Most violent streets in Glasgow

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby Schiehallion » Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:47 pm

Afro_Glaswegian wrote:
A_G, gonnae quit it wi the text speak

Shakespearean English suit u better Hollowhorn 8)

Even ordinary English would suffice.
Schiehallion
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby HollowHorn » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:10 pm

2 rite m8 :wink:
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

A friendlier city

Postby Mori » Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:38 pm

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/lo/features/7025589.html

IT'S ONE of the hottest destinations on the planet for city breaks, is the UK's second-best shopping mecca after London, and it has just been voted among the world's top locations by local business chiefs.

But Glasgow has its dark side of drink-fuelled violence, drug-taking and muggings which have left some citizens too scared to venture into the city centre at night

And crime figures revealed today appear to show the investment has been value for money.

The statistics compare the nine months from November 2005 to the end of July 2006 with the same period in 2004-05, and show:

•Serious assaults were down from 133 to 82 - a drop of 38%.

•Robberies, including muggings, were down from 166 to 144 - a drop of 13%.

•Public indecency (urinating, indecent exposure and indecent assault) down by half.

•Prostitution arrests down 42%.

•An 11.4% reduction in road accidents.

•A "significant" drop in assaults on police officers.

Mori
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: A friendlier city

Postby My Kitten » Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:58 pm

Mori wrote:[url]
The statistics compare the nine months from November 2005 to the end of July 2006 with the same period in 2004-05, and show:

•Serious assaults were down from 133 to 82 - a drop of 38%.

•Robberies, including muggings, were down from 166 to 144 - a drop of 13%.

•Public indecency (urinating, indecent exposure and indecent assault) down by half.

•Prostitution arrests down 42%.

•An 11.4% reduction in road accidents.

•A "significant" drop in assaults on police officers.[/b]

I dont believe any of this mince for a moment. i would go so far to say that people cant be bothered to report stuff as nothing gets done.....
My Kitten
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: A friendlier city

Postby Ally Doll » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:01 pm

Mori wrote:•Public indecency (urinating, indecent exposure and indecent assault) down by half.

Does that count people vomiting in the doorway of my close? I came home last night and had to lean in, open the door, and jump over it. Disgusting. People keep peeing in the doorway too, and even once onto a pile of free newspapers inside the close itself.

Why would I bother reporting it though - the police are hardly likely to send a DNA testing team round followed by someone with a mop and bucket!!! :roll: :evil:
Ally Doll
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby scallopboy » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:03 pm

In the words of Chuck D and Flavor Fla; "don't believe the hype".

Adapted from the words of somebody I can't remember at the moment, "There are lies, damned lies, statistics and then there are politicians"

I've had a tyre slashed, wing mirror broken, quarterlight smashed, been car run, do i report it, no i don't as the police will not be able to do anything and those statistics get used by insurance companies to determine risk and next year I pay more for my house and car insurance.

Bring back the days when the police beat the shit out of housebreakers and general arseholes (allegedly of course).

Nuff said
scallopboy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Mori » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:24 pm

It's so sad that the times sometimes tries to pull the wool over your eyes by pretending that there is something which is not.

I was out on the town the other weekend and a group of wee neds were bothering an elderly couple at a bus stop, i told the neds to F off and leave the couple alone at the same time fearing for myself in case they turned me ... what can you do but stand and take abuse off them because no one does anything to stop the wee basterds .

I fear for the future unless something really really radical is done. :?
Mori
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Sharon » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:31 pm

Do these stats also mean police aren't meeting their performance targets?
Sharon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Peekay » Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:05 pm

Mori wrote:I was out on the town the other weekend and a group of wee neds were bothering an elderly couple at a bus stop, i told the neds to F off and leave the couple alone at the same time fearing for myself in case they turned me ... what can you do but stand and take abuse off them because no one does anything to stop the wee basterds

Wise move! I was on a 38 about a year ago and there was a team of wee r-soles making pests of themselves and generally scaring folk on the bus. I turned round (after a libation or ten) and told them to "Sit down and shut the f**k up". Alas, they didn't do either! I had six or seven on me within seconds and I could hear "Stab him, stab him" from the back of me. I'm quite a big guy (6ft+15st) so i've no chance of being able to fight in a narrow bus corridor. After a couple of minutes of me being given the good news one of them, dare i say the nice one, decided enough was enough. I grabbed my bag, went to the front of the bus, and the driver said "I think you'ld better get off now pal". He never had the balls to put them off or even call the polis. It was about a month before my face repaired itself and I lost a great job because of it.

PK
Peekay
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby glasgowken » Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:54 pm

Jesus, 8O what time of day was this PK ? Did you report it yourself ?
GK
glasgowken
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:15 pm

Involve me and I will understand: Corporate psih

http://www.rossiterandco.com/CorporateVideoExamplesMarketing.htm

scroll down and clicjk on safetown glasgow
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby My Kitten » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:19 pm

Dexter St. Clair wrote:Involve me and I will understand: Corporate psih

http://www.rossiterandco.com/CorporateVideoExamplesMarketing.htm

scroll down and clicjk on safetown glasgow

Is this an expansion on the Child Safety Centre in Pollok?
My Kitten
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

violence

Postby cataclyzm » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:27 pm

hey,

violence and glasgow.

i've got a theory and it's based on some personal experience.

If cities are like people, then perhaps those cities with low self worth(industry now gone) and poor parents(GCC) are more likely to strike out in the horror of violence.

I forgive the violence that happened to me in Glasgow, but I still have to live with it everyday. I don't hate the culprits. Because understanding is much harder than the easier path of blame.

I look to those who created the conditions and atmosphere to fuel disconnection and antipathy in those who are violent. But even they can be forgiven - and so the cycle goes on. It'll only tear you apart really.

I had to look somewhere beyond all the blame and causal analysis to find peace in my own heart. Otherwise you'll carry on the baton of the violence that was forced upon you. So: it stops with me.

I hope and pray that those who strike out at the vulnerable find and have everything they never had as children to be fulfilled and at peace with themselves.

I'm not saying i'm right - but this is my personal choice. I don't mean to inflict it on anyone else or say it should be done.

all the best.
robert.
cataclyzm
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Sharon » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:40 pm

Maybe we should be following this example to inspire kids to do something otehr than hang about looking for someone to abuse?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,7-2470961.html
Sharon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: violence

Postby Josef » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:46 pm

cataclyzm wrote: So: it stops with me.

Good on you, Robert.
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext