Ghosts & Hauntings in Glasgow

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Re:

Postby DickyHart » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:22 am

Aiken Drum wrote:
DickyHart wrote:bit of a speciallity in this subject, glasgow has some great ghosts, there are ghost horses in the underground, dalmarnock bridge is haunted, glasgow cross. etc

let me go home and get my notes and have more in ther next day or two.

Bit of a bump here and new to the forum but I recently came across this post after doing a search for this ghost of Dalmarnock Road bridge.

Around 9 years ago I used to live on Dalmarnock Road and one dark, winters night I left my flat to go up to Rutherglen Main St for something. As I was walking over the bridge I saw a guy, round about the same age as me, dark jacket, dark jeans sitting on the parapet on the 'wrong' side of the bridge looking down onto the Clyde.

I asked the guy was he ok and did he need any help but he never even seemed to hear me or see me and paid me no attention whatsoever. At the time I just put him down to being a local loonball who's either smoked too much or drank too much and was just having an off day.

So I left it at that, went up to the Main St, came back down and the bloke was no where to be seen. I left it at that and never thought any more about it until I came across a story about that particular ghost the other day. Every single story I have read about this matches mine (apart from him jumping) - the description is the exact same; dark clothes, short dark hair and around 30ish.

To be honest, it rather freaked me out a wee bit the other day so if anyone else has any information on this I would dearly like to hear it.

There isn't really much else known about this particular haunting. Yours is unique as most sightings im aware of he has jumped and the people haven't heard or seen him hit the water.
Is this gonna be a standup fight, sir, or another bughunt?
DickyHart
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: Ghosts & Hauntings in Glasgow

Postby Josef » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:07 am

I have absolutely nothing whatsoever to contribute to the topic, Aiken Drum, but I'd just like to say that I like your user name.
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby MacotheIsles » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:38 pm

Josef wrote:I have absolutely nothing whatsoever to contribute to the topic, Aiken Drum, but I'd just like to say that I like your user name.

It takes some beating.
MacotheIsles
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Bridie » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:33 pm

MacotheIsles wrote:
Josef wrote:I have absolutely nothing whatsoever to contribute to the topic, Aiken Drum, but I'd just like to say that I like your user name.

It takes some beating.

::):
Yes HH,I know
Bridie
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby dazza » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:52 pm

DickyHart wrote:plus the nurses hate working in 10centre in there, it creeps them out.

Where/what was 10 Centre?
dazza
-
-

Postby Scottsin » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:39 am

@applemaca Hello there, I may bring some exciting/horrifying news to you in regards to the mystery of Crossmyloof Gardens. I am 21 years old and for as long as I can remember my Mother (61) has told me about her scariest life experience of paranormal activity which took place twice in Crossmyloof gardens, as the conversation continued I decided to try find anything about this haunting and came across this thread, my mother was terrified and so was I after reading your story and how similar it was to hers. After doing some research tonight I have found some very unexplainable things in relation to Crossmyloof Gardens, I hope you find this interesting.

My mother used to babysit in her teens for a family friend and one night in 1973 she was alone downstairs and around 10pm began to hear some footsteps in the hallway going back and fourth. The more she heard it the more scared and petrified she grew while the baby she was looking after was sleeping in his bedroom. For a few hours this went on but she was too scared to go up and check, she phoned her friend to come round and immediately after her friend knocked the door the footsteps stopped. I presume this could be the old man from the loft your sister was referring to.

My mother vowed to never babysit or be alone in that house again and a few months later her family and herself were invited round for dinner and during the dinner everyone present heard the footsteps, the owner of the house quickly ran up the stairs to check but nothing was there and he quickly wanted to change the topic of conversation that night and it was never spoken of again.

The house in question is #53 of Crossmyloof gardens, my mum and myself are very curious and wonder if you could find out which number your sister lived in? If this all took place in #53 or if it is across the whole area.

Some weird findings tonight:

The family my mum babysat for lost a child at 2 years old to cancer, you referred to the old man not wanting the children to leave the area, could this be connected or just coincidence?

If you find #53 on Google Earth and go to the back of the house you will see what appears to be a very distorted patio door, this is even stranger as the rest of the streets windows are shown completely fine.

The amount of times properties in CMG have been sold since 2000 is insane! #52 and #54 have been sold but #53 hasn't as found on one of the estate agents websites... we found that really creepy!

A man from the 1800s died from exhaustion and his widow went through some tough events as I found on wikipedia, could this man be the ghost in the loft or just more coincidence?

My mum also said that Crossmyloof Gardens was apparently built upon an old graveyard which would explain the whole situation exactly, but I could find no confirmation of this.

We were reading your story and had nothing but goosebumps as my mum related to it on so many levels and in a way it has brought closure to a 46 year old mystery, she always thought everyone doubted her story but seeing your story as well just confirms that Crossmyloof Gardens is indeed spooky, I have goosebumps as I type this to you and I would LOVE to hear from you and if you could find out which # your sister stayed in.

Many thanks!
Last edited by Scottsin on Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scottsin
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby Scottsin » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:56 am

applemaca wrote:Hi, my sister lived in what at the time were new builds at Crossmyloof Gardens over the southside. At day or night she would hear footsteps on the stairs & objects would go missing & reapper in strange places (Housekeys hanging from curtain rail & the like). Within a few months the kids started asking "who the man in the loft was?" One evening she left a tape running and my brother and I were scared out our pants when she let us here it. I remember asking my nieces what they heard and saw and they told me about the old man who would climb out of the loft and come into their rooms.
Years later.......over 20years after my sister moved, she was contacted by the present occupants who were at their wits' end, they asked her if she had "noticed anything strange going on when she lived at the address"? as their kids were terrified of "the man in the loft" resulting in them calling in a medium who informed them of the "spirit of an old man who was preventing children from leaving the area" for good or evil reason she never said. My nieces who are in their 40's now are still spooked by what went on. Does anyone know of similar tales from this area?

@applemaca Hello there, I may bring some exciting/horrifying news to you in regards to the mystery of Crossmyloof Gardens. I am 21 years old and for as long as I can remember my Mother (61) has told me about her scariest life experience of paranormal activity which took place twice in Crossmyloof gardens, as the conversation continued I decided to try find anything about this haunting and came across this thread, my mother was terrified and so was I after reading your story and how similar it was to hers. After doing some research tonight I have found some very unexplainable things in relation to Crossmyloof Gardens, I hope you find this interesting.

My mother used to babysit in her teens for a family friend and one night in 1973 she was alone downstairs and around 10pm began to hear some footsteps in the hallway going back and fourth. The more she heard it the more scared and petrified she grew while the baby she was looking after was sleeping in his bedroom. For a few hours this went on but she was too scared to go up and check, she phoned her friend to come round and immediately after her friend knocked the door the footsteps stopped. I presume this could be the old man from the loft your sister was referring to.

My mother vowed to never babysit or be alone in that house again and a few months later her family and herself were invited round for dinner and during the dinner everyone present heard the footsteps, the owner of the house quickly ran up the stairs to check but nothing was there and he quickly wanted to change the topic of conversation that night and it was never spoken of again.

The house in question is #53 of Crossmyloof gardens, my mum and myself are very curious and wonder if you could find out which number your sister lived in? If this all took place in #53 or if it is across the whole area.

Some weird findings tonight:

The family my mum babysat for lost a child at 2 years old to cancer, you referred to the old man not wanting the children to leave the area, could this be connected or just coincidence?

If you find #53 on Google Earth and go to the back of the house you will see what appears to be a very distorted patio door, this is even stranger as the rest of the streets windows are shown completely fine.

The amount of times properties in CMG have been sold since 2000 is insane! #52 and #54 have been sold but #53 hasn't as found on one of the estate agents websites... we found that really creepy!

A man from the 1800s died from exhaustion and his widow went through some tough events as I found on wikipedia, could this man be the ghost in the loft or just more coincidence?

My mum also said that Crossmyloof Gardens was apparently built upon an old graveyard which would explain the whole situation exactly, but I could find no confirmation of this.

We were reading your story and had nothing but goosebumps as my mum related to it on so many levels and in a way it has brought closure to a 46 year old mystery, she always thought everyone doubted her story but seeing your story as well just confirms that Crossmyloof Gardens is indeed spooky, I have goosebumps as I type this to you and I would LOVE to hear from you and if you could find out which # your sister stayed in.

Many thanks!
Scottsin
Just settling in
Just settling in

Previous

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)