searching a shop in Glasgow city centre have found a hand grenade.
Officers have been at Victor Morris in Argyle Street since Friday. A number of items have been removed for examination. The raids are in connection with the alleged sale of second-hand goods which require a specific licence.
Last updated: 30 November 2008, 14:55
Mori
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Mori » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:47 pm

BBC

Men cleared of banned weapon sale

The owner and director of a retailer in Glasgow city centre have been cleared of selling prohibited weapons.
Martin Morris and Thomas McAteer were arrested and accused of selling nanchucks at the Victor Morris store on Argyle Street in August last year.
But they were acquitted at Glasgow Sheriff Court following a submission of no case to answer
Mori
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby glasgowken » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:06 pm

Victor Morris is closing, I wonder what prompted that ?
I've got a hand grenade, it's an inert one from WWII. Not doubt the one in the shop was in the same condition and perfectly legal, no licence needed, etc etc, otherwise he would certainly have got done for it.
Nothing like a bit of selective reporting :roll:
GK
glasgowken
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby BrigitDoon » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:32 pm

We used to stay with a French family when I was a kid. They put me up in their son's room while he was away on national service. On the shelf in the bedroom were various military souvenirs that he'd smuggled home.

I admired the grenades and told Mum about them in the morning. Mum told our host who proudly informed her that they were live. Mum threw a wobbly and I had a different bedroom the following night. :D
UXB
BrigitDoon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby hungryjoe » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:59 pm

BrigitDoon wrote:We used to stay with a French family when I was a kid. They put me up in their son's room while he was away on national service. On the shelf in the bedroom were various military souvenirs that he'd smuggled home.

I admired the grenades and told Mum about them in the morning. Mum told our host who proudly informed her that they were live. Mum threw a wobbly and I had a different bedroom the following night. :D

Boom, boom!
Multi dinero, multi ficky fick, multi divorce.
hungryjoe
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby BrigitDoon » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:32 pm

...out go the lights! :D

(apologies to Pat Travers)
UXB
BrigitDoon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Mori » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:14 am

Herald

Springburn tops league as nation’s most feared area for violent crime

42% of Springburn residents fear being attacked by strangers.
Mori
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Josef » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:22 am

Or to put it a different way "The majority of Springburn residents said they felt perfectly safe."

I was surprised at the relatively small spread between the 'safest' and 'most dangerous' areas, only 19%. I wonder what the question was that they asked.
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Boxer6 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:45 am

Not to mention stretching the point to beyond breaking by referring to Arthur Thomson! OK, Provan is in the North, but that's about the only similarity surely?

I work in Springburn, and it's not as bad as some other areas in my opinion. Milton springs to mind here; in my nine years working round this area, there have been more murders and serious assaults there than Springburm! Go figure, as they say in Murca.
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
Boxer6
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby north glasgow dave » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:42 am

Boxer6 wrote:Not to mention stretching the point to beyond breaking by referring to Arthur Thomson! OK, Provan is in the North, but that's about the only similarity surely?

I work in Springburn, and it's not as bad as some other areas in my opinion. Milton springs to mind here; in my nine years working round this area, there have been more murders and serious assaults there than Springburm! Go figure, as they say in Murca.

springburn is far worse than milton, hickory st alone has had a good few murders in the past 5 years.
and the only reason milton went into decline was when they pulled down huge chunks of possil they rehoused all the dross in liddesdale rd. which eventually led to that rd being demolished.only for the possilites to be moved to cathay st,and then that st got demolished.

dave
north glasgow dave
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby hungryjoe » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:01 am

Mori wrote:Herald

Springburn tops league as nation’s most feared area for violent crime

42% of Springburn residents fear being attacked by strangers.

That wee shop on the left edge of the picture was my dad's. :D
Multi dinero, multi ficky fick, multi divorce.
hungryjoe
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby larrytrooper » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:41 pm

BrigitDoon's mother should not have worried about the grenade, even though it was live it had to have a primer inserted to be able to explode and I am certain no one sane would have done that. Also sitting on a shelf would not cause it to go off either. Our nanny state has most people swooning and screaming in fear at the mere mention of a gun or a knife, the media has done a wonderful job of frightening the populace regards guns etc., to suit the nanny state's desperate need to control our every move from the cradle to the grave.
larrytrooper
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby BrigitDoon » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:15 pm

larrytrooper wrote:BrigitDoon's mother should not have worried about the grenade...

I'd recommend reading a little more of this forum. :D
UXB
BrigitDoon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:57 pm

larrytrooper wrote:BrigitDoon's mother should not have worried about the grenade, even though it was live it had to have a primer inserted to be able to explode and I am certain no one sane would have done that. Also sitting on a shelf would not cause it to go off either. Our nanny state has most people swooning and screaming in fear at the mere mention of a gun or a knife, the media has done a wonderful job of frightening the populace regards guns etc., to suit the nanny state's desperate need to control our every move from the cradle to the grave.

At an early age I discovered there were more licensed weapons including rifles and shotguns in Blackhill I did not immediately think it's great everyone has the freedom to own a gun. I thought who the fuck had licensed them.

I can't recall a time mind you when we let people keep grenades at home. When did we lose that freedom?
"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)