Most violent streets in Glasgow

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby vinny » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:13 pm

My Word wrote:
Dexter St. Clair wrote:[Under attack from a thug wearing a pair of Wranglers jeans He's got neo nazi leanings, possibly a band follower probably a r*****s supporter who left school at the earliest opportunity and a typical product of a non denominational junior secondary more than likely born at home .


a typical product of a non denominational junior secondary

I went to what you refer to as a non denominational school and you are inferring something. Please elaborate or preferably withdraw your insulting remarks.


I concur with My Word. Well?
vinny
First Stripe
First Stripe
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 11:06 pm

And they say americans don't get irony.

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:11 am

vinny wrote:
My Word wrote:
Dexter St. Clair wrote:[Under attack from a thug wearing a pair of Wranglers jeans He's got neo nazi leanings, possibly a band follower probably a r*****s supporter who left school at the earliest opportunity and a typical product of a non denominational junior secondary more than likely born at home .


a typical product of a non denominational junior secondary

I went to what you refer to as a non denominational school and you are inferring something. Please elaborate or preferably withdraw your insulting remarks.


I concur with My Word. Well?


my apologies i meant to type Airdrie Academy.
User avatar
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 6252
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:54 pm

Postby My Word » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:21 am

Any mods around or is this veteran insulter and possible bigot bullet proof ?
'Hark the Herald Angels Sing'
User avatar
My Word
First Stripe
First Stripe
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:52 pm
Location: The Big Whitbread hoose.

Postby elgee » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:48 am

He is winding you up and having a laugh. In poor taste I know but. come on ...
Lighten up
elgee
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 650
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:45 pm
Location: west

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:34 pm

Renfield Street, Glasgow, November 16, 1971.


I don't think this was the date of the photograph as there is no mention of a demonstration and no photographs the following week in the Herald, the evening times nor the Scotsman. there was a Women's liberation demonstration the following weekend. it was cancelled as only 20 turned up and they headed for Strathclyded union. probably didnae want their shoes ruined in the snow.
User avatar
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 6252
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:54 pm

Postby HollowHorn » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:29 pm

Dexter St. Clair wrote:there was a Women's liberation demonstration the following weekend. it was cancelled as only 20 turned up and they headed for Strathclyded union. probably didnae want their shoes ruined in the snow.

Hahahahaha, you are sooooooo dead ::):
User avatar
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 8922
Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 9:59 pm
Location: Paisley

Postby tedmaul » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:26 am

Dexter St. Clair wrote:I don't think this was the date of the photograph as there is no mention of a demonstration and no photographs the following week in the Herald, the evening times nor the Scotsman. there was a Women's liberation demonstration the following weekend. it was cancelled as only 20 turned up and they headed for Strathclyded union. probably didnae want their shoes ruined in the snow.


I have to confess to having doubts about the date myself. If nothing else, November 16 1971 was a Tuesday and the streets seem awfy busy for a week day - not like nowadays when no-one seems to work and shopping centres are full 7 days a week.
Jim Hacker: "Are you saying that winking at corruption is government policy?"
Sir Humphrey: "No, no, Minister. It could never be government policy. That is unthinkable. Only government practice."
tedmaul
Second Stripe
Second Stripe
 
Posts: 303
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:36 pm

Postby HollowHorn » Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:13 pm

Had a wander through Tradeston yesterday, up as far as Shields Rd, then caught the subway back to Bridge St. for a wee donner over to the Green.
I'm meandering along the main road through the Gorbals when these 5 fuckwits appear on the other side of the street around a hundred yards away. I'm often out on my own, so my danger radar is always up. My first thought was "Carry on, they'll ignore you, or about turn, now if you about turn, you'll only alert them" So I keep walking, it's broad daylight on a busy road after all.

I get to within 20 yards of them when the bare chested, skinny, shaven headed one at the back claps his beady eyes on me. Aw fuck, I see him start to veer towards me, It's written in blood, inevitable, shit. He's really up fot it, his eyes never leave me, such fucking chemicaly induced anger, this is serious stuff. I'm thinking "I'll smash my camera right into his fukking rat like face, fuck him, he's not walking away from this one"
He steps off the pavement to cross the road, shite, is this how it ends....

His mates who must have partook a little less of the madness meds are saying to him "He's no evin lookin et you btw, fuck sake man chill oot ma man, fuckin guy's jist walkin up the fuckin road" At this, a corner presents itself & I'm exiting stage left, over St. Andrews bridge as fast as my lanky legs will carry me, the empty eyed cunt is shouting the odds behind me, fuck you, i'm back into civilisation. Sometimes I hate this bastirt city.
User avatar
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 8922
Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 9:59 pm
Location: Paisley

Postby HollowHorn » Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:37 pm

...
User avatar
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 8922
Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 9:59 pm
Location: Paisley

Postby viceroy » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:02 am

Fully sympathize with you HH. I've had a few similar scrapes over the years. Afterwards you fantasize about blowing them off the face of the earth. It's the good weather in particular which seems to induce the real popeyed nutters to come crawling out of their holes. Funnily enough I lived in the Gorbals myself for about five years at the beginning of the 1980's and never experienced any real trouble.

What can you do? Stay locked up in the house? That means they've won and we mustn't let that happen under any circumstances.
User avatar
viceroy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 1048
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:23 pm
Location: Glasgow no more

Postby weedgie_bored » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:09 am

My Word wrote:Any mods around or is this veteran insulter and possible bigot bullet proof ?

Mr Dexter is a classic badmouthing wosirc, according to him, Scotland was an uneducated country barely able to read and write.
They'll remove this post before they take action on him.
weedgie_bored
Busy bunny
Busy bunny
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:20 pm
Location: england

Postby tedmaul » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:57 am

HollowHorn wrote:His mates who must have partook a little less of the madness meds are saying to him "He's no evin lookin et you btw, fuck sake man chill oot ma man, fuckin guy's jist walkin up the fuckin road" At this, a corner presents itself & I'm exiting stage left, over St. Andrews bridge as fast as my lanky legs will carry me, the empty eyed cunt is shouting the odds behind me, fuck you, i'm back into civilisation. Sometimes I hate this bastirt city.


It's the randomness that frightens. If you could point to one aspect of your behaviour that provoked then you could at least retain some control over any future incident. But, in reality, you have no control and that's what's scary.
Jim Hacker: "Are you saying that winking at corruption is government policy?"
Sir Humphrey: "No, no, Minister. It could never be government policy. That is unthinkable. Only government practice."
tedmaul
Second Stripe
Second Stripe
 
Posts: 303
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:36 pm

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:44 pm

weedgie_bored wrote:
My Word wrote:Any mods around or is this veteran insulter and possible bigot bullet proof ?

Mr Dexter is a classic badmouthing wosirc, according to him, Scotland was an uneducated country barely able to read and write.
They'll remove this post before they take action on him.


and you're another clown that skipped school the week they did interpretation . Read the posts again. If you encounter any hard words or phrases
phone 0808 100 9000
User avatar
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 6252
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:54 pm

Postby Apollo » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:36 pm

HollowHorn wrote: I'm thinking "I'll smash my camera right into his fukking rat like face, fuck him, he's not walking away from this one"


This is the sort of time I wish Zenith were making making digital cameras.

* Zenith - makers of fine Russian photographic tanks for anyone that only came to photography when digital arrived. Favourites of anyone involved in news reporting, especially demonstrations, where you could crack a troublemaker over the head with one, and carry on taking pictures without worrying about breaking it.
User avatar
Apollo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 2283
Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 10:26 pm
Location: Glasgow

Postby Graham » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:12 pm

Apollo wrote:
HollowHorn wrote: I'm thinking "I'll smash my camera right into his fukking rat like face, fuck him, he's not walking away from this one"


This is the sort of time I wish Zenith were making making digital cameras.

* Zenith - makers of fine Russian photographic tanks for anyone that only came to photography when digital arrived. Favourites of anyone involved in news reporting, especially demonstrations, where you could crack a troublemaker over the head with one, and carry on taking pictures without worrying about breaking it.


You mean one of these (excuse the dust :oops:)?

Probably the best thing you could use one for nowadays is as a weapon. Great bit of kit in their day for the price though :)

Image
I was banned for being homophobic.
Graham
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 678
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:32 am
Location: On the Strathclyde Police Most Unwanted list

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests