Ghosts & Hauntings in Glasgow

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Ghosts & Hauntings in Glasgow

Postby MOLLY » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:50 am

DickyHart wrote:http://www.ghosthunters.org.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?p=9305&sid=2832cf236c1ebc23be0fea963f9add6e

Thanks Dicky Hart.
MOLLY
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby applemaca » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:04 pm

Hi, my sister lived in what at the time were new builds at Crossmyloof Gardens over the southside. At day or night she would hear footsteps on the stairs & objects would go missing & reapper in strange places (Housekeys hanging from curtain rail & the like). Within a few months the kids started asking "who the man in the loft was?" One evening she left a tape running and my brother and I were scared out our pants when she let us here it. I remember asking my nieces what they heard and saw and they told me about the old man who would climb out of the loft and come into their rooms.
Years later.......over 20years after my sister moved, she was contacted by the present occupants who were at their wits' end, they asked her if she had "noticed anything strange going on when she lived at the address"? as their kids were terrified of "the man in the loft" resulting in them calling in a medium who informed them of the "spirit of an old man who was preventing children from leaving the area" for good or evil reason she never said. My nieces who are in their 40's now are still spooked by what went on. Does anyone know of similar tales from this area?
“Let me in old pensioner……for I am a bogus gasman, wi fake ID, n’am here tae ransack yur hoose!”
applemaca
First Stripe
First Stripe

Re:

Postby the researcher » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:30 pm

shammon wrote::roll: .........

I had the sad time actualy had to move house because of spirits and other strange going ons.

The house in question was 35 Kings Bridge Cresent Kings Park.

Now i was about 9 years old my sister was 6 and i was with my mum and dad in the house where we all stayed. We had many strange things happen the worst was when my sister seen a person float by in the lounge one night and screamed the house down, my mum was freaked by it. There was that feeling of being watched in the house I always ended up sleeping with the light on, as well as did my parents.

My sister one night seen lights dancing she said all around her room and that was it for my mum, we ended up selling the house after that.

NOW! the funny thing was the house was bought and i did go round several times with in the last 3 years just to see the area etc and twice i seen the house up for sale AND one day it was BOARDED UP!!!!! all the windows were covered with wood as if it was disused, Now this house is in a great area and why did it look abandoned very strange.

Further more the neighbour above us in the 4 in a block used to come down to us to inform us about the noise? thats right the noise when no one was in at the times she said the banging was happening etc..

I did find out that there was a little boy who was knocked down outside our house well before we moved in and it was the next blocks grand son who had run out onto the road and was killed, now that made me think.

ANYONE stay on kings park? its the house which directly faces the stairs up to the park bit,

Id never go back into that house even if you paid me..... :wink:

ghost hunters scotland would possibly be interested in this and possibly do a stay overnight with their ghost hunting apparatus type ghost hunters scotland into google to get the website
THE FLYING SCOT MADE BY RATTRAYS IN GLASGOW THE BEST BICYCLE EVER MADE
the researcher
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Bridie » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:41 pm

I know someone who's going to Glasgow to take photographs and they're looking for moody dark ghosty atmospheric places. Can anyone point me either to some long forgotten thread on the subject or suggestions for spooky locations both old /new.
Are there any modern spooky places?
Yes HH,I know
Bridie
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby John » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:25 pm

The inside of Fossil's wallet would be a good place.
'It's a sad day for capitalism when a man can't fly a midget on a kite over Central Park'
John
-
-

Postby Bridie » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:37 am

John wrote:The inside of Fossil's wallet would be a good place.

Who is Fossil? :)
Yes HH,I know
Bridie
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby cumbo » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:09 pm

A ghost of these parts ::):
cumbo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Bridie » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:18 pm

and will this Fossil be able to tell me the creepy places to go? :wink:

Ahh ffs will someone give me some ideas this is a Canadian visitor expecting me to tell him the best places to take moody creepy pics in Glasgow? ::):
Yes HH,I know
Bridie
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby busdriver » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:58 pm

Bridie wrote:and will this Fossil be able to tell me the creepy places to go? :wink:

Ahh ffs will someone give me some ideas this is a Canadian visitor expecting me to tell him the best places to take moody creepy pics in Glasgow? ::):

The Necropolis, Cathedral Square, Provands Lordship, Glasgow Cathedral, Glasgow University, Sighthill Cemetery, Glasgow Green, Peoples Palace, St Andrews-By-The-Green Greendyke Street, Police Mortuary Saltmarket, High Court Building, Blythswood Square. Plenty of weirdness and atmosphere among that lot to be getting on with.
Reguloj por la gvidado de sagxuloj kaj blinda obeemo de malsagxuloj.
busdriver
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby busdriver » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:20 pm

Bridie wrote:Who is Fossil? :)

Fossil: From the Latin "Fossus" Literally, dug up. Could be the actual remains of a once living thing.

Says all you need to know about him realy. :wink:
Reguloj por la gvidado de sagxuloj kaj blinda obeemo de malsagxuloj.
busdriver
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Bridie » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:33 am

Thanks busdriver some ones I never thought of there.
Yes HH,I know
Bridie
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Bridie » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:40 am

Think this is a creepy spot especially at night - better not send this bloke too far on his own :)

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=bridge+ ... 2,,0,-7.07

How come that says Norfolk Street on google and yet the street sign says Nelson Street? a google mistake?
Wonder too how far the trail of empty bottles goes in that small gap? 8O
Yes HH,I know
Bridie
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Josef » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:42 am

busdriver wrote:
Bridie wrote:Who is Fossil? :)

Fossil: From the Latin "Fossus" Literally, dug up. Could be the actual remains of a once living thing.

Says all you need to know about him realy. :wink:

Indeed.
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Bridie » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:44 am

Here's another one - where does that door lead to? 8O

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=bridge+ ... ,,0,0&z=20
Yes HH,I know
Bridie
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Josef » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:54 am

The Laurieston is great! Albeit I'm banned from there.

The street name thing was covered somewhere on here. The suggestion was that it's a way of checking for copyright breaches.
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)