Unusual looking chappie in City Centre

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby HollowHorn » Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:59 pm

Spoke to him yesterday, he seemed quite normal, apart from his chosen look.
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby My Kitten » Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:01 pm

HollowHorn wrote:Spoke to him yesterday, he seemed quite normal, apart from his chosen look.

Ive spoken to him in Dumbarton once and he was alright. A group of us who got on the bus copped it off him tonight tho.
My Kitten
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby neilmc » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:58 pm

Perhaps not the correct Forum to mention this, as they are not unusual in any way, but has anyone noticed the rather distinguished-looking elderly gent who stands at one of the tables outside the Rogano of a lunchtime with a bottle of Champagne on ice, and a single champers flute, suggesting he's quite alone, and has the whole bottle all to himself? He's probably someone quite famous (no, it's not Jack McLean).
Also, the big lad who sits right at the corner of Argyle Street and Jamaica Street with a nifty-looking black SLR camera (Nikon? Canon?). He's probably photographing the buses, and may well be a contributor to this Website.
Like I say, they're not fruit-cakes, but to me they add to the character of the city-centre.
Or maybe I should get out more....
neilmc
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby glasgowken » Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:00 pm

Before anyone asks, the last one ISN'T me :?
GK
glasgowken
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Peekay » Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:17 pm

glasgowken wrote:Ever seen that group of winos who sit next to the car park on Ross Street, between London Road, & the Gallowgate ?
They start very early.

They're not starting early, just finishing late :D

There's a guy about the Cross/Start of London Rd who always looks at the buildings above him when he's walking. The story is scaffolding fell on his heid years back and sent him a bit doo-lally. Probably the last thing he did was look up before he was hit and his brain just kinda got stuck there. If I remember right he always says "Oh my, oh my" too, but I've maybe just made that bit up. I used to work in the Glaziers at the X and he was forever wandering in and making a PITA of himself, but we were nice and just steered him back out again as opposed to some of the other "undesirables" that were forever appearing in the shop.

PK
Peekay
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby HollowHorn » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:54 pm

glasgowken wrote:Before anyone asks, the last one ISN'T me :?

But the first one is :?:
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby glasgowken » Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:45 am

I'm not that distinguished :(
GK
glasgowken
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby aliferste » Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:16 am

wee lassie wrote:
markp wrote:
Simba wrote:What about the guy around the West End/Byres Road/Botanics who always wears a big thick dark coat and hat with ear flaps, regardless of whether it's 30 degrees or 3 degrees!

Yeah, Earflaps Man gets fed in the morning at the University Cafe and occasionally nips intae the Uni Barber in chancellor Street for a beard trim...No! Not that kinda beard trim.
He's pretty rife though but apparently he's an awright guy. Then again, if ah wis hunting about the streets aw night in an auld military coat with mah head squashed into a woodsmans furry hat, ah'd be rife masell!
funnily enough, ah've not seen him doon Byres Road in a while. Ah'll make some enquiries...

He signs on the brew at Anniesland so he is up there a few times, however I haven't seen him for a while. Actually he is a nice guy I've spoken to him a few times - he knows me from the paper shop I once worked in, he'd come in get his fag papers and tobacco then we'd have a little chat, he is a quiet unassuming man. I've never asked him about his personal situation because it is not my business.

Yea, he is a nice enough guy, I often see him checking his bank account down at a cash machine in Anniesland. I have given him cash a few times for a cup of tea.
aliferste
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Luco » Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:09 pm

aliferste wrote:
wee lassie wrote:
markp wrote:
Simba wrote:What about the guy around the West End/Byres Road/Botanics who always wears a big thick dark coat and hat with ear flaps, regardless of whether it's 30 degrees or 3 degrees!

Yeah, Earflaps Man gets fed in the morning at the University Cafe and occasionally nips intae the Uni Barber in chancellor Street for a beard trim...No! Not that kinda beard trim.
He's pretty rife though but apparently he's an awright guy. Then again, if ah wis hunting about the streets aw night in an auld military coat with mah head squashed into a woodsmans furry hat, ah'd be rife masell!
funnily enough, ah've not seen him doon Byres Road in a while. Ah'll make some enquiries...

He signs on the brew at Anniesland so he is up there a few times, however I haven't seen him for a while. Actually he is a nice guy I've spoken to him a few times - he knows me from the paper shop I once worked in, he'd come in get his fag papers and tobacco then we'd have a little chat, he is a quiet unassuming man. I've never asked him about his personal situation because it is not my business.

Yea, he is a nice enough guy, I often see him checking his bank account down at a cash machine in Anniesland. I have given him cash a few times for a cup of tea.

take it his account was empty?
Luco
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby weasler » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:52 am

The Unusual Chappie, has been nicknamed the Electric Scarecrow by the driver on bloodbus. read his comments from the URL below.

http://www.bloodbus.com/blog26_the_elec ... recrow.php
weasler
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby aliferste » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:36 pm

Luco wrote:
take it his account was empty?

Dunno - never looks that happy about it though - looks at his statement for a good while.
aliferste
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby eltor2ga » Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:55 am

I wonder if he has any idea that he is the subject of all this internet chit chat?
eltor2ga
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Verbal Kint » Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:47 pm

weasler wrote:The Unusual Chappie, has been nicknamed the Electric Scarecrow by the driver on bloodbus. read his comments from the URL below.

http://www.bloodbus.com/blog26_the_elec ... recrow.php

Yip I have come across him on loads of busses especially the 66. He also spends a lot of time on argyle street near the new flats called thae bridge.
Verbal Kint
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Field Marshall Shug » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:44 pm

Today I saw an unusual bloke in the city centre. He was in his 20s, heavy-set, big beard, no fashion sense, carrying a big irn bru bottle. He gave the victory salute to the BHS section where they sell coffee and sandwiches. He then gave a bendy-bus the same victory-v salute.
Field Marshall Shug
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Location: Listening to Strawberry Switchblade on a burst sofa.

Postby Josef » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:52 pm

An acquaintance of mine reports having seen the multi-coloured hair bloke that kicked off this thread being carted, kicking and struggling and bollock naked, into an ambulance on Sunday afternoon in Byres Road.
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)