Ghosts & Hauntings in Glasgow

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby crusty_bint » Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:03 am

LostSoul wrote:Living in a city so steeped in history, i often find myself wondering when, where, and in what capacity the spirits (good or bad) of Glasgow's past put in an appearance....

Anyone live in a haunted flat ? is there paranormal activity in your place of work ? seen something ghostly or unexplainable in the streets ? I'm interested to know.
here i go, it's coming for me through the trees
crusty_bint
-
-

Postby shammon » Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:59 am

:roll: .........

I had the sad time actualy had to move house because of spirits and other strange going ons.

The house in question was 35 Kings Bridge Cresent Kings Park.

Now i was about 9 years old my sister was 6 and i was with my mum and dad in the house where we all stayed. We had many strange things happen the worst was when my sister seen a person float by in the lounge one night and screamed the house down, my mum was freaked by it. There was that feeling of being watched in the house I always ended up sleeping with the light on, as well as did my parents.

My sister one night seen lights dancing she said all around her room and that was it for my mum, we ended up selling the house after that.

NOW! the funny thing was the house was bought and i did go round several times with in the last 3 years just to see the area etc and twice i seen the house up for sale AND one day it was BOARDED UP!!!!! all the windows were covered with wood as if it was disused, Now this house is in a great area and why did it look abandoned very strange.

Further more the neighbour above us in the 4 in a block used to come down to us to inform us about the noise? thats right the noise when no one was in at the times she said the banging was happening etc..

I did find out that there was a little boy who was knocked down outside our house well before we moved in and it was the next blocks grand son who had run out onto the road and was killed, now that made me think.

ANYONE stay on kings park? its the house which directly faces the stairs up to the park bit,

Id never go back into that house even if you paid me..... :wink:
I cant spell so what the hell!
shammon
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby LostSoul » Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:42 am

Shammon, that was a great read. I already feel myself noting that address for a drive past at some point. Certainly sounds like you had a ghost in residence, i can only imagine how frightening that must have been as a child.
FIR F**K'S SAKE....S E A R C H
LostSoul
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby shammon » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:49 am

:roll: Another one!

Ok this time this happened in the mid 90s in a Residentual care home in Rutherglen (cant name it sorry) On the top floor where the resident live there was very bad things happening NOT to residents but only to staff. This is the true and not some rant.

There was a long corridor and it housed 12 rooms in each wing , One staff member reported that one evening late into there shift all the door handles begain to drop down and spring up in sucssesion! yip just like a mexican wave does, she ran out the building and declined to return. after being advised to come in and calm down it all strated from there on, following that insident the next one happened.

The staff member went into the room at the end of the corridor and all the chairs cubard, bed were stacked up in the middle of the room 8O I kid you not, this was getting serious now. As a result the local priest from St Combhills chapel was asked to visit and he did and had to exercise the upper place.

I my self did see may shadows pass the doors often at night which would set of the sensor lights in the hall, this happend to many staff

Now the intresting part.

Many staff wanted to know why this happening at the time Rutherglen museum was opened and was located next to the police station. we found out that the home was built on an old monestary which they proved dating back many hundreds of years ALSO THE fact when the home was being built and they were digging they recovered some of the pillars from the monestary building which he showed me....

MORE> He also pointed out that the local Grave yard in Rutherglen was a Druids grave yard and ALSO MORE that along the road 1 min walk was a Roman "tumulis" which was a roman burial chamber!!! this was getting weird....BUT MORE

There was alleged tunnels leading from the roman burial mound in to the church yard and it passed under the home, this was confirmed by a staff member whos husband used toplay in the entrace years ago before the council secured it up. Alleged also Mary queen of Scotts used this.

Any way thats my wee update on spooky Rutherglen and its hidden landmarks

Psss :roll:
Did you know that even today in new care homes in Southlanarkshire there is no room 13? they call ieither 12a or just miss it out completley.
shammon
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby LostSoul » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:05 am

Mannnn that sounds a bit too scary. Synchronised springing door handles and self stacking furniture is just a wee bit beyond the old rattlin' chains and spooky noises routine. Did the local priest break out in a cold sweat before flinging himself out the window ??
FIR F**K'S SAKE....S E A R C H
LostSoul
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Sydney Rosewater » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:52 am

DickyHart wrote:Dalamrnock bridge is definatly the freakiest. More on that if enough people want to know........

C'mon then! Telliz!
Sydney Rosewater
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby MacotheIsles » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:55 am

A few years ago I was staying with a friend in Knightswood. I'd got hold of some infra-red film and I thought it'd be nice to try it out on a ghost hunt. We were going to go to the Millheugh at Larkhall which is reputedly haunted, and camp beside the river overnight.

Two days before the event my friend was sitting in his livingroom talking to a Nigerian student about it. Quite suddenly his balcony door blew inwards, the hall door on the other side of the room also blew inwards and the window curtains went just about flat aginst the ceiling with the wind. He ran out of the house and wouldn't go back in a and the Nigerian fella locked himself in the bathroom for a good half hour before he'd come out.

I called it off.
MacotheIsles
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Pgcc93 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:58 am

I called it off.

Was that due to the bad weather? ::):
Pgcc93
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby shammon » Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:04 pm

LostSoul wrote:Mannnn that sounds a bit too scary. Synchronised springing door handles and self stacking furniture is just a wee bit beyond the old rattlin' chains and spooky noises routine. Did the local priest break out in a cold sweat before flinging himself out the window ??

The priest had to ensure it was an actual occurance before he accepted to do it. He took it all very seriously. I t would have been pant wetting if some one would of hid in the tolet and jumped out with a devel mask on when he was doing his thing, but thats my sick sense of humour. :) :D
shammon
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Pripyat » Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:05 pm

Shammon. I did notice your old house on the market a while back
and the price was reasonable, now I know why the asking price.

Always like that area of the city. Don't know too much about the
older history of the area, but looking into it as I speak.
"The nose of a mob is its imagination. By this, at any time, it can be quietly led." - Edgar Allan Poe
Pripyat
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Field Marshall Shug » Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:43 pm

There was a building on the original 'Restoration' series on the BBC which was a hidden-away music hall in Glasgow. I think I saw the same building feature in a paranormal investigation programme (not 'Most Haunted' alas).
Field Marshall Shug
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Location: Listening to Strawberry Switchblade on a burst sofa.

Postby Grahame » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:27 pm

I saw that prog too. It was the Britannia music hall in both progs.
Grahame
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby markp » Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:38 pm

Here's a strange one from a coupla decades back.
My Mother-in-law Jean had a sister Joan who had been left quadraplegic after an ambush during the Greek Cypriot conflict in the fifties. A wire across the road and she ran her motorbike straight through it. Snipers were waiting for the First Aid help. Bloody, painful and pointless. Anyways, she ended up in a military hospital in Edinburgh. At some point Jean bought her an old alarm clock. The wind up type with those two daft bell things on the top.
When Joan passed away, Jean took possession of what little was left of Joan's things, including the clock, which by this time was broken. The winder had snapped but for sentimental reasons Jean kept it in her auld display cabinet in the living room. It sat there for years...until one night just after nine o clock, the bloody alarm went off. Jean, needless to say, was pretty freaked out. Remember, we're now in the late seventies and Joan had been dead for a good few years.
Jean immediately binned it.
At the time she stayed in Niven St., up Maryhill. The bins were in the back court, metal bins stored in a brick outhouse thing.
A month passes. The door goes one saturday and two wee boys are there with a box of stuff that thay'd raked the bins for to make a few bob.
The first boy, quite innocently says: "Want tae buy a cloak, misses!" and hauds up the very same alarm clock. Jean, being a pretty fiercesome wummin, grabs it aff them and takes it into the house. It never rang again though. She kept it for a few more years and then threw it in the Kelvin. Jean NEVER drank, had little imagination and was hard as nails. A great wummin all round, the perfect mother-in-law. Lying wisnae in her nature. Go figure....
markp
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby dougie79 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:10 am

Worked nightshifts at the victoria infirmary and have to say a few odd things occured.

On one occasion whilst outside having a fly fag, I noticed a hooded figure that seemed to gliding up past the incinerator building into the direction of the queens park. I at first thought it was one of the porters acting the goat but it seemed to continue up through the fence and into the park. Needles to say I stayed in the ward for the rest of the night.

The other incident actually happend in the ward. I was waiting for a patient to return from the toilet, when i noticed something out the corner of my eye. It looked like a large dog but was totally disgusting and disfigured. There was blood and a green like fluid round it. When the patient appeared he froze and asked me " what the hell is that" I turned to him to take him back to his bed and when I turned back round there was no trace of it. Im glad the patient saw this too as I thought I had been doing way to many nighshifts. The weird thing is that a friend of mine had experienced the exact same thing, but it was in a hospital in Dumfries. 8O
Underground Overground wandering free
dougie79
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Fireman » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:29 am

Are there really ghosts in Glasgow?

Woooooooo...........!
Fireman
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)