INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Its snowin'

Postby GolfSnowMan » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:46 pm

Hello all,

Just stumbled across this board on the net. It looks pretty good and I am lookin' forward to pitchin' in a tad. I've been livin' in central Europe for the last 15 odd years and I'm startin' to feel a little homesick.

I teach golf in the summer and skiin' in the winter. In fact I'm headin' up the mountain on Monday to start my winter season :D.

I enjoy chattin' about films, telly, JFK, Celtic (not tonight though), golf and skiin' obviously, WWII and anythin' to do with atheism.

My pet hates are politics, the English and people who think they are smarter than me.

My most annoyin' habit is trying to get the last word in or agreein' with what is being said and then followin' it up with a but. I was a member of a very good golf forum for a few years and got banned for this very habit. :oops:

I hope my tendencies don't annoy anyone on this board and we can enjoy some banter together in the future. :wink:
Before you answer my threads, get your facts right first and then you can distort them as you please.
GolfSnowMan
Just settling in
Just settling in

Re: Its snowin'

Postby rabmania » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:28 pm

GolfSnowMan wrote:Hello all,

Just stumbled across this board on the net. It looks pretty good and I am lookin' forward to pitchin' in a tad. I've been livin' in central Europe for the last 15 odd years and I'm startin' to feel a little homesick.

I teach golf in the summer and skiin' in the winter. In fact I'm headin' up the mountain on Monday to start my winter season :D.

I enjoy chattin' about films, telly, JFK, Celtic (not tonight though), golf and skiin' obviously, WWII and anythin' to do with atheism.

My pet hates are politics, the English and people who think they are smarter than me.

My most annoyin' habit is trying to get the last word in or agreein' with what is being said and then followin' it up with a but. I was a member of a very good golf forum for a few years and got banned for this very habit. :oops:

I hope my tendencies don't annoy anyone on this board and we can enjoy some banter together in the future. :wink:

Casual racism, check.
If you leave that out, at least you've got the fact that you can use apostrophes going for you. Having said that, you could just type the 'g' rather than the apostrophe.
Oh, and welcome.
rabmania
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: Its snowin'

Postby GolfSnowMan » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:57 pm

rabmania wrote:Casual racism, check.

As a youth I hated Rangers' fans but grew out of that. Homosexuality has always been a bit puzzlin for me but as I have never tried it I won't even start to knock it. Colour, creed, class etc bother me minimally so I accept the casual racism handle.

rabmania wrote:At least you've got the fact that you can use apostrophes going for you. Having said that, you could just type the 'g' rather than the apostrophe.

Droppin the apostrophe but withholding the 'g' will be my compromise.

rabmania wrote:Oh, and welcome.

Thanks! :D
Before you answer my threads, get your facts right first and then you can distort them as you please.
GolfSnowMan
Just settling in
Just settling in

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Postby swissguard » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:01 pm

Hi all
Swissguard here, wish i was posting from sunny Rome, but i`m in the republic of Queens Park.
Gorbals born and bred ( the real Gorbals ) just thought i would say hello
swissguard
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby banjo » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:20 pm

hullo swissguard,welcome to hg.
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Canuck » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:03 pm

Wow came across this site when looking up Gloria's Record Bar in Battlefield Rd. Happy times living in King's Park & Croftfoot from mid 60's through to '74 when I moved to London for work. Nowadays in Vancouver but look back to Glasgow as some of the happiest times in my life, hopefully will get back one day.
Nice site full of wonderful memories.
Canuck
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby Wee Harry » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:15 am

Hullo, I am a Rangers, not gay (are these normally related) and was born in Kames Street opposite Dixons Blazes, I was having a wee swally with Lord Howie in London who told me I looked Scottish and took me to his club, anyway he told me loads and loads about where I lived and the name of the family who operated Dixons might have been a Lord Galbraith, next morning could not remember a word! Ouch jesus can those Lords drink!
Wee Harry
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby morry01 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:57 pm

Thanks for letting me join.
Im originally from Georges X left in 1967 now in Australia. Fond memories of Glasgow .
lived in Maryhill Road. went to Woodside Sen School.
Miss me mince n tatties.
morry01
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby lucozade » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:50 pm

Hey guys thanks for the add hope to meet a few soon :D Im 44 in the Inverclyde area if anyone interested :roll:
lucozade
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby morry01 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:03 am

HI thanks for adding me to this site.
Im in Australia formerly from Glasgow St Georges X Maryhill road. lived there till 1967
miss my hometown.
morry01
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby Mrs M » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:37 pm

Hi all. Loving the site. Spent the last couple of weeks looking at the past present pages. Fascinating!
Mrs M
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby HollowHorn » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:11 pm

Awright troops? Welcome aboard.
Yes Bridie, you do.
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby misspandalebear » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:31 pm

Hi I'm Panda,

sorta new here although I have made a post or two.

Have a few things on the go, currently trying to research my 1874 building (in Dennistoun) and looking for plans or an architect.
Doing a little research on the early occupants also.
Am also doing a little family history so might need the odd bit of help on that too.

Have found all whom I've spoken to helpful and friendly.

Thanks all! :)
misspandalebear
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby The Creeping Spleen » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:51 pm

A big welcome to all you new folk. :)
Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.
The Creeping Spleen
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby HollowHorn » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:52 pm

You will prolly meet Dex later. :D
Yes Bridie, you do.
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)