Most violent streets in Glasgow

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Most violent streets in Glasgow

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:01 pm

No.
"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby HollowHorn » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:39 pm

The Taxi rank in Paisley was rather lively last night, all caught on cctv i'm sure, sadly the polis appear to have been on their tea break at the time.
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Josef » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:07 pm

Must have been those folk that were spotted getting tanked up on the 9A last night .
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby HollowHorn » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:11 pm

Well no the RC's, obviously.
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Mori » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:37 pm

A damning report on the STV news tonight.

An ambitious strategy has been launched to rid Scotland of its violent reputation within a decade.

The Justice Minister and Strathclyde Police's new Chief Constable joined forces with the national violence reduction unit to set out the long term vision which they hope will shatter the country's booze and blade culture.
Mori
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby onyirtodd » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:33 pm

Mori wrote:A damning report on the STV news tonight.

An ambitious strategy has been launched to rid Scotland of its violent reputation within a decade.

The Justice Minister and Strathclyde Police's new Chief Constable joined forces with the national violence reduction unit to set out the long term vision which they hope will shatter the country's booze and blade culture.

If you wanted first hand knowledge of booze and violence you couldn't have picked a better MSP than Kenny MacAskill who, according to the BBC, was held on suspicion of being drunk and disorderly before the England versus Scotland Euro 2000 match at Wembley stadium.
238 to 127. All in all a good afternoon's work
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Excalibur » Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:04 pm

BadBoyBear wrote:I have to agree it is violent in Glasgow. Most of time police are never around when needed.

Mainly because of two reasons - although the number of overall police officers is the highest it's probably ever been, the number of actual response officers is probably at it's lowest. And those who are "response" are dealing with issues and problems that most people would label a waste of time (not talking about self-generated work here, just calls made by members of the public).

I would say 80% of the calls I go to are either not a police matter or are simpy a waste of time. And I spend 90% of my time dealing with 10% of the population.
Excalibur
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby BadBoyBear » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:28 pm

Excalibur wrote:
BadBoyBear wrote:I have to agree it is violent in Glasgow. Most of time police are never around when needed.

Mainly because of two reasons - although the number of overall police officers is the highest it's probably ever been, the number of actual response officers is probably at it's lowest. And those who are "response" are dealing with issues and problems that most people would label a waste of time (not talking about self-generated work here, just calls made by members of the public).

I would say 80% of the calls I go to are either not a police matter or are simpy a waste of time. And I spend 90% of my time dealing with 10% of the population.

That is why most people take law into own hands as only way to get things done. As I say its a waste of time phoning police as by time they turn up its all over an done wi. Its now a case of defend yourself or go under an that is one reason for things being so violent here.
BadBoyBear
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby onyirtodd » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:11 pm

HollowHorn wrote:The Taxi rank in Paisley was rather lively last night, all caught on cctv i'm sure, sadly the polis appear to have been on their tea break at the time.

I think John Harkin is far happier to let Buddies kick fuck out of each other than Johnny Gwynne was.
238 to 127. All in all a good afternoon's work
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby bluepeterno1 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:20 pm

BadBoyBear wrote:
Excalibur wrote:

That is why most people take law into own hands as only way to get things done. As I say its a waste of time phoning police as by time they turn up its all over an done wi. Its now a case of defend yourself or go under an that is one reason for things being so violent here.

You should try living in the likes of Bute. We have a local cop shop in the middle of the town ,if you shouted loud enough they would probably hear you,but if you need them you have to phone through a call centre and the cops appear hours later.if you try to get hold of an offender untill they arrive ,you run the danger of being charged yourself.
bluepeterno1
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Mori » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:02 pm

CRIME: Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide

Image Image

POLICE have moved to reassure the public following a worrying increase in robberies and muggings in Glasgow.
There were large increases in these types of crimes last year, with many muggers targeting victims for mobile phones and MP3 players.Police figures show robberies, including attacks on commercial premises, were up 6% in Glasgow, from 1195 to 1263.
The crime rate doubled in East Dunbartonshire, from 19 to 39 offences, while East Renfrewshire recorded 50 robberies, six higher than the previous year.
Many of those in East Renfrewshire were down to one individual who has since been caught and jailed.
Across the force area, there were 2191 robberies and muggings - up 1.8% - and just a third of cases were solved.
Mori
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby conn75 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:05 pm

bluepeterno1 wrote:You should try living in the likes of Bute. We have a local cop shop in the middle of the town ,if you shouted loud enough they would probably hear you,but if you need them you have to phone through a call centre and the cops appear hours later.if you try to get hold of an offender untill they arrive ,you run the danger of being charged yourself.

But you get to read all about it in the Buteman the following Friday! :D
http://www.whiskywhiskywhisky.com
conn75
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby bluepeterno1 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:32 pm

conn75 wrote:
bluepeterno1 wrote:You should try living in the likes of Bute. We have a local cop shop in the middle of the town ,if you shouted loud enough they would probably hear you,but if you need them you have to phone through a call centre and the cops appear hours later.if you try to get hold of an offender untill they arrive ,you run the danger of being charged yourself.

But you get to read all about it in the Buteman the following Friday! :D

Aye ,which consists of about four pages ,two of them adverts :x
bluepeterno1
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Mori » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:11 pm

Mori
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dugald » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:34 pm

That's very interesting stuff Mori. As a young fellow i spent a lot of time in Pollock, and I know the bridge well where these gang fights allegedly take/took place. One wonders though, if some of these apparent ned-types put on a special performance for whoever is intervieing them... I'd like to think they did.
Dugald
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)